God's Plan of Salvation

RETIREDFAN1

Not every Baptism performed is approved by God!  

Therr is only ONE BAPTISM that God approved of, and it is the baptism that comes as a result of the true teachings of Jesus Christ... That is tha baptism that saves and put only those who obeyed the teachings of Christ  into the church, which is the body of Christ. Acts 2:47, Col.1:18, Eph.1:22-23.

There are MANY people who are baptized in various ways, whose baptism is INVALID. Which means - you are not baptized in the specified way that will cause God to recognize you! You only got wet in a religious way!

That makes you STILL dirty!
That makes you STILL living in your sins!
That STILL place you under condemnation!
That means you are STILL cut off from God!
That means you are STILL outside of Christ!
That means you are STILL in darkness and have no hope!
That means you have NO SPIRITUAL BLESSINGS!
That means you are STILL a child of the devil and NOT a child of God!

*Some people claimed they are saved then got baptized; that is Biblically wrong! Jesus said..."He who believeth and is baptized shall be saved"... Mark 16:16.
*Some people got water poured on your head for baptism; that is Biblically wrong! Rom.6:4 said..."Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life."
*Some people got water sprinkled on your head for baptism; that is Biblically wrong! The bible said baptism is a burial, Rom.6:4, Col.2:12.
*Some of you called upon the name of the Lord and claimed that you are saved; that is Biblically wrong! Jesus said..." Not everyone that say unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter the kingdom"... Matt.7:21.
*Some people held on to their radio or television set and said the sinner's prayer; that is Biblically wrong! The word of God said..."Now we know that God does not hear sinners..." John 9:31.
*Some people went to the altar and tarry for the Holy Ghost; that too is Biblically wrong! I know it WAS NOT God's Holy Ghost you tarried for. The question is asked..."What are you tarrying for...?" Acts 22:16.
*Some people claimed that they received the Holy Spirit BEFORE they got saved; that too is Biblically wrong! No one receive the Holy Spirit until they obey the gospel of Christ, Acts 2:38.
*Some people ... in fact, MILLIONS of people were taught the WRONG doctrine and once you have obeyed the wrong doctrine that you were taught, there is NO WAY you can be Biblically right in God's sight UNTIL you get the correct teachings and obey the correct teachings just as John's twelve disciples did in Acts 19:1-5.

The bible said..., "there is a way that seems right to a man, but the ends thereof are the WAYS of death!" Pro.14:12, and... “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord. “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways,
and My thoughts than your thoughts." Isa.55:8-9

Until you do it God's way ... you have either done it your way, man's way, or the devil's way! 

Only God's way is the right way!  
Until you ...
👉🏿Hear the Gospel of Christ, Acts 15:7, Romans 10:17.
👉🏿Believe the Gospel of Christ, Mark 16:15-16, Hebrews 11:6.
👉🏿Repent of your sins, Luke 13:3-5, Acts 17:30.
👉🏿Confess your faith in Christ, Acts 8:37, Rom.10:9-10
👉🏿Baptized in water for remission of your sins, Acts 2:38, Acts 22:16, 1 Peter 3:21.
... you are STILL spiritually dead and cut off from God in your trespasses and your sins!

NOTE CAREFULLY!

Please note the events that took place in Acts Chapter 2 and Acts chapter 10 - Those events were super natural or extraordinary. 

Both times super naturally acquired abilities to speak foreign intelligent languages took place. At minimum we know that this is what happens when a person is baptized not in water, but in the Holy Spirit. One must understand that there is a difference between the 👉🏿baptism👈🏿 of the Holy Spirit and the 👉🏿gift👈🏿 of the Holy Spirt. Holy Spirit baptism yields super natural events. But you must know that there is no Holy Spirit baptism today!

For one thing, God said there is only one baptism in effect today, Ephesians 4:5. The other thing is... if Holy Spirit baptism was taking place today, super natural physically visible events would also be taking place at the same time just as it was in the Bible. The point I am making is that Holy Spirit baptism is NOT proof that a person is saved. It is proof that God is about to do something that He had never done on earth before. Both times the full gospel was being preached. The gospel WAS NOT fully preached before Christ resurrected because God had not revealed it fully to the world UNTIL AFTER Christ resurrected. 

In Acts chapter 2, the gospel was presented to the Jews for the first time. In Acts chapter 10, it was presented to the gentiles for the first time. Holy Spirit baptism IS NOT proof that a person is saved because that was not the purpose of Holy Spirit baptism. 

Today, whosoever become obedient to the gospel of Jesus Christ receives the gift of the Holy Spirit... not the baptism of the Holy Spirit! They receive the gift of the Holy Spirit when they are baptized in water for the remission of sins just like God said through Peter in Acts 2:38.
             Think On These Things

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Baptism For The Remission Of Sins
Mike Riley 
In the religious world today there is much controversy over the subject of baptism. Some believe it is necessary to obedience and one may not refuse to submit, but it is not essential to our becoming a child of God. Others believe it is not necessary at all while others believe it is a prerequisite in becoming a Christian, that baptism is for the remission of sins.
What Do The Scriptures Say?
Peter was asked by the those assembled on Pentecost, “What should we do?” (Acts 2:37). He replied, “Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins” (Acts 2:38). The expression, “for the remission of sins” is literally “into (to, unto, with a view toward) the remission of sins.” Also note that inspiration puts (1) repent and (2) baptism before (3) “remission of sins.”
Argument Over The Word “For”
Some in the religious world argue that the word “for” before “remission of sins” is translated from the Greek word “eis” and means “because of.” In other words, one is to repent and be baptized “because” his sins have already been forgiven.
First, that would be a strange interpretation putting repentance after one becomes a Christian rather than before. Can one be saved without repentance (Luke 13:3,5; Luke 24:47; Acts 17:30-31)? Secondly, it is also interesting that Jesus himself tied baptism with belief (faith) in Mark 16:16. He also put “saved” after both belief and baptism. If one is saved before repentance and baptism, then the same would hold true of belief (faith) in Mark 16:16. Is one saved before he believes that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God?
The Greek Expression “Eis” And A Similar Passage
Does the Greek expression “eis”, rendered “for” in Acts 2:38 mean “because of?” If the expression means one is already saved before he repents and is baptized, it would have that meaning in other passages where it is used. If it does not mean that in other passages, it cannot mean that in Acts 2:38.
When Jesus instituted His supper, he stated in the latter part of Matthew 26:28, “For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.” Who will argue that we are saved before Jesus shed his blood (Hebrews 9:22)? If the expression, “for the remission of sins” means one is saved before what is described prior to the expression in Acts 2:38, then that interpretation must also apply in Matthew 26:28. It would make Jesus saying His blood was shed for many because their sins were already forgiven. Just think, you and I were saved before Jesus shed His blood! If we were, then we were saved by something other than the blood of Jesus!
Conclusion
If the phrase “for the remission of sins” in Matthew 26:28 means Jesus’ blood was shed “in order” that you and I might receive the remission of our sins, then the same expression in Acts 2:38 means you and I repent and are baptized “in order” to receive the remission of sins.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there one God? Most folks professing Christ readily accept this idea.    😍👍🏽💡

“You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble!”
‭‭James‬ ‭2:19‬ 

Is there one Jesus? One son of God? Most agree. ❤️😁💪🏽

“For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus,”
‭‭I Timothy‬ ‭2:5‬ ‭

Is there just one way of salvation? This where many begin to err from the faith. 🤔🤷🏽‍♂️🙄

Sure they believe that Jesus is the way.
“Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.”
‭‭John‬ ‭14:6‬ 

But when it comes to the one way of salvation that He offers they don’t wish to stay aboard the “one train”. They scoff and roll their eyes with contempt that baptism into Christ, immersion in water by the authority of Jesus is the one way to have their sins washed by the blood of Christ.  

“And now why are you waiting? Arise and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on the name of the Lord.’”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭22:16

“And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:15-16‬ ‭

Instead they like those easy believism, faith alone, many paths one destination, church of your choice fables. 

“For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.”
‭‭II Timothy‬ ‭4:3-4

Then when Christians point to the salvation found only in the one church belonging to Christ, the one predenominational, antidenominational church that abides in the doctrine of Christ that’s when so called believers really lose their minds. ❌🤯🚫

“There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭4:4-6‬ 

“Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her,”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭5:25

“Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭21:2‬ ‭

If one can accept that there is one God, one Jesus, then why is it difficult to accept that there is one way of salvation in His one church? 

Obey the gospel today! Do what the penitent believers did in the book of Acts to be added to the one church of the Bible, the one church belonging to Christ. It is Jesus Himself who will add you. 

““Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.” Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Men and brethren, what shall we do?” Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call.” And with many other words he testified and exhorted them, saying, “Be saved from this perverse generation.” Then those who gladly received his word were baptized; and that day about three thousand souls were added to them.

praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭2:36-41, 47

At this point you will not be a...
Baptist
Catholic
Methodist
Lutheran 
Presbyterian 
Or any other man made name. 

You will *instead be what they were...

“And when he had found him, he brought him to Antioch. So it was that for a whole year they assembled with the church and taught a great many people. And the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭11:26

They were Christians. Nothing more. Nothing less. 

This gospel offer for salvation is extended to you in love. I am your servant. It would be a privilege to study this with you here or in private. 

Paul Mays
Christian

WHAT DOES THE BIBLE TELL ME THAT I MUST DO TO BE SAVED? 

I must…
HEAR the Gospel — 

“How shall they call on him whom they have not heard? And how shall they believe him whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? (Romans 10:14). “So then FAITH COMES BY HEARING AND HEARING COMES BY THE WORD OF GOD.” (Romans 10:17).

I must.
BELIEVE That Jesus is God's Son Who died on the cross to save us from our sins   —  
“And without faith it is impossible to be well-pleasing unto Him; for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and the He is a rewarder of them that seek after Him.” (Hebrews 11:6). “HE THAT BELIEVETH AND IS BAPTIZED SHALL BE SAVED; he that believeth not shall be damned.” (Mark 16:16).

I must...
REPENT of your sins — 
“The times of ignorance therefore God overlooked; but now he commandeth men that THEY SHOULD ALL EVERYWHERE REPENT.” (Acts 17:30). “Nay EXCEPT YOU REPENT, YE SHALL ALL LIKEWISE PERISH.” (Luke 13:3, 5).

I must...
CONFESS Jesus as Lord — 
“Behold there is water; what doth hindereth me to be baptized? And Phillip said, if thou believeth with all they heart thou mayest. And he answered and said, I BELIEVE THAT JESUS CHRIST IS THE SON OF GOD.” (Acts 8:36-37).

I must...
BE BAPTIZED for the remission of sins — 
“Then Peter said to them, ‘REPENT, AND LET EVERYONE ONE OF YOU BE BAPTIZED  in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.'” (Acts 2:38)

Then I must...
LIVE FAITHFULLY to Christ — 
“… BE THOU FAITHFUL UNTO DEATH, AND I WILL GIVE THEE A CROWN OF LIFE.”  (Rev. 2:10). He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.” (Rev. 2:7)

In 1 Corinthians 15:1-8 the apostle Paul said… "Moreover, brethren, I DECLARE TO YOU THE GOSPEL which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that CHRIST DIED FOR OUR SINS according to the Scriptures, and that HE WAS BURIED, and that HE ROSE AGAIN THE THIRD DAY according to the Scriptures, and that HE WAS SEEN BY CEPHAS, THEN BY THE TWELVE. 6 AFTER THAT HE WAS SEEN BY OVER FIVE HUNDRED BRETHREN AT ONCE, of whom the greater part remain to the present, but some have fallen asleep. After that He was seen by James, then by all the apostles. Then last of all He was seen by me also, as by one born out of due time." That is the gospel of Jesus Christ. 

Now, in 2 Corinthians 6:2 we read… "For He says: “In an acceptable time I have heard you, And in the day of salvation I have helped you.” Behold, NOW IS THE ACCEPTED TIME; behold, NOW IS THE DAY OF SALVATION."

Now that you have learned what you must to in order that you can be saved, my question to you is from Acts 22:16 … "And now, WHY ARE YOU WAITING? Arise and BE BAPTIZED, AND WASH AWAY YOUR SINS, calling on the name of the Lord."

You are told that which Jesus has instructed all mankind to do to be saved… what is your response to this very important soul saving matter?

You ought to know that....

No matter how religious you are, no matter how much you know and can quote scriptures, no matter what religion you affiliate yourself, no matter how handsome or beautiful you are, no matter how educated and intelligent you are, no matter how rich or poor you are, none of those things matters... what really matter is that you OBEY THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST and live faithful to please God. 

I am not here forcing anyone into anything, but I must let you know that I am duty bound before the Almighty God to tell everyone of you what is true, what is right, what is pleasing to God... what doth the Lord require, and to point you to the right.

