Gilmer vs Pleasant Grove

gilmerstar

Gilmer vs. Pleasant Grove  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

A few quick observations:

1. PG is an offense in search of an identity. They don’t know if they want to run a spread or a wing T. I think they look better out of the spread, but I don’t think the current half one half other will work long-term. 
2.  Gilmer defense is good. I was surprised at how they completely locked down Pleasant Grove most of the night. A couple of busted plays in the second half, but for the most part Gilmer’s defense dominated this game.

3. Gilmer ran Tennison  more tonight. It worked, as often the PG defense focused on the running back, whether Haynes or Henderson. 
4. Speaking of Henderson, he needs to play more. The level of explosiveness is just unmatched. And he runs hard between the tackles. Gilmer used him in a couple of new wrinkles, especially the shovel pass that hit big in the first half. But they still need to get him more touches.

5. There’s a pretty big gap between these two teams right now. Pleasant Grove certainly has the opportunity to improve as the season goes on, especially if they can find out who they want to be on offense. But right now, Gilmer is noticeably better.

Good game. Good defense for both teams. Gilmer just has the ability to make more expensive plays. 

Edited by CasualObserver70
Typos
  • Like 2

P G has a 2-3 really good athletes.........But in general, they do not "look" to have the physical size and mainly strength of some of their recent teams. And they are not the slowest team in the world, by no means, but not as fast/quick as some recent years...............In other words, P G looks more like most of their teams in the 1990s and early 2000s

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

P G has a 2-3 really good athletes.........But in general, they do not "look" to have the physical size and mainly strength of some of their recent teams. And they are not the slowest team in the world, by no means, but not as fast/quick as some recent years...............In other words, P G looks more like most of their teams in the 1990s and early 2000s

But PG has 6 Division I athletes! Aka, The Dream Team according to the radio advertisement.