Week 5 Discussion thread

Coach Rab

1 hour ago, JustAFan11 said:

I really like the Miss St Qb. 

Durkin better have some very good blitz packages hidden away because if he lets Rogers have time to throw he will eat you alive like most leach QBs. 

I think this could be one of those games where Miss st throws for 400 yards but only gets 1 td and 3-4 FGs out of it and A&M finds a way to win an ugly game 23-19 or something similar. 

29 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Im not. With the way A&M plays offense I don’t think many will pick them in a single game moving forward. 

I’m just not sold on Mississippi State. The only ‘good’ team they’ve played is LSU (who isn’t that good themselves), and they lost to them. 

8 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

I’m just not sold on Mississippi State. The only ‘good’ team they’ve played is LSU (who isn’t that good themselves), and they lost to them. 

Oh they are very beatable. No doubt about that. I honestly think if this were a neutral site game or a home game A&M would likely be the favorite. I still think A&M wins even as the underdog. 

7 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Sounds reasonable. They're the exact same teams and everything. 

Of course this could be the year they lose to all the Alabama teams, I'd have to go home and check what year it is. I mean we can expect at least 4 losses per year at A&M with Jimbo. 

21 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

Of course this could be the year they lose to all the Alabama teams, I'd have to go home and check what year it is. I mean we can expect at least 4 losses per year at A&M with Jimbo. 

Jimbo has a top 5 finish at A&M… 

14 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Jimbo has a top 5 finish at A&M… 

Wasn't that during the "Covid Year"? And they did have a good year that year. 

But:

2018=9-4

2019=8-5

2020=9-1

2021=8-4

2022=3-1 so far, could have been 2-2 if a kicker could kick.....:rofl:

Like I said, Jimbo is good for 4 losses a year. 

Just now, DannyZuco said:

Wasn't that during the "Covid Year"? And they did have a good year that year. 

But:

2018=9-4

2019=8-5

2020=9-1

2021=8-4

2022=3-1 so far, could have been 2-2 if a kicker could kick.....:rofl:

Like I said, Jimbo is good for 4 losses a year. 

Jimbo is good for 4 losses a year, except the years that he’s not. They also are 3-1, except for that one game where a kick was missed with 1.30 left on the clock, other than that they are 2-2. 

Im getting really sick of seeing how Arkansas lost that game… A&M had 2 TOs and 1:30 minutes to get into fg range. Let’s stop pretending that was some kind of impossible task please. 

Just now, WETSU said:

Jimbo is good for 4 losses a year, except the years that he’s not. They also are 3-1, except for that one game where a kick was missed with 1.30 left on the clock, other than that they are 2-2. 

Im getting really sick of seeing how Arkansas lost that game… A&M had 2 TOs and 1:30 minutes to get into fg range. Let’s stop pretending that was some kind of impossible task please. 

Jimbo has had 1, 1 year of less than 4 losses--and the University of Texas A&M paid him more money than they should have, because he hasn't produced. Except to get a great recruiting class, through people spending money on 18 year old kids. 

Yes, A&M beat Arkansas, but it wasn't because they went out and destroyed them, but because some 18 year old missed a FG--which happens. But to say that he is worth the money, well, I guess for an aggie, he is worth the money. 

At the end of this football season we will see if he is better than his 4 losses a year at Texas A&M. 

47 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I do believe Arkansas lost the game more than A&M won it. 

Yes, the missed FG was obviously a big part. Yes, A&M would’ve had 90 secs to go down the field, but let’s not act like they’d been going up and down the field all night either. 
However, I don’t believe the missed FG is where Arkansas lost it. I believe they lost it when the QB decided to try and leap into the end zone from the 3 yard line, on 1st and goal. At that point, Arkansas’s offense was having their way with A&M’s defense. That play not only allowed A&M back in the game on the scoreboard, it also let them take control of the momentum. 
That play turned the game. 

18 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

Jimbo has had 1, 1 year of less than 4 losses--and the University of Texas A&M paid him more money than they should have, because he hasn't produced. Except to get a great recruiting class, through people spending money on 18 year old kids. 

Yes, A&M beat Arkansas, but it wasn't because they went out and destroyed them, but because some 18 year old missed a FG--which happens. But to say that he is worth the money, well, I guess for an aggie, he is worth the money. 

