God's Plan of Salvation

RETIREDFAN1

THE NEW TESTAMENT PLAN OF SALVATION (anything else is in vain)
HEAR:
[Romans 10:16-17 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? [17] SO THEN FAITH COMETH BY HEARING, AND HEARING BY THE WORD OF GOD.
BELIEVE
[John 8:23-24 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. [24] I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for IF YE BELIEVE NOT THAT I AM HE, YE SHALL DIE IN YOUR SINS.
REPENT
[Luke 13:3-5 I tell you, Nay: but, EXCEPT YE REPENT, YE SHALL ALL LIKEWISE PERISH. [4] Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem? [5] I tell you, Nay: but, EXCEPT YE REPENT, YE SHALL ALL LIKEWISE PERISH.
CONFESS JESUS AS LORD
[Matthew 10:32-33  WHOSOEVER THEREFORE SHALL CONFESS ME BEFORE MEN, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. [33] But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
BE BAPTIZED FOR THE REMISSION OF SINS
[Acts 2:37-38 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? [38] Then Peter said unto them, REPENT, AND BE BAPTIZED EVERY ONE OF YOU IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST FOR THE REMISSION OF SINS, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
REMAIN FAITHFUL
[Revelation 3:4-5 Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy. [5] HE THAT OVERCOMETH, THE SAME SHALL BE CLOTHED IN WHITE RAIMENT; AND I WILL NOT BLOT OUT HIS NAME OUT OF THE BOOK OF LIFE, BUT I WILL CONFESS HIS NAME BEFORE MY FATHER, AND BEFORE HIS ANGELS.
OVERCOME TEMPTATION
[James 1:12 BLESSED IS THE MAN THAT ENDURETH TEMPTATION: FOR WHEN HE IS TRIED, HE SHALL RECEIVE THE CROWN OF LIFE, WHICH THE LORD HATH PROMISED TO THEM THAT LOVE HIM.

FAITH AND BAPTISM
Here is just a thought: Baptism is but the loving expression of our faith in God. Jesus said that the greatest command is, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.” (Mark 12:30 cf. Matthew 22:37) Why wouldn’t we do exactly what the Lord says to do, the way he says to do it and for the reasons he gives? If we really love God we will do anything for him that he tells us to do and we will do what he says the way he says for the reasons he says! We will believe. We will repent of our sins. We will confess his name. And, we will be baptized into Christ for the forgiveness of sins. Why? Because that is precisely what he wants. If we do anything less, then we don’t love God.

FIRST SEEK THE KINGDOM OF GOD & RIGHTEOUSNESS 

Jesus' Sermon on the Mount, He had just finished a discourse concerning the problem of worldly cares. He said, “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you” (Matthew 6:33). The very problem to which our Lord directed this statement is still very prevalent today.

People are so often wrapped up in stockpiling worldly goods that they forget that God is the giver of all good things (James 1:17). And while people are gathering these things, they have neglected the most important possession of all - the soul. What a pity to gain all of the world and lose the soul (Matthew 16:26).

Brethren, I believe with all of my heart that we can convert lost souls to Christ and keep souls saved, but it will only be done when we (you and me) remember the most valuable thing of all - the souls of men. We need to hold fast to the great prize set before us (Philippians 3:14) and work hand in hand at saving the lost. Only then will we, indeed, be seeking the best things first!

"Romans 11:22 is a passage that makes us realize that one must have a balanced approach to God's nature. The passage stresses the goodness and severity of God. One cannot be excluded from the other. God's nature contains both."

https://www.taylorsvillerdchurchofchrist.com/listen-now/sermons/2023/02/05/behold-the-goodness-and-the-severity-of-god

FB_IMG_1718935463551.jpg

Outcome of Your Faith

Ac 2:37-41Now when they heard this, they were pierced to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, "Brethren, what shall we do?" Peter said to them, "Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. "For the promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off, as many as the Lord our God will call to Himself."And with many other words he solemnly testified and kept on exhorting them, saying, "Be saved from this perverse generation!" So then, those who had received his word were baptized; and that day there were added about three thousand souls. (NAS95)     This is the beginning point for a new Christian. Peter introduced the Path of Salvation as offered by the Lord to all who were will to accept His offer.