Some many of you believe that because you was baptized into a religious denomination, that makes you right with God - CERTAINLY NOT!  Some of you believe that because you aren't living like some people of the world, that make you right with God. NO WAY! Obedience to the Son of God IS that which pleases God, save a person, and give the obedient person access to be ADDED by the Lord to the only Church we read of in Acts chapter two.

God specifically told us through Moses that He would raise up someone whom we all should listen to in Deut.18:15-19; then He, God spoke from heaven and told us again that we are to listen to (obey) His son, Matt.17:5. Then Christ Himself came and told us that He has been given ALL AUTHORITY both in heaven and on earth, Matt.28:19. If we refused to listen to or follow Him, then what we will receive is that which we work for and deserve.

Many today are STILL following Moses and the Law with the ten commandments. They fail to accept the fact that Moses is dead, his Law has abolished and Christ is the one in Authority.
Many choose to obey and follow their religious leaders and their false doctrines and reject Jesus Christ and the gospel.
Many conform themselves to man-made religions and reject the church that Jesus Christ purchased with His own blood, Acts 20:28, Eph.5:25.

I told you that there is only one church (it is not mine) it belongs to Jesus Christ! I am only a part of it and I'm trying to help you and others to become part of it too, but you failed to see or believe though I have proven it Biblically to you in many ways. Even if you get angry, the truth is the truth: and I have told you the truth. Obey the gospel of Jesus Christ and save yourself! Don't end up on the sad, crying, and regretful side - obey the truth so that you can be on the rejoicing side with the saved and the redeemed.

There is only one church! All the others are either doing their own things or the things of the devil. Eph.4:4-6...b"There is one body, (church) and one Spirit (He conform the Word of God), even as ye are called in one hope (the hope of eternal life) of your calling; One Lord (the Lord Jesus Christ of glory), one faith (the faith that leads to salvation), one baptism (that puts people into the church ... the body of Christ), One God and Father of all ( there is no other God, who is above all, and through all, and in you all (who obey Him)."

Choose whom you will serve today!
Do God's things God's way and please Him - or do things your way, displease God then face the consequences!

Can we be saved without baptism?

Mark 16:16 
"He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned."

John 3:3-7
Jesus answered and said unto him, "Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."  
Nichodemas saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?  
Jesus answered, "Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.  
That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.  
Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again."

Acts 2:38  
Then Peter said unto them, Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.  

Acts 8:34-38 
And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man?  
Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.  
And as they went on their way, they came upon a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?  
And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.  
And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both  into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.  

Acts16:30-34 
And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. And he took them that same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway. And when he had brought them into his house, he set meat before them, and rejoiced, believing in God with all his house.  

Acts18:7-8
And he departed thence, and entered into a certain man's house, named Justus, one that worshipped God, whose house joined hard to the synagogue. And Crispus, the chief ruler of the synagogue, believed on the Lord with all his house; and many of the Corinthians hearing believed, and were baptized.  

Romans 6:1-5
What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid.  How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ, were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection.

1 Corinthians 12:12-14
For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. For the body is not one member, but many.

Galatians 3:26-27
For ye are all the children of God by faith in Jesus Christ. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ, have put on Christ.     

1 Peter 3:21
The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

John 3:3
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. 

Without scriptrual baptism, you will never be saved, get forgiveness of sins, get the Holy Spirit, enter the body of Christ, added to the church, obtain salvation, be redeemed, be purged, be cleansed, be purifies, be sanctified, become child of God, become God's royal priesthood, become follower of Jesus, become a Christian, obtain hope of eternal life, have your name written in the book of life, to name a few...

Baptism is vitally important for the washing away of our sins and for the salvation of all mankind

CONNECTING THE BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST AND WATER BAPTISM:

The Scriptures teach that there is a direct connection between the blood of Christ and baptism. Now, I realize that many people deny such a connection, but it remains true, nevertheless. This article will demonstrate that connection.

The phrase, “for the remission of sins,” connects the blood of Christ and baptism. When our Lord Jesus instituted the Lord’s Supper (Matt.26:26-29), He said these words with respect to the cup: “Drink from it, all of you. For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins” (v.27-28). This clearly shows the reason that Christ shed His blood, i.e. the remission of sins. Indeed, the Hebrew writer affirms, “without shedding of blood, there is no remission of sins” (Heb.9:22). However, in Acts chapter 2, when the people asked Peter what they must do to be saved, He said, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit” Acts 2:38. Note that we are baptized for the very same reason that Jesus shed His blood. This connects the blood of Christ to baptism!

The phrase, “death of His Son,” connects the blood of Christ and baptism. Paul said to the saints at Rome, “For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life” Rom.5:10. The death of Jesus via the shedding of His blood results in being reconciled. But just a few verses later, Paul continued, “Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death?” Rom.6:3. Just as surely as we are reconciled to God by the death of His Son, we must be baptized into that same death. This connects the blood of Christ to baptism!

The phrase, “washed from our sins,” connects the blood of Christ and baptism. In the book of Revelation, John described Jesus as “Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood” Rev.1:5. It is the bright red blood of Jesus Christ that washes away our sins! But don’t forget that Ananias told Paul, “And now why are you waiting? Arise and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on the name of the Lord” Acts 22:16. Just as surely as Jesus washes away our sins by His blood, He only does so when we are buried with Christ into death through baptism, Rom.6:3-6. This connects the blood of Christ to baptism!

The phrase, “hearts sprinkled… bodies washed,” connects the blood of Christ and baptism. The Hebrew writer said, “Let us draw near (to God), with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water” Heb.10:22. The sprinkling is a reference to the blood of Christ, 1 Peter 1:2. And the washing of water is a reference to water baptism, Eph.5:25-26; cf. Acts 22:16). These two seemingly different things are brought together in this one verse. This connects the blood of Christ to baptism!

The phrase, “shall be saved,” connects the blood of Christ and baptism. In Romans 5:8-9, the apostle Paul said, “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.” But when Jesus gave the “Great Commission,” He said these words: “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He who believes and is baptized shall be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned” Mark 16:15-16. So, while there is no doubt that Jesus saves us by His blood, He only does so when we are baptized. This connects the blood of Christ to baptism!

The connection is clear: Christ shed His blood on the cross to make salvation possible for all mankind; and in baptism, we obtain the benefits of that shed blood. The only question that remains is, “Have you been baptized into Christ Jesus?” Rom.6:3. If you haven’t but would like to be, let us know. We will be glad to help! Winston S Chambers - The churches of Christ welcome you. Rom.16:16

POST by Dave Hart

Answering Objections To Baptism
John R. Gentry

In last month’s bulletin we discussed the necessity of being immersed into Christ in order to receive the remission of our sins and be saved . 

