Teague ve Malakoff

Guest Tiger03lb

Teague vs Malakoff  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you got?

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest Tiger03lb

Teague travels to Malakoff on Friday night at 730 pm.

Koff should continue on moving through district. Just gotta keep on stay healthy. 

Koff by a lot. 

Malakoff do not under estimate this very very young Teague group. I do not believe Teague wins but you will see how talented this group is Friday night and will show you just how nervous you will need to be the next two season. With Lewis going down in Groesbeck for the year I think Teague could be sitting 2nd seed going into playoffs.

Malakoff 34

Teague 19

Malakoff this is the final year you will be favored highly in this matchup enjoy it this year.

Edited by Allheartnoquit

Guest Tiger03lb
23 minutes ago, Allheartnoquit said:

Malakoff do not under estimate this very very young Teague group. I do not believe Teague wins but you will see how talented this group is Friday night and will show you just how nervous you will need to be the next two season. With Lewis going down in Groesbeck for the year I think Teague could be sitting 2nd seed going into playoffs.

Malakoff 34

Teague 19

Malakoff this is the final year you will be favored highly in this matchup enjoy it this year.

I know Teague is young. We probably have the same amount of juniors, as you guys have a few more sophomores and I believe a couple of freshman playing, as we don't have any freshman playing. 

I can tell they are better than last year. But you gotta remember that we have a good sophomore back field as well and good players that will come up from JV and players on varsity that will return.

Player73 said that we would be challenged by GB this season and even if Allen was healthy. I don't think it would've mattered. Our defense is doing fine Nd will be. I still think it's

Koff

GB

mexia/teague/FF for 3rd/4th

I've been wanting and waiting for Teague to get back to where they once were. Koff isn't scared or nervous to play anyone and would love any team to challenge us in district. Have you not seen our non district schedules the past 2/4 years? 

1 hour ago, Allheartnoquit said:

Malakoff do not under estimate this very very young Teague group. I do not believe Teague wins but you will see how talented this group is Friday night and will show you just how nervous you will need to be the next two season.

I'll favor a school that has a consistent group of talent every year over a school that goes through peaks/valleys. Says something about the program.

MALAKOFF-TEAGUE SERIES

ALL-TIME RESULTS

(Tigers lead, 12-9)

1935 – Teague 7, Malakoff 6

1936 – Teague 36, Malakoff 0

1951 – Teague 13, Malakoff 6

1974 – Teague 27, Malakoff 6

1975 – Malakoff 20, Teague 6

1980 – Malakoff 22, Teague 8

1981 – Malakoff 13, Teague 0

1982 – Malakoff 24, Teague 7

1983 – Malakoff 27, Teague 0

1986 – Teague 44, Malakoff 20

1987 – Teague 20, Malakoff 0

2010 – Malakoff 21, Teague 20

2011 – Malakoff 27, Teague 13

2014 – Teague 50, Malakoff 35

2015 – Teague 28, Malakoff 7

2016 – Malakoff 40, Teague 36

2017 – Teague 35, Malakoff 14

2018 – Malakoff 60, Teague 30

2019 – Malakoff 40, Teague 14

2020 – Malakoff 77, Teague 0

2021 – Malakoff 38, Teague 0

Tiger 03, I have the upmost respect for you as you keep real as a poster and a fan. Same for the Malakoff football program as PostSurfer spoke about consistency in a program and that’s just what Malakoff is as Coach D has proven his program over the past 10 plus years. As for Teague they are very young as 12 sophomores and 2 freshman are on the team along with 7 Jrs. If Teague wouldn’t have lost 3 of their best players ( 2 out for the season (Srs) and the soph should be back in a few weeks they would be in the # 2 spot when the season is over IMO. I do not think Teague can win Friday night but they can learn from it and hopefully both teams come out of the game healthy. Good luck to Coach D and the Tigers as I look for them to make a deep run. FYI, the two kids lost were the new coaches sons. One was the 2Acover player of the year in Texas Football and the other 2 year starter at the 5A level. I feel for these kids and their Dads ( Coaches ) as they are missing their Se year. Both will play at the next level next year. It sucks for the Teague program as well. 

Guest Tiger03lb
8 hours ago, player73 said:

Tiger 03, I have the upmost respect for you as you keep real as a poster and a fan. Same for the Malakoff football program as PostSurfer spoke about consistency in a program and that’s just what Malakoff is as Coach D has proven his program over the past 10 plus years. As for Teague they are very young as 12 sophomores and 2 freshman are on the team along with 7 Jrs. If Teague wouldn’t have lost 3 of their best players ( 2 out for the season (Srs) and the soph should be back in a few weeks they would be in the # 2 spot when the season is over IMO. I do not think Teague can win Friday night but they can learn from it and hopefully both teams come out of the game healthy. Good luck to Coach D and the Tigers as I look for them to make a deep run. FYI, the two kids lost were the new coaches sons. One was the 2Acover player of the year in Texas Football and the other 2 year starter at the 5A level. I feel for these kids and their Dads ( Coaches ) as they are missing their Se year. Both will play at the next level next year. It sucks for the Teague program as well. 

Player73 great post!

Like I said in my earlier post, glad to see Teague getting better each year. I know a lot of people don't see it or think it due to the records but I've always watched you guys and thought that you guys were. You can tell especially this year with the new AD/HC. So that's a good hire by Teague. Good luck to you guys as well on Friday. Hope for no injuries. 

Guest Tiger03lb

Side note:

Coach Driskell has a record of

134 wins 34 losts in 13.5 seasons

He'll probably get over the 140 mark when this season is done. Averaging 10 wins a season and will make the playoffs this year, making that 14 straight playoff appearances. I know it's not something that's breaking the record books and that's not the point to this post. 

Driskell has built a good program while it being his first HC job ever. He has helped change the culture here as well not just for football/baseball but all sports. We are glad to have him and hope he stays as long as he wants. 

Guest Tiger03lb

jv 

46-0 koff

Koff's jv has only allowed 2 points all season. 

7th grade

42-0 koff

Didn't hear about 8th yet

Edited by Tiger03lb

Guest Tiger03lb

Good game Teague! Y'all came out ready to go, never gave up, and played hard. I was more surprised of the team speed you guys had. The coaches definitely have Teague going in the right direction. Great hire and decision. 

Not to take away from Teague, we got out okay and got up early but we were going through the motions it seemed like and it has seemed that way the last few games early on in the games. We got out played for about 1.5/2 qtrs because of that last night. With the out playing going on, starting to come with being outcoached. So great job Teague taking advantage of that. We can't keeping on or have the mindset that each team in district is going to give us an automatic win and with us going through the motions. 

A win is a win, it wasn't the prettiest but it also wasn't the greatest. 

@player73, look forward to seeing Teague improve and you guys will have a decent team the next years. Wish you guys the best and hope you guys make the playoffs, that would be a huge confidence builder for the program. Good luck the rest of the season. 

Edited by Tiger03lb