At the end of this football season we will see if he is better than his 4 losses a year at Texas A&M. 

I’ve never seen a team drive down field with 2 TOs and 1:30 and get in fg range. You’re right.  That’s an impossible never before done thing, We should count that as a loss for sure. 

Okay Jimbo you have 2 losses left. Unless you’re not going to lose 4, which you’ve done as well. 

17 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Yes, the missed FG was obviously a big part. Yes, A&M would’ve had 90 secs to go down the field, but let’s not act like they’d been going up and down the field all night either. 
However, I don’t believe the missed FG is where Arkansas lost it. I believe they lost it when the QB decided to try and leap into the end zone from the 3 yard line, on 1st and goal. At that point, Arkansas’s offense was having their way with A&M’s defense. That play not only allowed A&M back in the game on the scoreboard, it also let them take control of the momentum. 

Arkansas came out really hot in the first quarter. Then we’re almost completely shut down for 2.5 quarters. We can just glance over that and act like A&M had nothing to do with that if you guys want that’s fine. But I just disagree that you can ever say a team that was shut out for 2.5 quarters lost a game more than the other team won it. I mean for 2.5 quarters A&M outscored Arkansas 23-0. Why do you guys think that doesn’t matter? 

You guys act like whoever scores first wins the games unless they lose them. I know it’s been a long time since Texas played a good second half, but winning the middle two quarters makes just as big of impact on a game as winning the first and last quarter. The game is 60 minutes for a reason. 

27 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

I also think momentum changing plays are part of the game. Why is it that nobody is pointing out the reason Arkansas was up 14-0 initially was because of a lazy effort on a deep blown coverage resulting in a punt. That one play was A&M losing not Arkansas winning. Yet credit was given to Arkansas. 

A&M won it ugly, but the truth is they won. Arkansas had more than enough chances to blow this open and didn’t. That fumble be damned. They had chances and didn’t get it done. Period. Wins are wins and losses are losses. Good teams find ways to win games they are outplayed in the box score. A&M, despite how ugly and how much y’all want to make fun of the app st loss, is a good team. 

16 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I also think momentum changing plays are part of the game. Why is it that nobody is pointing out the reason Arkansas was up 14-0 initially was because of a lazy effort on a deep blown coverage resulting in a punt. That one play was A&M losing not Arkansas winning. Yet credit was given to Arkansas. 

A&M won it ugly, but the truth is they won. Arkansas had more than enough chances to blow this open and didn’t. That fumble be damned. They had chances and didn’t get it done. Period. Wins are wins and losses are losses. Good teams find ways to win games they are outplayed in the box score. A&M, despite how ugly and how much y’all want to make fun of the app st loss, is a good team. 

First, this game, nor my assessment of it, had nothing to do with Texas. I’m not sure why we can never have a discussion without you bringing up Texas.

Secondly, I agree a win is a win regardless how you get it, and if you believe that as well, then why take such offense to how you got it? As I said, I believe that play won the game for A&M. I believe if Arkansas scores there, the rest of the game plays out differently than it did. That play changed the game. 

28 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

First, this game, nor my assessment of it, had nothing to do with Texas. I’m not sure why we can never have a discussion without you bringing up Texas.

Secondly, I agree a win is a win regardless how you get it, and if you believe that as well, then why take such offense to how you got it? As I said, I believe that play won the game for A&M. I believe if Arkansas scores there, the rest of the game plays out differently than it did. That play changed the game. 

I bring up Texas as a comparison relevant to the conversation. Texas fans are commenting on this. I’m more than capable of talking just A&M, just bring that same energy when I’m talking about Texas shortcomings and you want to deflect back to A&M. 

As for the game you’re right that one play did change the game some. But you need to acknowledge what I said before to fully appreciate my stance. That game was one play away from being 14-7 the drive before and the fumble wouldnt have seemed like such a huge momentum swing. But there are a dozen plays in any given game that change momentum either way and you know that. Arkansas had nearly 2.5 quarters to change the momentum back and couldn’t. To me that tells me A&M controlled this game just as much as Arkansas did. Fast starts are cool but so are wins. 

Edited by WETSU