#8 Winnsboro (6-0) vs. #2 Mt Vernon (6-0) 10/7

chevyman

Winnsboro @ Mt. Vernon   

60 members have voted

1. 1. Battle of top 10s

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, blesseddaily said:

Great job of completely changing the offensive approach to take advantage of the defensive weakness!! 

I’m not sure it was a weakness.  MV changed their defense to take away W’s passing game.  So Finney just kept running it because he had the positive numbers.

59 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

What a thug 

He is not a thug and you shouldn't say that. You don't even know him and you weren't there to see how the whole play transpired. I would never come on here and call one of your players a thug. He is a kid playing in an emotional rivalry game and you are, at least I assume you are, a grown man and you should act like it.  Be better.

Edited by sportsfan4life

Great game boys. Hats off to the Tigers. Not having Bennett was obviously huge before but tonight it exposed it even more playing against a good defense. Tigers defense played incredible and had a great scheme. We did what we had to do to though. Showed great mental toughness. Enjoy tonight. Doesn’t get any easier moving on. Back to work 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sportsfan4life said:

He is not a thug and you shouldn't say that. You don't even know him and you weren't there to see how the whole play transpired. I would never come on here and call one of your players a thug. He is a kid playing in an emotional rivalry game and you are, at least I assume you are, a grown man.snf you should act like it.  Be better.

Calm down ma’am. 

Crazy how this snap judgment stuff works huh?

• Like 1

Guest Tiger03lb
5 minutes ago, chevyman said:

Great game boys. Hats off to the Tigers. Not having Bennett was obviously huge before but tonight it exposed it even more playing against a good defense. Tigers defense played incredible and had a great scheme. We did what we had to do to though. Showed great mental toughness. Enjoy tonight. Doesn’t get any easier moving on. Back to work 

The defense was more of a surprise this game. I thought they did well wrapping up on McGill. I think that was the biggest difference. 

MV is gonna have to get some more options rather than feed McGill 50 times it seems like. It'll only get them so far. 

1 minute ago, Tiger03lb said:

The defense was more of a surprise this game. I thought they did well wrapping up on McGill. I think that was the biggest difference. 

MV is gonna have to get some more options rather than feed McGill 50 times it seems like. It'll only get them so far. 

Heck at least bring #1 out of the slot for a little reverse once or twice.  All 11 were spying on McGill.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

Great job of completely changing the offensive approach to take advantage of the defensive weakness!! Not many coaches would do that. The running game was the main weapon tonight and it worked perfectly!! 

I don’t think it was a weakness but I Finney did his thing with his feet and shredded them on the ground 

1 minute ago, TigerBlue09 said:

I don’t think it was a weakness but I Finney did his thing with his feet and shredded them on the ground 

It was the weakest part of their defense tonight...thus it was a weakness...exactly where they should have been attacked...and it worked.