As we examine the content of 1 Pet. 1:3-9 we see that Peter shows us how to obtain salvation, how God provides help, guidance and assistance along the "walk from earth to heaven".
Peter begins by giving thanks to God, thankful for His great mercy, which caused us to be born again [John 3:1-15] through faith in Jesus Christ, even though we have not seen Him, we believe in Him [John 20:29]as the son of God, lived, died and was raised by the power of God the Father. 

He has begotten us into a lively hope, a hope that proceeds from a lively faith. Hope is a complex emotion made up of an earnest desire and expectation of obtaining an objection. Hope keeps us alive and invigorates us to action, helps us to be patient as trials come and preserves us until the end.

As we set our affections on the heavenly goal [Col. 3:2] the inheritance that is reserved in heaven, untouchable by human hands, that will not perish, rust or be stolen [Matt. 6:20] because it is protected by the power of God, and held in reserve for the adopted children of God, joint heirs with Christ [Rom 8:17].
Peter continues to encourage us to use our lively faith to stay focused goal of heaven especially during periods of trials and distress proving our faith will sustain and strengthen us which will result in praise, glory and honor to the God of heaven. The exercise of the lively faith which produces a lively hope, the joy inexpressible and full of glory—this is the outcome of your lively faith—the eternal salvation of your soul.

Follow my blog on medium.com@louiscook_98434

Have you been wanting to prove the purpose of water baptism to those who reject it? These two verses combined together prove baptism is when (1) the believer is made alive together with Jesus, (2) the believer is saved by grace, and (3) the believer is forgiven all their trespasses.

FB_IMG_1719345216708.jpg

THE NEW TESTAMENT PLAN OF SALVATION (anything else is in vain)
HEAR:
[Romans 10:16-17 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? [17] SO THEN FAITH COMETH BY HEARING, AND HEARING BY THE WORD OF GOD.
BELIEVE
[John 8:23-24 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. [24] I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for IF YE BELIEVE NOT THAT I AM HE, YE SHALL DIE IN YOUR SINS.
REPENT
[Luke 13:3-5 I tell you, Nay: but, EXCEPT YE REPENT, YE SHALL ALL LIKEWISE PERISH. [4] Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem? [5] I tell you, Nay: but, EXCEPT YE REPENT, YE SHALL ALL LIKEWISE PERISH.
CONFESS JESUS AS LORD
[Matthew 10:32-33  WHOSOEVER THEREFORE SHALL CONFESS ME BEFORE MEN, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. [33] But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
BE BAPTIZED FOR THE REMISSION OF SINS
[Acts 2:37-38 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? [38] Then Peter said unto them, REPENT, AND BE BAPTIZED EVERY ONE OF YOU IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST FOR THE REMISSION OF SINS, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
REMAIN FAITHFUL
[Revelation 3:4-5 Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy. [5] HE THAT OVERCOMETH, THE SAME SHALL BE CLOTHED IN WHITE RAIMENT; AND I WILL NOT BLOT OUT HIS NAME OUT OF THE BOOK OF LIFE, BUT I WILL CONFESS HIS NAME BEFORE MY FATHER, AND BEFORE HIS ANGELS.
OVERCOME TEMPTATION
[James 1:12 BLESSED IS THE MAN THAT ENDURETH TEMPTATION: FOR WHEN HE IS TRIED, HE SHALL RECEIVE THE CROWN OF LIFE, WHICH THE LORD HATH PROMISED TO THEM THAT LOVE HIM.
TO GOD BE THE GLORY!    M.S.          SEE tps://truthfortheworld.org/

FB_IMG_1719354892327.jpg

FROM 2019
FOR ANY THAT BELIEVE THAT SALVATION IS POSSIBLE BEFORE IMMERSION (BAPTISM), I pray that the word of the Lord would dwell in you richly and open your eyes to His whole Truth, not the twisted wordplay of false doctrine. 

John 3:3-7 Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, UNLESS ONE IS BORN AGAIN, HE CANNOT SEE THE KINGDOM OF GOD." [4] Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?" [5] Jesus answered, "MOST ASSUREDLY, I SAY TO YOU, UNLESS ONE IS BORN OF WATER AND THE SPIRIT, HE CANNOT ENTER THE KINGDOM OF GOD. [6] "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. [7] "Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.' 

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said to them, "REPENT, AND LET EVERY ONE OF YOU BE BAPTIZED IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST FOR THE REMISSION OF SINS; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 22:16 'AND NOW WHY ARE YOU WAITING? ARISE AND BE BAPTIZED, AND WASH AWAY YOUR SINS, CALLING ON THE NAME OF THE LORD.'

