Perp shot dead after he points weapon at Police K9…

Wild74

Don't get me wrong, the guy did not follow instructions and pulled a gun. 

My questions seem a little odd....

Did he point the gun at the human officers? or Did he point the gun at the K9 only? 

The article, which is sensationalizing the story, makes it seem they were shooting the criminal because he was pointing a gun at a dog. If that were the case, then I don't think it is a "rightful" shooting. But if video shows that the officers, the humans, were being pointed at also, then it would be a rightful shooting. 

While I like many different kinds of animals, especially deer, elk, and other edibles, an animal is not on the same level as a human when it comes to sensationalized journalism like this. 

31 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

Did he point the gun at the human officers? or Did he point the gun at the K9 only? 

The article, which is sensationalizing the story, makes it seem they were shooting the criminal because he was pointing a gun at a dog. If that were the case, then I don't think it is a "rightful" shooting. But if video shows that the officers, the humans, were being pointed at also, then it would be a rightful shooting. 

While I like many different kinds of animals, especially deer, elk, and other edibles, an animal is not on the same level as a human when it comes to sensationalized journalism like this. 

Looks like to be he was fixing to take a police officer out according to this pictureMay be an image of 3 people

6 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Don't point your gun at my dog, or we would have problems, too. But, I also enjoyed the comments below that were truly the best of America. 

I am hoping that lightning doesn't strike me, but you were right, the comments were about as Right Wing Nut Job as they could get. But look at it this way Barry, you just got another voter for your side. :rofl:

"Outrageous, he was fine upstanding Democrat, voted multiple times every election. At least his votes will continue to be counted for years to come."

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

Looks like to be he was fixing to take a police officer out according to this pictureMay be an image of 3 people

From this picture, he should have been pointing the gun at the dog, because it looks like he was about to lose his nads. 

BTW--I wonder how many rounds they put in him at that close a range? 

36 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

Like it or not by law Police K9 are sworn officers just like the handler 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DannyZuco said:

Justifiable either way.....you pull a gun on a cop (and k9 are cops) you should be shot.......

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

It doesn't matter if he pointed it at the K-9 or not while the penalty isn't as high as pointing at an officer or shooting one it is still a felony.  In Arizona and Texas they are considered property.  From what I saw in the video he pointed his gun at the officers first, then quickly pointed it at the dog.  It's a good thing the cops arrived to shoot him first to save the service dog.  I think that police K-9's should be treated as officers in regards to penalties against criminals.  They have no fear, and will go after criminals even if they are shot at unlike the Uvalde Police.  I also think they should receive a retirement check to feed them and for medical treatment after they retire.  I know that in Texas that their handler can adopt them.  What Happens If You Shoot a Police Dog? (State Penalties) (doggysaurus.com)

7 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

From this picture, he should have been pointing the gun at the dog, because it looks like he was about to lose his nads. 

BTW--I wonder how many rounds they put in him at that close a range? 

If you watch the video, you will see him point it first at the cops then the dog, and then briefly at the cops again, and then he's down for the count.  

10 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

It doesn't matter if he pointed it at the K-9 or not while the penalty isn't as high as pointing at an officer or shooting one it is still a felony.  In Arizona and Texas they are considered property.  From what I saw in the video he pointed his gun at the officers first, then quickly pointed it at the dog.  It's a good thing the cops arrived to shoot him first to save the service dog.  I think that police K-9's should be treated as officers in regards to penalties against criminals.  They have no fear, and will go after criminals even if they are shot at unlike the Uvalde Police.  I also think they should receive a retirement check to feed them and for medical treatment after they retire.  I know that in Texas that their handler can adopt them.  What Happens If You Shoot a Police Dog? (State Penalties) (doggysaurus.com)

I am sorry, I just don't believe taking a human life over a dog is necessary. But since other pictures show him pointing at the officers, then he got what was coming to him. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

I am sorry, I just don't believe taking a human life over a dog is necessary. But since other pictures show him pointing at the officers, then he got what was coming to him. 

What's the difference in your atheist mind ? There shouldn't be any.  I would say that you fail to understand dogs.  Other than a horse, a dog shows more human emotion than any other animal given to man by God.  

10 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

What's the difference in your atheist mind ? There shouldn't be any.  I would say that you fail to understand dogs.  Other than a horse, a dog shows more human emotion than any other animal given to man by God.  

Who ever said I was atheist? Are you pulling stuff out of the sky, like your look alike, Joe Biden? :rofl:

• LOL! 1

Just now, DaveTV1 said:

I thought that you stated it at one time.  

I have never said I was an atheist? I have been called almost everything in the book, but you are the first to call me an atheist. I just have to remember to tell myself when people start calling me names--I have been called worse by better......:rofl: