Week 7: Mount Pleasant (1-4), (0-1) Vs Marshall (3-3), (1-1)

Mavchamp

Mount Pleasant Vs. Marshall  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• MP in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • MP in a blowout
    • Marshall in a blowout

This poll is closed to new votes

Mavs can't sit around and mope about what happened in Hallsville.  Coulda shoulda woulda.  Have to shake it off. 

We got a lot of work to do.  District standings are a total mess except for Texas High.  Every goal is still in front of us.

In comes a MP team that has struggled this season, but cannot be overlooked.

I'll get all the good stuff posted tomorrow.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Mavs can't sit around and mope about what happened in Hallsville.  Coulda shoulda woulda.  Have to shake it off. 

We got a lot of work to do.  District standings are a total mess except for Texas High.  Every goal is still in front of us.

In comes a MP team that has struggled this season, but cannot be overlooked.

I'll get all the good stuff posted tomorrow.

tough for mp that hallsville beat marshall and now the mavs are in a must win friday

I think we all know what a struggle this game was for us last year with several starters out. We were lucky to win. 

The good news for Marshall….. our offense is much better than it was this time last year.  And it looks like our passing game is starting to come around. 

The bad news for Marshall…. Our defense has really struggled in pass defense.  We haven’t figured a screen pass out yet. 

On paper this probably shouldn’t be close.  But given our propensity to I’ll timed penalties and poor pass defense…..   that’s why we play the games. 

Can’t over look anyone in the district with all these bad defenses.  

MOUNT PLEASANT GAMEDAY INFO: https://www.marshallmavericks.net/gameday

Got all the (Marshall) stats posted for the preview.  

MP is a blackhole of info....can't find stats anywhere....newspaper, youtube, maxpreps, hudl....nada.

-------

JQ Davis should pass the 1,000 yard mark this week.

There's a chance Marshall could end up with TWO 1000 yard rushers.  I can't even remember the last time that happened.

QB play coming around.... sitting at 529 yards after a pretty effective game last week Vs. Hallsville.  Kid is only a junior.  

6 hours ago, budmanmpfan said:

I love the Tigers. But I dont see them winning this one. Everyone came in to the season with high hopes but with penalties and turnovers this season has went way worse than expected from some of the folks in MP.

But that's something that can be fixed...

Marshall JV won tonight 34-22.  It was their fourth consecutive win. They are 4-2 on the season. (3-0) in district play. 

Not sure how they did the freshman teams. MP only has 1 team. I think Marshall did a combined squad of the Red team and the white team. Not sure.  It was….. sloppy. Lol. Both teams.   Ended in a 20-20 tie. 

Varsity going for the sweep tomorrow.