Romans 6:3-4 OR DO YOU NOT KNOW THAT AS MANY OF US AS WERE BAPTIZED INTO CHRIST JESUS WERE BAPTIZED INTO HIS DEATH? [4] THEREFORE WE WERE BURIED WITH HIM THROUGH BAPTISM INTO DEATH, THAT JUST AS CHRIST WAS RAISED FROM THE DEAD BY THE GLORY OF THE FATHER, EVEN SO WE ALSO SHOULD WALK IN NEWNESS OF LIFE.

Galatians 3:27 FOR AS MANY OF YOU AS WERE BAPTIZED INTO CHRIST HAVE PUT ON CHRIST.

Colossians 2:12 BURIED WITH HIM IN BAPTISM, IN WHICH YOU ALSO WERE RAISED WITH HIM THROUGH FAITH IN THE WORKING OF GOD, WHO RAISED HIM FROM THE DEAD.

1 Peter 3:20-21 who formerly were disobedient, when once the Divine longsuffering waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, EIGHT SOULS, WERE SAVED THROUGH WATER. [21] THERE IS ALSO AN ANTITYPE WHICH NOW SAVES US--BAPTISM (NOT THE REMOVAL OF THE FILTH OF THE FLESH, BUT THE ANSWER OF A GOOD CONSCIENCE TOWARD GOD), THROUGH THE RESURRECTION OF JESUS CHRIST, 

[The right mode and reason are also essential; The word "baptism" has been altered from it's original meaning by the traditions of men. "Baptized" comes from the Greek word "baptizo" meaning to immerse/make fully wet. This is the biblical mode of baptism!] - - - M.S.        

I was asked how to prove water baptism is under consideration in Acts 2:38. When viewing it in light of Acts 10:47-48, it’s very clear that baptism in the name of the Lord is water baptism.

FB_IMG_1719358212291.jpg

Do you know that Jesus of Nazareth is the sinner’s best friend…
Jesus of Nazareth said, as it is written in Matthew 9:12-13, “But when Jesus heard this, He said, "It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick. But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire compassion , and not sacrifice ,' for I did not come to call the righteous,, but sinners."

Did Jesus of Nazareth say, he desires compassion not a sacrifice?

Yes or No?

Did Jesus also say, He came to call the sinners to repentance?

Yes or No?

Jesus of Nazareth said this to religious leaders, as it is written Matthew 23:23-14, “Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone. Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.”

Did Jesus say, treating people with right judgement, mercy and faith, was more important that giving money?

Yes or No?

Jesus of Nazareth said these words as it is written, John 3:3-5, “Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.”

Did Jesus of Nazareth say you cannot enter into the kingdom of God, unless you have been born again of water and the Spirit?

Yes or No?

Jesus of Nazareth said these words as it is written, Mark 16:15-16, “And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.”

Did Jesus of Nazareth say, he that believes and is baptized will be saved?

Yes or No?

Do you want to be saved and go to heaven?

Yes or No?

What do you think is Jesus of Nazareth’s will for you to do today?

Jesus of Nazareth said these words as it is written, John 8:31-32, “Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”

Jesus of Nazareth said these words as it is written, Mat 11:28-30, “Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls . For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

Did Jesus of Nazareth say, if you take His yoke and learn from Him, then you find rest for your souls?

Yes or No?

Did Jesus of Nazareth say, His yoke is easy and His burden light?

Yes or No?

Do you want rest for your souls and a light and easy yoke in this life?

Yes or No?

Jesus of Nazareth said these words as it is written, John 6:35, “Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me will not hunger, and he who believes in Me will never thirst.”

Did Jesus of Nazareth say if you come to Him, you will never hunger or thirst?

Yes or No?

Jesus of Nazareth said these words as it is written, Mat 6:30-34, “But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you? You of little faith! Do not worry then, saying, ‘What will we eat?' or ‘What will we drink?' or ‘What will we wear for clothing?' For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. "So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Did Jesus say we have to seek first His kingdom and righteousness to have all these things added to you?

Yes or No?

Jesus of Nazareth said these words as it is written, Matthew 5:6, “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.”

Act 22:8, "And I answered, Who art thou, Lord? And he said unto me, I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom you persecute."