Despite all the New Testament clearly teaches on the subject, there are many in the religious world who object to the Biblical teaching that submersion into Christ is a part of God’s pattern of obedience to the gospel in order to be saved. 

Let’s examine some of the more prominent and popular objections.

We Are Saved By Faith
Rom. 5.1 clearly teaches we are “justified by faith” (cf. Heb. 11.6). 

However, nowhere in the Scriptures does it teach that we are saved by faith alone. 

Did you know that the Scriptures actually connect our salvation with over fifteen different things and that we are not saved by any one of these things alone? 

Consider that we are saved 

by God—1 Tim. 2.3-4; 

Christ—Matt. 1.21; 

Grace—Eph. 2.8; 

Blood—1 Jn. 1.7; 

Words—Acts 11.14; 

the Gospel—Rom. 1.16; 

Preaching—1 Cor. 1.21; 

Self—Php. 2.12; 

Faith—Rom. 3.28; 

Works of Obedience—Heb. 5.9; 

Repentance—Acts 2.38; 

Confession of Faith—Rom. 10.9-10; 

Baptism—1 Pet. 3.21; 

Hope—Rom. 8.23-24; 

Faithfulness—Rev. 2.10. 

Do any of the passages that teach that we are saved by faith negate any of the other things that the Bible connects with our salvation? 

The Bible makes it clear by simply stating, “You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone” (Jas. 2.24).

The Thief On The Cross
Jesus told one of the two thieves hanging on crosses near his, “Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise” (Luke 23.43). 

Some say baptism cannot be essential to our salvation because this thief was not baptized. Truth be told, he very well could have been baptized (cf. Mark 1.5; John 4.1-2). 

Hi More importantly, however, we must recognize that Jesus’ testament that brought salvation to the world had not yet been put into effect, for a testament only goes into effect after one dies (Heb. 9.16-17). 

Jesus himself said that this testament would not go into effect until it began in Jerusalem on the day of Pentecost (Luke 24.47).

Jesus forgave many people of their sins in many different ways while walking on this earth, but since his death, burial, resurrection and ascension into heaven where he was inaugurated as King the power of salvation lies only in the gospel plan of salvation that was first proclaimed in Acts 2. 

Yes, Jesus told this thief, who was or was not baptized, that he would be in Paradise, implying he would inherit eternal life. 

But if this pre-Pentecost example is relevant for today, then what about the other pre-Pentecost examples of inheriting eternal life? 

For example, in Mark 10.17-21 Jesus told a young man that in order to inherit eternal life, “Go, sell all that you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven…” 

Now who is willingly to say that in addition to not being baptized because the thief was not baptized, we must sell all of our possessions and give the money to the poor in order that we might inherit eternal life?

The thief lived and died under a different testament than we are under today.  Therefore his example, and others like it, are not relevant for us today.

Mark 16.16 Does Not Say “He That Does Not Believe And Is Not Baptized Shall Be Condemned”

It should be obvious that if one does not believe he will not obey, but to make it even more clear listen to the words of Jesus in John 3.18, “...whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed…” 

If a person does not first have faith, he will not submit. 

Therefore it is not necessary to mention subsequent acts of submission to God’s plan for our salvation. 

It was not necessary for Jesus to mention “and is not baptized,” for a person who does not believe will not submit to submersion into Christ because he does not believe and “is condemned already.”

Furthermore, consider the parallel statement, “He who eats and digests will live, but he who does not eat will die.” 

It is not necessary to add “and does not digest” for a person who does not eat cannot digest anything.

“For” In Acts 2.38 Means “Because Of” Not “In Order That”
Peter proclaimed in Acts 2.38, “Repent and be baptized everyone of you for the remission of your sins…” 

Some contend that Peter was not telling the Jews that they should be baptized in order that their sins might be forgiven, but because their sins had already been forgiven. 

This would be similar to saying that a person went to jail for murder, which would mean, of course, that he went to jail because of committing murder. 

However, the word “for” can also be used to mean “in order that.” For example, in Matt. 26.28 Jesus said, “this is my blood of the new covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.” 

When Jesus’ blood was “poured out,” was it because “forgiveness of sins” had already taken place, or in order to bring about the “forgiveness of sins”?

The context of Acts 2.38 shows that the people’s sins had not yet been forgiven. 

They asked in verse 37, “What shall we do?” 

Clearly they were asking how to make their lives right with God after realizing they had killed and crucified the Christ. 

If their sins had already been forgiven, Peter would have said, “You don’t have to do anything because (or maybe he would have used the word “for”) your sins have already been forgiven.” 

If it were true that they had already had their sins forgiven and were saved, why did Peter continue to “exhort them, saying, ‘Save yourselves from this crooked generation’”?

Additionally, we notice that Peter coupled repentance with baptism. Was he telling them that they should repent of their sins because their sins had already been forgiven or in order to bring about the forgiveness of those sins?

Conclusion

Obviously we cannot cover every objection in this short article. If you have any questions about any objection to Bible baptism, please contact me at anytime (contact info on back). 

We need to realize, however, that no matter how many objections can be raised against Bible baptism, the truth as taught in the Bible will never change: 

“@Baptism now saves us” (1 Pet. 3.21).

Galena Guardian
Vol. IX, No. 10, October 2007

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

COMMON ARGUMENTS AGAINST BAPTISM REFUTED 
1) THE THIEF ON THE CROSS:
a) He was not under the New Covenant where Christ's baptism is in force (Acts 19:3 - 5, 18:25 - 26).
b) We do not KNOW if he was baptized or not (with John's baptism).
c) He was forgiven directly by Jesus as was the Son’s prerogative here on earth (Mk 2:9).

2) SALVATION IS NOT BY WORKS:
a) Then why isn't everyone saved. If none of us has to DO anything to be saved - THEN WHY ARE WE NOT ALL SAVED? Because, we DO need to DO something. Remember, “hearing”, “believing”, “repenting”, and “confessing” are ALL verbs (words of action), that’s right, WORKS! Even the idea of "praying Jesus into your heart" is a work because “praying” is a verb. See Jhn 6:29 and 2Cor9:13.
b) The works Paul was talking about in the context of Eph 2:8-9 (read verse10 also!) were works with the mind set of earning salvation (Lk 17:10), not works based on the sacrifice of Jesus (God's grace). We are called to works of faith (trusting in the operation of God as in Gal 3:27). Read of Paul's conversion in Acts 22:16. Paul was baptized TO HAVE HIS SINS WASHED AWAY. How else can we rectify these two portions of scripture (Eph 2:8-9 & Acts 22:16) if what I am saying isn't true?

