#8 Winnsboro (6-0) vs. #2 Mt Vernon (6-0) 10/7

chevyman

Winnsboro @ Mt. Vernon   

60 members have voted

1. 1. Battle of top 10s

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, blesseddaily said:

It was the weakest part of their defense tonight...thus it was a weakness...exactly where they should have been attacked...and it worked.

Well if it was I’m still giving Finney props with what he did with the running game cus looking at his stats I figured y’all passed the ball 99% of the time

1 minute ago, blesseddaily said:

It was the weakest part of their defense tonight...thus it was a weakness...exactly where they should have been attacked...and it worked.

I guess it’s all perspective.  If MV plays straight up Finney doesn’t run 1/4 of the times he ran tonight.  But he probably throws for 300.  It’s all about reading the difference the defense and playing the hand they deal.  He did a good job.  Definitely watched a ton of film preparing for this game.

Guest Tiger03lb

One think I did noticed is how McGill is waiting more for a hole to get open rather than his normal running hard and breaking tackles. 

Anyone else been seeing this? Guess it's due to a young O line and being in the wildcat mostly. 

Guest Tiger03lb
19 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Heck at least bring #1 out of the slot for a little reverse once or twice.  All 11 were spying on McGill.

Even some jet sweeps would help. He has the wheels to go. 

Guest Tiger03lb
2 minutes ago, ATM007 said:

Is Winnsboro a state contender?

You would have to consider they could make a run. Really depends on their defense and if they can keep up the same level or even more. 

Guest Tiger03lb
1 minute ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Agree.  Losing #1 in Q3 was huge tonight.  He was the only change of pace for #0.  Once #1 was out, MV’s offense sputtered. 

Definitely. You could see McGill getting frustrated as well before the second to last play. 

Just now, Tiger03lb said:

You would have to consider they could make a run. Really depends on their defense and if they can keep up the same level or even more. 

Yeah I think the defense will be to ticket for Winnsboro.  The offense is going to cover a lot of weakness on the defense.  A team with a heavy ground & pound and a solid D could give them some problems.  Also a team with athletes in space could also be a challenge.

2 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

I agree about the defense. Definitely are dynamic enough on offense. Will spread you out and pick you apart, then when needed go back to old school Winnsboro slot t. A lot for opposing teams to game plan for each week.

Guest Tiger03lb
2 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Yeah I think the defense will be to ticket for Winnsboro.  The offense is going to cover a lot of weakness on the defense.  A team with a heavy ground & pound and a solid D could give them some problems.  Also a team with athletes in space could also be a challenge.

I'll agree to that or more of a balance offense with a good defense. 

17 minutes ago, ATM007 said:

Is Winnsboro a state contender?

I don’t think that conversation should be had at this juncture. One game at a time. Next week the opponent is really good. The week after that the opponent is good. The week after that the opponent will not be a pushover. Then we’ll get ready for whatever comes

4 minutes ago, chevyman said:

I don’t think that conversation should be had at this juncture. One game at a time. Next week the opponent is really good. The week after that the opponent is good. The week after that the opponent will not be a pushover. Then we’ll get ready for whatever comes

I think y’all roll everybody left in district 

Just now, chevyman said:

Good mentality to have.

1 hour ago, Tiger03lb said:

One think I did noticed is how McGill is waiting more for a hole to get open rather than his normal running hard and breaking tackles. 

Anyone else been seeing this? Guess it's due to a young O line and being in the wildcat mostly. 

He’s always been a pretty patient runner and waiting for plays to develop. 

15 minutes ago, chevyman said:

Very tough. Both teams played extremely hard. You guys just have to keep playing 

I was surprised by yalls defense! They showed up to play. I thought our defensive scheme gave us the best chance to win and did a good job limiting your offense. 
We just couldn’t get anything going on offense and we’re completely one dimensional. And kept hurting ourselves with penalties, fumbling 1st and goal st the 1, not fielding a routine kickoff, etc. 

16 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

I was surprised by yalls defense! They showed up to play. I thought our defensive scheme gave us the best chance to win and did a good job limiting your offense. 
We just couldn’t get anything going on offense and we’re completely one dimensional. And kept hurting ourselves with penalties, fumbling 1st and goal st the 1, not fielding a routine kickoff, etc. 

The fumble was a killer. I understand the concept of deception by having Pope get in there and take the snap but it never made it to his hands. Its a foregone conclusion that 0 is going to get it in the endzone if he takes the snap so i don’t see any reason to get cute.