When YOUR State Needs Aid, It's 'Set Aside Politics' Time: DeSantis Needs 'Brandon'

BarryLaverty

32 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Somebody not oblivious might realize that it is just pointing out a double standard. Most won't refuse to vote for aid for others. DeSantis did that. You get it? 

Dims stand there with their hands out after not being prepared and not doing smart things to mitigate the damage and loss of life .... big difference, Larry ....

23 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Loaning back stolen money sounds like the mafia.....lol

Exactly.  What has the Government ever did for you after a hurricane ?  I've been through two so far since living here.  All I heard was help is on the way, and letters on how to apply for FEMA loans.  Even if they were interest free you still have to pay them back.  

2 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Somebody not oblivious might realize that it is just pointing out a double standard. Most won't refuse to vote for aid for others. DeSantis did that. You get it? 

Doesn't matter if he voted for it or not, because the bill passed.  He's only being a hypocrite personally for requesting funds for his State, but that's his job as the Governor of Florida.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

Exactly.  What has the Government ever did for you after a hurricane ?  I've been through two so far since living here.  All I heard was help is on the way, and letters on how to apply for FEMA loans.  Even if they were interest free you still have to pay them back.  

We broke out the tractors and power saws and cleared our roads ourselves.......

At the Democratic National Committee's Women's Leadership Forum last Friday, Harris said, "it is our lowest income communities and our communities of color that are most impacted by these extreme conditions and impacted by issues that are not of their own making."

"And so we have to address this in a way that is about giving resources based on equity, understanding that we fight for equality, but we also need to fight for equity, understanding not everyone starts out at the same place," Harris said. 

After the vice president's comments, a campaign adviser to Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis claimed the remarks caused "undue panic" in the state surrounding how aid would be distributed after Hurricane Ian.

"This is false," Christina Pushaw, rapid-response director for DeSantis's reelection campaign, tweeted. "@VP's rhetoric is causing undue panic and must be clarified. FEMA Individual Assistance is already available to all Floridians impacted by Hurricane Ian, regardless of race or background.

See the source image

Edited by Sportsfanatic1
  • Like 1

On 10/1/2022 at 6:37 PM, RETIREDFAN1 said:

We broke out the tractors and power saws and cleared our roads ourselves.......

Exactly.  People that think that the Government is actually helping the citizens are dead wrong on their assumption.  The money won't go to the people to repair their homes or boats except through loans.  I didn't even see much of a tax break for the damage done to my property.  People only perceive that the Government does things for the people.  Marlboro sent me a $50 Visa Card, and that was it.  I could have got some free cleaning supplies and food from Mattress Mac, but I declined when he told me to get in line.  I just shook his hand and thanked him for what he was doing for the people of Houston.  

The aid only goes to the States to spend as they see fit.  Unless you work for the election of an elected official, you're going to get a big bag of nothing.

12 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

Exactly.  People that think that the Government is actually helping the citizens are dead wrong on their assumption.  The money won't go to the people to repair their homes or boats except through loans.  I didn't even see much of a tax break for the damage done to my property.  People only perceive that the Government does things for the people.  Marlboro sent me a $50 Visa Card, and that was it.  I could have got some free cleaning supplies and food from Mattress Mac, but I declined when he told me to get in line.  I just shook his hand and thanked him for what he was doing for the people of Houston.  

The aid only goes to the States to spend as they see fit.  Unless you work for the election of an elected official, you're going to get a big bag of nothing.

Those govt funds roll out useless, almost unlivable trailers that they never have enough of.  I believe their best use is to help restore the grid.  Either way, it’s better than sending money to Ukraine

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ANTI said:

DeSantis is just like any other far right republican that you'll ever meet.

Hypocrite x1000

Kiddos to Biden. He didn't play politics with disaster relief like ol' Don The Con did. 🤣🤣

On 10/1/2022 at 3:35 PM, BarryLaverty said:

The Sandy aid package was for about $50 billion, about $17 billion was for aid the other $33 billion was a slush fund for pet projects.  That's not voting against aid, but it's a good way to make someone vote against extraneous spending and say they voted against aid.

The Federal Government has no right to determine if it will send money back to the people that gave it to them EXACTLY FOR THIS PURPOSE!  But it also should not use events like this to get unrelated projects passed.  It's using political games to tie up what should be a straight forward thing.

• Like 1