3) PAUL SAYS HE WAS GLAD HE DIDN’T BAPTIZE MANY OF THE CORINTHIANS:
a) There is no problem with Paul, there is a problem with scriptures taken out of context such as this one. We can not have scripture battling scripture. God's word does harmonize if we will but take the time to study it. Paul is dealing with division in 1 Corinthians chapter 1. These people have already been baptized (saved - Acts18:8). That isn't the issue. The issue is people following after certain figureheads instead of being united in Christ. Verses 13 and 15 shows why Paul was glad he did not baptize them. With their mind set, they would be following HIM. Verse 15 is key to this section of scripture.

WHY TAKE ONE SECTION OF SCRIPTURE OUT OF CONTEXT AND HOLD IT UP AGAINST MANY OTHER VERY CLEAR VERSES. THERE ARE NO CONTRADICTIONS. WE NEED SIMPLY TO "RIGHTLY DIVIDE THE WORD OF TRUTH" (2TIM2:15).

4) WHAT ABOUT ROMANS 10: 9-10:
a) Granted, at first reading, this does look like a good argument against baptism. The only problems are that 1), using this same logic, it becomes a good argument against repentance also for that is not mentioned here either, 2), if you read the whole chapter (thereby putting verses 9 & 10 into context) baptism can easily be understood to be part of obedient faith (see verses 16, 17, and note especially verse13 when you compare it with Acts 22:16),  and 3), ALL THE OTHER SCRIPTURES THAT DO MENTION BAPTISM DIRECTLY (12 TO BE EXACT).

It is an indisputable fact that if we search out all the scriptures dealing with salvation, we still come back to the same basic 6 (hearing, believing, repenting, confessing, being baptized, and living faithfully unto death). These can, and often times do, fall entirely under the meaning of “belief” or “believe” (This is called a “synecdoche”).
5) HOW CAN WE POSSIBLY CONTACT THE BLOOD OF CHRIST:
By doing it God’s way- 
a) Where are ALL spiritual blessings? ---------- Ephesians 1:3 = In Christ
b) Where is salvation found? ---------------------- 2Timothy 2:10 = In Christ.
c) How do we get into Christ? --------------------- Galatians 3:27 = Baptized into Christ.
d) What saves us? ----------------------------------- Eph 2:13, Col 1:14 = The blood of Christ.
e) How do we contact the blood of Christ? ----- Romans 6:3-5 = Baptism

6) BAPTISM IS NOT PART OF THE PREACHING OF THE GOSPEL.
a) It would seem that Philip and the Eunuch didn’t know this, for when Philip “preached unto him Jesus”, the Eunuch knew he had to DO something:

Act 8:35 - 39 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and PREACHED UNTO HIM JESUS. 36 And as they went on [their] way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; WHAT DOTH HINDER ME TO BE BAPTIZED? 37 And Philip said, IF THOU BELIEVEST with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. 38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: AND THEY WENT DOWN BOTH INTO THE WATER, BOTH PHILIP AND THE EUNUCH; AND HE BAPTIZED HIM. 39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.

B) NOTE ALSO THAT THE “GOSPEL” PAUL WROTE ABOUT IN 1 CORINTHIANS 15 IS IN PERFECT HARMONY WITH WHAT TAKES PLACE SPIRITUALLY AT OUR BAPTISM IN ROMANS 6 (WHICH WAS ALSO WRITTEN BY PAUL): 
1Cr 15:1 - 4 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, HOW THAT CHRIST DIED FOR OUR SINS ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES; 4 AND THAT HE WAS BURIED, AND THAT HE ROSE AGAIN THE THIRD DAY ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES: 

Rom 6:3 - 5 KNOW YE NOT, THAT SO MANY OF US AS WERE BAPTIZED INTO JESUS CHRIST WERE BAPTIZED INTO HIS DEATH? 4 THEREFORE WE ARE BURIED WITH HIM BY BAPTISM INTO DEATH: THAT LIKE AS CHRIST WAS RAISED UP FROM THE DEAD BY THE GLORY OF THE FATHER, EVEN SO WE ALSO SHOULD WALK IN NEWNESS OF LIFE. 5 FOR IF WE HAVE BEEN PLANTED TOGETHER IN THE LIKENESS OF HIS DEATH, WE SHALL BE ALSO [IN THE LIKENESS] OF [HIS] RESURRECTION: ✝️

Doesn’t baptism (immersion) into water fit these scriptures better than a sinner’s prayer / or saved before baptism?

HOW WERE THEY SAVED IN THE BOOK OF ACTS?

The New Testament books of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John record the life, teachings, commands, and promises of Jesus. One promise was, “I will build My church” (Matthew 16:18). One command was, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature” (Mark 16:15). 

The book of Acts is based on those two verses. Acts 1 records Jesus’ ascension to heaven; Acts 2 records the building of His church; Acts 3–28 record Christians taking the gospel to the world. 

The good news, aided by God’s Spirit, flowed down Mount Zion with such momentum that it soon spread from Jerusalem to Judea, Samaria, and the faraway capital of Rome (Acts 1:8; Isaiah 2:2–4). It had such force that it still circles the globe today.

Preachers are quick to talk about what man must do to be saved, but the discussion of salvation begins with what God did and does. God loved man and initiated salvation when men were sinners (John 3:16; 12:47; Acts 10:36; Romans 5:6–8).

God sent His Son to take the punishment man deserved (Acts 13:23; 1 John 4:14). Isaiah prophesied of this, “We all, like sheep, have gone astray; we have turned, every one, to his own way; and the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all” (Isaiah 53:6).

Acts shows God’s plan of salvation applied in ten specific conversions, some non-conversions, and a few related summary statements. 

In Acts 3:19 and 26, instruction was given to repent and be converted, but no conversions took place. In 5:29, Peter told the council that men “ought to obey God rather than men,” but they rejected it, and none were converted (5:33). Apollos was a convert who needed further teaching (18:24–26). Felix, Festus, and Agrippa rejected the gospel (24:25; 26:24, 28).

Some were not converted, but many were. We will look for a pattern of how sinners were saved in Acts. Read these in your Bible and draw your own conclusions (Acts 17:11).

