#8 Winnsboro (6-0) vs. #2 Mt Vernon (6-0) 10/7

chevyman

Winnsboro @ Mt. Vernon   

60 members have voted

1. 1. Battle of top 10s

This poll is closed to new votes

6 hours ago, gamewatcher63 said:

Bet I can get the MV crowd going….they’re gonna lose to Winny and Potts…and be 3rd in district

:woot::woot:….tru storie

Well, nothing is out of the question, but 2 years ago MV was 4th in the district and lost the state semi-final game to the eventual state champion by a fumble inside the 5 going in for the tying score, so....

9 minutes ago, MVFAN1 said:

Well, nothing is out of the question, but 2 years ago MV was 4th in the district and lost the state semi-final game to the eventual state champion by a fumble inside the 5 going in for the tying score, so....

That was the most favorable route

39 minutes ago, MVFAN1 said:

Yeah….2 years ago MV barely beat Minny 12-7 and Mally 37-34….either game could have gone the other way 

Guest Tiger03lb
8 hours ago, gamewatcher63 said:

Yeah….2 years ago MV barely beat Minny 12-7 and Mally 37-34….either game could have gone the other way 

Kinda was going the other way till we gave it up. 

On 10/1/2022 at 3:35 PM, Tiger03lb said:

Does Winny have a kicker?

He's not terrible for a 3A kicker, but I'd like to see more consistency.  I don't have the season stats, but it seems like he misses at least one PAT every game. I can't imagine coach Finney kicking a FG unless it's for the win as time expires. If that's the case...I hope it's a replay of the game winner from a couple of years ago.

6 hours ago, gamewatcher63 said:

Hope the game is a good one….I think MV tries to throw a bit more but will probably rely  on #0 and #1 to run for the most part…Winny is going to challenge the MV secondary more than any other team so far this year….good luck to both teams

I hope so. Load the box with 9 or 10 and see if they throw it.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, 1mangang said:

He's not terrible for a 3A kicker, but I'd like to see more consistency.  I don't have the season stats, but it seems like he misses at least one PAT every game. I can't imagine coach Finney kicking a FG unless it's for the win as time expires. If that's the case...I hope it's a replay of the game winner from a couple of years ago.

Last week against Commerce was probably his best game. I believe only 1 missed PAT out of 8 tds

37 minutes ago, chevyman said:

Winny 7th 30-20

Winny 8th 38-0

Winny JV grey 50-0

Winny JV red 48-8

Wow!!! Congrats to the sub varsity teams!! Everybody thinks I am crazy when I tell them Winny will be even better next year but I seriously think they will be!!! 

Edited by blesseddaily

Guest Tiger03lb
8 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

Wow!!! Congrats to the sub varsity teams!! Everybody thinks I am crazy when I tell them Winny will be even better next year but I seriously think they will be!!! 

Maybe Finny wasn't crazy for making the move to Winny after all these years. Good luck to Winny tomorrow.