How to watch the Texas governor’s debate Friday

Monte1076

2 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Probably will just watch the highlights or read about it. Did think it was somewhat interesting that Abbott refused a live audience for it. 

It's weird to me that it's seemingly on an "over the air" thing, and not on the standard "local news" channels, or PBS or something.

While I understand where you are coming from Barry--All debates should be a moderator, and the 2 people in front of camera. Then they can't feed off the crowd, the crowd doesn't instigate things. 

And only they can control their actions, not get help from a biase crowd or member of the crowd. Let them debate the facts, not what the crowd thinks of the candidates. I wish they did that in every debate. JMO

• Like 1

I just finished the debate. I listened to 2 men lie through their teeth and this had to be the funniest thing ever. Must see tv  Beto got him on immigration bc of Greg "joe Biden's fault " Abbott. Then Beto went into straight politician mode during gun control. Abbott got that. Abortion, both were full of caca trying to please their voters. I was daydreaming from defund the police and beyond 

Also. Time limits were stupid

4 hours ago, ctown81 said:

I just finished the debate. I listened to 2 men lie through their teeth and this had to be the funniest thing ever. Must see tv  Beto got him on immigration bc of Greg "joe Biden's fault " Abbott. Then Beto went into straight politician mode during gun control. Abbott got that. Abortion, both were full of caca trying to please their voters. I was daydreaming from defund the police and beyond 

Also. Time limits were stupid

They never follow the time limits anyway. Although I think the moderators did a fairly good job of not letting them go too far over the time.

I don't think they changed anyone's mind, or scored any (additional) points last night.

4 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

They never follow the time limits anyway. Although I think the moderators did a fairly good job of not letting them go too far over the time.

I don't think they changed anyone's mind, or scored any (additional) points last night.

Thoughts on Abbott haven't change for me but they did for Beto. I knew he was full of it too but I didn't know it was to this level 

On 9/30/2022 at 12:58 PM, DannyZuco said:

Quick check, but you do know this isn't a text message, you can actually go to the 3 little dots at the top right hand corner of the post, click on them, go to edit, and change it that way........:rofl:

I’m an old timer that’s not real tech savvy, thanks for the info

• Like 1