■CONVERSION 1: 3000 Jews on Pentecost (Acts 2:22–47). Acts 2 records the beginning of the church. The Jewish feast of Pentecost had brought devout Jews to Jerusalem from many places. The day began with the coming of the Holy Spirit (2:1–13). When people came to see what was happening, they heard the apostles speaking in all the tongues of the people. Some thought they were drunk (2:12–13).

Peter denied that and explained this event fulfilled Joel’s prophecy (Joel 2:28–32). Peter concluded, “Let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ” (Acts 2:14–36).

Peter began with what God did (2:16–36) and finished with what man must do (2:38). About 3000 Jews

●heard (2:6, 14) and then initiated their salvation process (2:37).

●repented (2:38). This means to change one’s mind about sinful behavior.

●confessed (2:21). Calling on the Lord’s name includes confession and can stand for the entire process (cf. 22:16).

●were baptized for the remission of sins (2:41). “For” (Greek eis) means “in order to obtain.” Eis is found 1173 times in the New Testament and is never translated “because of” (cf. Matthew 26:28)
●received forgiveness of sins and the gift of the Holy Spirit (2:38). 

●were added to the church/kingdom (2:47; Galatians 3:27; Colossians 1:13). 

●continued in the apostles’ doctrine (Acts 2:42; Revelation 2:10).

●enjoyed fellowship with each other and favor with outsiders (2:44–47).

■CONVERSION 2: Samaritans (8:5–13). Philip began with what Christ did (8:5, 12). They heard (8:5–6), believed (8:12), and were baptized (8:12–13).

■CONVERSIONS 3: Ethiopian Treasurer (8:26–39). He heard (8:30–31, 35) and then initiated the salvation process (8:34, 36). He believed (8:37), confessed Christ (8:37), and was baptized (8:38). He “went on his way rejoicing” (8:39). This shows the following three things about baptism:

●“Here is water” shows baptism’s medium—water (8:36).  

●“Both Philip and the eunuch went down into the water” shows baptism’s mode—immersion (8:38).

●“What hinders me from being baptized?” (desiring immediate baptism)   (8:36) shows conformity to baptism’s purpose—forgiveness (2:38; Matthew 28:19–20). 

■CONVERSION 4: Saul of Tarsus (Acts 9:1–18; 22:6–16; 26:12–23). Saul heard (9:4), believed (9:4, 6), repented (indicated by fasting) (9:9), and was baptized (9:18). He asked two questions of eternal significance: “Who are You, Lord?” (9:5; cf. Matthew 3:17; 16:15–16); and “What do You want me to do?” (Acts 9:6; cf. 2:37; 16:30; 22:16). Every person’s eternal destiny rests on how he answers these questions.

■CONVERSION 5: Cornelius and His Household (10:1–48). Peter used the keys Jesus gave him (Matthew 16:19) to swing salvation’s door open to the Gentiles (cf. Acts 2:39). Unlike Moses’ Law (Deuteronomy 10:15), God now shows no favor to any racial or national background. All people are on equal footing in receiving the gospel, as He honors all who fear and obey Him (Acts 10:34–35). Cornelius heard (10:33–44), believed (10:43), and was baptized (10:47–48).

■CONVERSION 6: Deputy and Other Gentiles (13:6–52). These heard (13:7, 42–44) and believed (13:12, 48). No detail is given of what was preached or practiced. It does not say they repented, confessed, or were baptized. 

In a few places in Acts (4:1–4; 17:34), as here, “believe” is used as a summary or a synecdoche. Synecdoche is “a figure of speech by which a part is put for the whole.”1 When Moses said not a “hoof” shall be left behind (Exodus 10:26), he used a synecdoche, as does a cattleman who says he has “ninety head of cattle.” Jesus used synecdoche in John 3:16: “Whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” He permitted belief, which is only one condition of pardon, to stand for all the conditions.

This does not make repentance or baptism unnecessary any more than God’s granting Gentiles “repentance to life” (Acts 11:18) makes belief unnecessary.

■CONVERSION 7: Lydia and Her Household (16:13–15). These women meeting for prayer heard the gospel (16:13) and were baptized (16:15).

■CONVERSION 8: The Philippian Jailer and His Household (16:26–34). When Paul and Silas met a demon-possessed girl, they cast out the demon, which got them cast into prison. After an earthquake, Paul stopped his jailer from committing suicide. The jailer asked what to do to be saved (16:30).

Paul said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved” (16:31). To understand this, one must consider the context and full response (16:22–24).2 The jailer was a Roman. He was at best irreligious, and at worst a pagan. 

Why would Paul say, “Repent and be baptized for remission of sins” to one unfamiliar with God, Jesus, penitence, baptism, sin, and forgiveness? Paul gave the short answer and then taught him what belief involved.

The jailer then heard (16:31–32), believed (16:34), repented (implied by washing their stripes) (16:33), and was baptized the same hour (16:33). He rejoiced after being baptized (16:34). 

■CONVERSION 9: Crispus and the Corinthians (Acts 18:8). They heard, believed, and were baptized (18:8).

■CONVERSION 10: Ephesian Disciples (19:1–7). They heard (19:2–4), believed (19:4), and were baptized (19:5). They received gifts of the Spirit (19:6).

In Conclusion, no single conversion records all that is involved in a sinner’s salvation. Taken together, though, they show a clear pattern. To be saved, a sinner must hear, believe, repent, confess, and be baptized (Mark 16:15–16; John 3:3–5). A convert receives salvation, the gift of the Spirit, church membership, joy, and community. Then one must remain faithful (Acts 2:42; Revelation 2:10).

Since the entirety of God’s word is truth (Psalm 119:160), and God is no respecter of persons (Acts 10:34–35), we must take the whole as what God requires for salvation. Every person who is truly saved is saved the same way.

