Kilgore (4-2) (2-0) @ Lindale (4-2) (2-0)

GoodOleBoy73

Kilgore @ Lindale   

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

13 minutes ago, LetsGoEagles said:

Yep. We don’t need to lose anymore starters. We are on our RB2 and RB4 now with an RB6 getting playing time in blowouts.  Can’t afford anymore injuries. We are very thin at RB again this year. Have to stay healthy. So far, we’ve had 6 RB’s carry the ball this year through 6 games. Our RB group is a MASH unit right now. We’re doing everything we can to try and keep up. 

I have to disagree. Of course we don’t have a Jordan Jenkins but the Daniels brothers are looking really good. Of course it helps when we have a qb that has wheels too lol. I am very happy to see the passing game was much better last week. That has been our weak spot this year but last week looked a million times better

8 minutes ago, Bulldogs12 said:

Our RB room started off deep. We’ve lost 3 for the year that has started games this season. Can’t disagree with that!

True I don’t disagree with that but to still have 2 really good running backs is more than a lot of teams have. All I was saying is I don’t think we’re thin in that area 

46 minutes ago, LetsGoEagles said:

Yep. We don’t need to lose anymore starters. We are on our RB2 and RB4 now with an RB6 getting playing time in blowouts.  Can’t afford anymore injuries. We are very thin at RB again this year. Have to stay healthy. So far, we’ve had 6 RB’s carry the ball this year through 6 games. Our RB group is a MASH unit right now. We’re doing everything we can to try and keep up. 

RB6?????????

I might be RB6 for Carthage!

• LOL! 1

2 hours ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Should be GOTW in East Texas if not the entire state for 4A. Could be a really good battle in the trenches this week as both teams have really good O-Line and D-Line athletes. This is the definition of a toss up!

Nah

19 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

RB6?????????

I might be RB6 for Carthage!

Guys, please note, my RB numbers are just for injury purposes. It’s not a depth chart per se. Fact is, Lindale has used 6 RB’s this year. That position has been a MASH Unit so far. We’ve had some kids step up. No doubt. 

I see Lindale has broken into DCF rankings coming in at #10.

As far as trenches go, that will be telling for me. Kilgore defensive linemen are big, strong and fast. Their offensive line are the unsung heros in my mind. 

Cannot wait will be a great game!

24 minutes ago, HJR7 said:

I see Lindale has broken into DCF rankings coming in at #10.

As far as trenches go, that will be telling for me. Kilgore defensive linemen are big, strong and fast. Their offensive line are the unsung heros in my mind. 

Cannot wait will be a great game!

I haven't seen them since the Carthage game.  Have they changed personnel or are they just playing better and getting the schemes down on defense.  Do you think they have improved drastically since then?  I picked Kilgore to win, just need to know if my money is safe!  (Just kidding.  I do not gamble on sports, especially high school sports.  Please don't report me to the man. @RETIREDFAN1)

• LOL! 3

1 hour ago, JBizzle said:

I haven't seen them since the Carthage game.  Have they changed personnel or are they just playing better and getting the schemes down on defense.  Do you think they have improved drastically since then?  I picked Kilgore to win, just need to know if my money is safe!  (Just kidding.  I do not gamble on sports, especially high school sports.  Please don't report me to the man. @RETIREDFAN1)

Kilgore is night and day different from the Carthage game. Defensively they have been clicking and playing with a swagger. Offensively the passing game has improved which has helped the run game. But much more than that, the coaches have a big hand in reaching the kids. Their hustle game is unmatched, when the RB breaks loose, every guy including the QB is hustling to make blocks. They're playing real good team ball.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, JBizzle said:

I wasn't crazy about Kilgore's defensive scheme against Carthage with the secondary giving so much cushion, particularly to Hatten. But we did have several sophomores back there making their first start, so maybe the coaches were trying to keep everything in front of them. It's kinda pick your poison against Carthage's passing game anyway. 

We dug a pretty big hole early and our QB tried to force some passes to get us back in it. I know he was intercepted in Carthage's endzone on a deep ball and I think he may have thrown a pick six on our own end. Carthage's secondary is stupid good and you just can't throw up jump balls against them. Lesson learned.

I thought we played much better against Gilmer the next week, with the exception of defending Fluellen. I think that guy accounted for 28 of their 40 points with 3 highlight reel catches and a kickoff return. He good. 

Since then the secondary is playing much better, the O-line has gelled, the QB has started throwing dimes like he did last year and Ross at RB just refuses to be tackled. Lots of energy on the sideline... been fun to watch the last 4 weeks.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Aggie98 said:

I wasn't crazy about Kilgore's defensive scheme against Carthage with the secondary giving so much cushion, particularly to Hatten. But we did have several sophomores back there making their first start, so maybe the coaches were trying to keep everything in front of them. It's kinda pick your poison against Carthage's passing game anyway. 

We dug a pretty big hole early and our QB tried to force some passes to get us back in it. I know he was intercepted in Carthage's endzone on a deep ball and I think he may have thrown a pick six on our own end. Carthage's secondary is stupid good and you just can't throw up jump balls against them. Lesson learned.

I thought we played much better against Gilmer the next week, with the exception of defending Fluellen. I think that guy accounted for 28 of their 40 points with 3 highlight reel catches and a kickoff return. He good. 

Since then the secondary is playing much better, the O-line has gelled, the QB has started throwing dimes like he did last year and Ross at RB just refuses to be tackled. Lots of energy on the sideline... been fun to watch the last 4 weeks.

All I've heard about is how good Kilgore's Defensive Line is...so this morning I did a little digging and found some film and WOW. Those guys are really big and really good! This is going to be a big time test for Lindale's Offense.

• Like 1

All we’ve heard is how good our O-line is. One of the best in the state in 4A. Time to put up or shut up lindale. The district championship is potentially decided in an 8 day period. As of right now, Lindale controls their own destiny.  It it won’t be easy. Not at all. 

9 hours ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

All I've heard about is how good Kilgore's Defensive Line is...so this morning I did a little digging and found some film and WOW. Those guys are really big and really good! This is going to be a big time test for Lindale's Offense.

Our defensive line is the strength of our football team. DT #24 Peyton Christian is an OC's nightmare, so he understandably draws a lot of double and triple teams.... which has helped the other big DT #90 Harris put up a ridiculous number of sacks and TFL through 6 games. DE #33 Caruthers missed the first 2 or 3 games of the season due to injury, but he's 100% now and it shows. Depth is really good as they rotate 8 guys. Lindale will be the best offensive line they have gone against this season.