Week 5 Discussion thread

Coach Rab

4 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I bring up Texas as a comparison relevant to the conversation. Texas fans are commenting on this. I’m more than capable of talking just A&M, just bring that same energy when I’m talking about Texas shortcomings and you want to deflect back to A&M. 

As for the game you’re right that one play did change the game some. But you need to acknowledge what I said before to fully appreciate my stance. That game was one play away from being 14-7 the drive before and the fumble wouldnt have seemed like such a huge momentum swing. But there are a dozen plays in any given game that change momentum either way and you know that. Arkansas had nearly 2.5 quarters to change the momentum back and couldn’t. To me that tells me A&M controlled this game just as much as Arkansas did. Fast starts are cool but so are wins. 

You’re still not listening to what I’m saying. You’re still using events throughout the rest of the game toward your stance. I’m saying that I believe that 1 play changes everything in the game from that point on, making everything that did happen moot. If Arkansas scores there, I believe they go on to control the rest of the game. 

Just now, Lobo97 said:

You’re still not listening to what I’m saying. You’re still using events throughout the rest of the game toward your stance. I’m saying that I believe that 1 play changes everything in the game from that point on, making everything that did happen moot. If Arkansas scores there, I believe they go on to control the rest of the game. 

and you’re not listening to me. I’m saying that why do you get to pick which play has the most impact. A&M missed a FG in this game as well that would have made the Arkansas fg miss irrelevant. A&M missed a wide open TD throw the series before the Fumble that contributed to Arkansas having so much momentum early. No mention of how that effected momentum of the game. 

What I’m saying is there is NEVER just one play.  Momentum swings happen. You’re saying that Arkansas fumble was a huge momentum swing. And it was. But the momentum was only so one sided because of A&M unforced errors prior. The entire game absolutely does not swing on just one play. 

1 minute ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

I wish he'd hit it so theyd stop interrupting football for that crap ......

If they had any brains they would just show us the replay after he hit it instead of interrupting the game. 

If people wanted to watch the Yankees game they would turn it on. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

If they had any brains they would just show us the replay after he hit it instead of interrupting the game. 

If people wanted to watch the Yankees game they would turn it on. 

Exactly only libnut New Yorkers and @DaveTV1give a crap about the Yankees......😂🤣