Where God Put Baptism
By Hugh Fulford
Many diverse views exist in the religious world about baptism:
1) Its action/"mode" (whether sprinkling, pouring, or immersion),
2) Who it is for (babies, little children, or penitent believers),
3) Its purpose (to "join" a church, because one is already saved from sin, or in order to be saved from sin).
Please consider very thoughtfully the following biblical points about the divine purpose of baptism in God's gracious plan of salvation. Read and study each verse very carefully and prayerfully. 
1.       Baptism stands between the sinner and salvation. Jesus said to His apostles, "And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned." (Mark 16:15-16). If it is argued that one is condemned only for a lack of belief rather than for a lack of baptism, let it be observed that a lack of belief is all that is necessary to be condemned and without belief baptism would be of no value. But if one wishes to be saved, then one must comply with both conditions stated by Christ: belief AND baptism.
2.       Baptism stands between the sinner and the remission of sins. The apostle Peter declared, "...Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost" (Acts 2:38). "For" in this text is the same word used in Matthew 26:28 where Christ said that His blood was shed "for the remission of sins." Christ did not shed His blood because mankind's sins were already remitted, but in order to make such remission possible. The same is true with reference to baptism "for the remission of sins"溶ot because of, but in order to! No reliable version of the Scriptures renders Acts 2:38 as "be baptized because of the remission of sins," but rather "be baptized for (in order to) the remission of sins." Note also that repentance and baptism both are "for the remission of sins," and clearly one does not repent "because" one's sins have already been remitted but in order to their remission!
3.       Baptism stands between the sinner and having sins washed away. Ananias instructed Saul of Tarsus (who became the apostle Paul): "...  arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord." (Acts 22:16). To teach that baptism is not essential to salvation from sin is to provide a way of salvation not available to Saul.
4.       Baptism stands between the sinner and the benefits of the death of Christ. Paul affirmed, "Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death" (Romans 6:3)? Until one is baptized one does not receive any of the benefits provided by the atoning death of Christ for mankind's sin.
5.       Baptism stands between the sinner and the new life in Christ. Paul further declared, "Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life" (Romans 6:4). The new life in Christ follows one's burial with Christ in the waters of baptism and being raised up to that new life.
6.       Baptism stands between the sinner and being in Christ. Paul wrote, "For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ" (Galatians 3:27). All spiritual blessings (including salvation悠I Timothy 2:10) are in Christ (Ephesians 1:3), and until one is baptized into Christ that person is not in Christ!
7.       Baptism stands between the sinner and being saved and having a good conscience toward God. Peter wrote, "The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ" (I Peter 3:21).
The observant reader of the New Testament will discover many other passages that speak of baptism, its God-appointed place in His wonderful plan of salvation, and the blessings that accompany scriptural baptism. Far from being in opposition to the grace of God or being a work of human merit, baptism is a divine prerequisite for accepting God's saving grace and entering into a saved state with the Lord. It is a beautiful re-enactment of the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ for the forgiveness of our sins (Romans 6:1-6).
Rather than being guided by the opinions and teachings of men or what you have always believed, thought, or been taught, you are urged to read and study the Bible for yourself to see what it says ALL that it says, not just a single verse or two about what one must do to comply with God's conditions for being saved! Do not write off baptism as being non-essential to your salvation from sin!

The “One Baptism” (Ephesians 4:5)
“1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, 2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; 3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; 5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all” (Eph. 4:1-6). 
1. Holy Spirit baptism occurred decades earlier in the Book of Acts, when the apostles were filled with the Holy Ghost (Acts 2:4), as Jesus had promised (Acts 1:4-5). 
2. Thus, Holy Spirit baptism no longer occurred by the time of the Epistle of the Ephesians, about 30 years later. Therefore, the “one baptism” (Eph. 4:5), is not Holy Spirit baptism. 
3. The “one baptism” (Eph. 4:5) is great commission baptism, which Jesus commanded for “all nations” (Mat. 28:19) and for “every creature” (Mark 16:15-16)— “until the end of the world” (Matt.28:20). 
4. There are many false doctrines about baptism. e.g.: Mormon baptism for the dead; Baptism as an “outward sign of inward renewal;” Sprinkling or Pouring for Baptism; Infant Baptism, & many others!
I. The Mode or Form of the “One Baptism.”
A. It is a burial in water and a being raised up out of the water—Rom. 6:4; Col. 2:12; Acts 8:38-39. 
B. “Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead” (Col. 2:12). When Philip baptized the eunuch: “…they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him. And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing” (Acts 8:38-39). Both Philip & the eunuch went down into the water!
C. Therefore, it cannot be a sprinkling or a pouring of water! [Both Philip and the eunuch had to go down into the water!] “Having… our bodies washed with pure water” (Heb. 10:22). Much water is required—John 3:23.
D. When Jesus was buried, His whole body was buried in the tomb—Mat. 27:59-60). 
E. Therefore, it is likened unto the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ— “3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life” (Rom. 6:3-4).
F. When the Ethiopian eunuch heard Philip preach Jesus unto him (Acts 8:35), he desired to be baptized, saying: “…See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?” (Acts 8:36).
G. At the house of Cornelius, Peter said: “47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we? 48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days” (Acts 10:47-48).
II. The Purpose of the “One Baptism,” in Contrast to Denominational Baptism.
A. To baptize souls “into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit:” (Mat.28:19, ASV). The “one baptism” is by the Authority of Jesus Christ—Mat. 28:18-20; Col. 3:17.
B. It is for the remission of sins or the blotting out of sins: “Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost” (Acts 2:38; cf. Mat. 26:28; Heb. 9:22; Acts 3:19; Col. 2:11). 
C. It is for the washing away of sins: “And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord” (Acts 22:16; by the blood of Christ, Rev. 1:5). 
D. Therefore, a person reaches the death of Christ and has access to the benefits of His death and the shedding of His blood in baptism, thus, contacting His blood (Rom. 6:3). 
E. It is for the purpose of being saved: “He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned” (Mark 16:16). “The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:” (1 Pet. 3:21). Man teaches salvation before baptism!
1. Denominations teach that sins are forgiven by the “sinner’s prayer” or at the point of faith alone.
2. This is false doctrine—James 2:17-24; Acts 9:11, 17-18; Acts 22:16.
F. New Testament baptism (the “one baptism”) is for the purpose of being added by the Lord to the church (Acts 2:38, 41, 47). Therefore, one is baptized into the one body of Christ by the one baptism: “For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit” (1 Cor. 12:13).
1. Denominations teach that you “join the church” (of your choice), or that man adds you to the church.
2. Man teaches that church membership is of men. This is false—Mat. 15:9, 13, 14; 16:18!
G. Therefore, one enters into the kingdom of God, the church of Christ, by being born again of water and the Spirit (John 3:3, 5). “Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God” (John 3:5). 
H. It is for the purpose of regenerating and making man a new person (Jn. 3:3, 5; Tit. 3:5; 2 Cor. 5:17). 
I. New Testament baptism (“one baptism”) is for the purpose of putting one into Christ—Rom. 6:3; Gal. 3:27). 
J. In the “one baptism,” a person puts “on Christ” (Gal. 3:27). Can you be saved outside of Christ (Eph.1:7)?
III. Other Distinguishing Characteristics of the “One Baptism” (Baptism in Water for Salvation). 
A. New Testament baptism is preceded by the preaching of the word of God—Mk. 16:15-16; Acts 18:8. Acts 16:13-15 (God opened Lydia’s heart with the preaching of the gospel—Rom. 10:17; 1:16).
B. The “one baptism” is based upon the word of God, “the sword of the Spirit” (Eph. 6:17; Acts 8:37; Heb. 4:12), but men teach the direct operation of the Holy Spirit, apart from the word of God. This is False!
C. The “one baptism” is preceded by Hearing (Rom. 10:17); Believing (Mk. 16:16); Repentance (Acts 2:38); and Confess of Jesus Christ & Be Baptized (Acts 8:37), but Denominations deny this truth!
D. According to men, one can be saved and baptized at a later date, but the New Testament teaches that one is saved in baptism, and it is to be done immediately (Acts 16:25, 29-34; 22:16; 8:32-39)!
E. The “One Baptism” is according to the word of God. Denominational baptism is not—Rev.22:18-19.
Conclusion. One’s baptism is only as good as the teaching that precedes it. Have you been baptized according to the doctrines of men, or the doctrine of Christ—2 Jn. 9? It is a matter of eternal consequence—1 Jn. 2:17!
   Danny Douglas

According to Mark 16:16 and 1 Peter 3:21 we know that baptism saves. 
According to Acts 2:38 we learn that baptism gives remission of sins and the gift of the Holy Spirit. 
According to Romans 6:3-4 and Gal.3:27 we know that baptism puts us into Christ.
According to Acts 22:16 we know that baptism washes sins away.
According to Acts 8:38 we know that baptism requires going down in the water.
According to Acts 2:47 we know that baptism gives entrance into the church which is the body of Christ, Col.1:18

The question therefore is... Are you baptized into Christ for remission of your sins?
If not - Why not?

HEAR + BELIEVE + REPENT + CONFESSION OF FAITH + BAPTISM = SALVATION then FAITHFUL LIVING

. . . . . . . . Saved By Grace through Faith
Eph 2:8  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 
Eph 2:9  Not of works, lest any man should boast. 
Eph 2:10  For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. 
Someone says “we are saved by grace alone”. No! For by grace are ye saved through faith; both grace and faith are right there in the same verse working together. They will also quickly add “Not of works”. That’s not right either. The scripture continues “and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God”. God is still speaking of grace and how it does not originate with us. God gives us HIS grace. Grace is not earned it is the free gift, the unmerited favor that we hear so much about. Now we can add the “not of works”. And they will say, “see, you can’t add works to grace”. Really? Where can I read about that? Where is the scripture reference which says we can’t “DO” our part in following GOD’S instructions? Next we continue “Not of works, lest any man should boast”, not of boastful works to be sure. But verse 10 says “For we are HIS workmanship”. That is the reason man cannot boast. We are HIS creation. Salvation cannot be found within ourselves. We are HIS workmanship. GOD’S workmanship is what we are. We are “created in Christ Jesus unto good works” verse 10. GOD’S grace through our faith moves us to do “good works” (faith without works is dead Jas 4:17). Then, here is the part that THEY want to ignore, “which GOD hath before ordained that we should walk in them”. In them what? In “Good Works”! That is how grace, faith, and works fit together. We are not adding works to grace. GOD has already done that; He grants us HIS grace when we have enough faith to “DO” the works that GOD hath before ordained that we should “DO”. What is a work anyway? Someone says it is anything that we “DO”. OK, Jesus said this about what we “DO”:
Mat 7:24  Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: 
GRACE, FAITH, and WORKS operating together; GOD’s grace and man’s choice to follow; are GOD’S terms of salvation; Hear, Believe, Repent, Confess, and be Baptized (Mar 16:16);
That is the way God chose to save man from his sins.
 2Pe 1:19  And so we have the prophetic word confirmed, whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place

Someone wrote the following and said..."Some roads you need to take alone. No friends, no family, no partner. Just you and God."

Well... excuse me dear writer ... Please let me tell you this "truth" with all the love from my heart... Unless you are buried with Jesus Christ and raised to walk in newness of life with Him - you and God IS NOT going anywhere!  You are alone ALL BY YOURSELF and that is oh, so dangerous!  Only those of us who have obeyed the gospel of Jesus Christ and are washed, purged, cleansed, sanctified, purified, and are ADDED to the church (the body of Christ) have the privilege to walk with God!   Can you hear me now?  I said, out of the ma y millions of people who are in the world, only those of us who have TURNED from our sinful lifestyles, ungodly ways of living, disobedience to the Word of God, and have SUBMITTED to God's righteousness, and OBEYED the gospel of Jesus Christ, have the right to walk with God and have fellowship with God! The Apostle John wrote in John 1:12-13... "But to all who did accept him and believe in him he gave the right to become children of God. They did not become his children in any human way—by any human parents or human desire. They were born of God."

We read also in Romans 6:3-6 "Do you not know that AS MANY OF US AS WERE BAPTIZED INTO CHRIST JESUS WERE BAPTIZED INTO HIS DEATH? THEREFORE WE WERE BURIED WITH HIM THROUGH BAPTISM INTO DEATH, THAT JUST AS CHRIST WAS RAISED FROM THE DEAD BY THE GLORY OF THE FATHER, EVEN SO WE ALSO SHOULD WALK IN NEWNESS OF LIFE. For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection, knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin."

And Galatians 3:27 told us this... "For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have PUT ON CHRIST."  Therefore, if you haven't been buried (baptized) into Christ and raised up to walk in newness of life with Him  -  There is NO WAY you can or will walk with God nor with Christ.

It is therefore my desire to teach you the requirements of Jesus Christ and to help you to obey the gospel so that you too can rise to walk in newness of life with Jesus Christ, and by so... you will walk with God and have fellowship with God IN Christ Jesus.
You must realize that you are in a lost and separated state because sin separates man from God, Isaiah.59:2, Rom.3:23. For you to get out of such state...

You must Hear the Gospel of Christ, Acts 15:7, Romans 10:17.
You must Believe the Gospel of Christ, Mark 16:15-16, Hebrews 11:6.
You must Repent of your sins, Luke 13:3-5, Acts 17:30.
You must Confess your faith in Christ, Acts 8:37, Rom.10:9-10
You must be Baptized in water to remit your sins, Acts 2:38, Acts 22:16, 1 Peter 3:21.
When you do these things, the Lord will ADD you to the church, Acts 2:47
Then you must remain Faithful unto death, 2 Peter 1:5-11, Revelation 2:10

This is the truth in love.

• RETIREDFAN1 changed the title to God's Plan of Salvation