Gilmer vs Pleasant Grove

gilmerstar

Gilmer vs. Pleasant Grove  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, blackflag79 said:

DANG!!!  They MUST be a pretty good team if they can do all that!

The phrase "breakfast of champions", originated in the Carthage fieldhouse

Coach Surratt once won a game of Connect Four in 3 moves

Carthage skilled players stand faster than anyone can run

A Carthage linemen once slammed a revolving door

The Carthage punter can kill two stones with one bird

The Carthage defense can strangle you with a cordless phone

The Carthage LBs can sneeze with their eyes open

The Carthage QB beat the sun in a staring contest

Once a cobra bit the leg of a Carthage RB. After five days of excruciating pain, the cobra died.

The Carthage WRs can do a wheelie on a unicycle

There is no theory of evolution, just a theory of Carthage

The Carthage waterboys can make a snowman out of rain

The Carthage QB doesnt have good aim, the football just knows better not to miss

The Carthage Kicker beat Halo 1, 2, and 3 on Legendary with a broken Guitar Hero controller

• LOL! 3

4 minutes ago, AledoAlumni said:

Once a cobra bit the leg of a Carthage RB. After five days of excruciating pain, the cobra died.

The Carthage QB doesnt have good aim, the football just knows better not to miss

The Carthage Kicker beat Halo 1, 2, and 3 on Legendary with a broken Guitar Hero controller

So basically Chuck Norris jokes? 

• Confused 1

On 10/11/2022 at 2:53 PM, mikehoncho said:

So basically Chuck Norris jokes? 

Chuck did say in a recent interview that he would gladly come back to the big screen if he could play Surratt in movie or documentary. 

• LOL! 1

On 10/11/2022 at 2:48 PM, AledoAlumni said:

What's a Punter????

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, ATM007 said:

I agree

Why, three dropped passes with no LH players within 10 yards and LH gets beat be 18. Instead they win by 3. 
yes I am still mad about losing that game. Can you tell me what happened the very next year and the year after that. 
Dawgs beat the same team that beat LH, not only beat them but spanked them. How many state titles does LH have again. I know crickets 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AledoAlumni said:

You must have not watched the China Spring game last year. 

Watched ever second of it. 
Guess being the only Aledo poster gets you bored, huh? You got nothing better to do than to try and get Carthage fans riled up?

Have fun with it! 

7 hours ago, JBizzle said:

Watched ever second of it. 
Guess being the only Aledo poster gets you bored, huh? You got nothing better to do than to try and get Carthage fans riled up?

Have fun with it! 

Literally for years Carthage fans talk about them beating Aledo or making comparisons. I poke fun at Carthage every once in awhile and you get defensive lol. Appreciate the jokes. 

57 minutes ago, AledoAlumni said:

Literally for years Carthage fans talk about them beating Aledo or making comparisons. I poke fun at Carthage every once in awhile and you get defensive lol. Appreciate the jokes. 

There are absolutely years it could have happened. But it doesn’t matter and no one will ever know. 🤷🏻‍♂️

What is the problem with making comparisons? Should there not be comparisons? It makes sense with Aledo having 10 trophies and Carthage having 8, both programs winning and beginning their very dominant eras around the same time. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, mikehoncho said:

There are absolutely years it could have happened. But it doesn’t matter and no one will ever know. 🤷🏻‍♂️

What is the problem with making comparisons? Should there not be comparisons? It makes sense with Aledo having 10 trophies and Carthage having 8, both programs winning and beginning their very dominant eras around the same time. 

Nothing is wrong with making comparisons. Its flattering.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AledoAlumni said:

Most think they can beat them this year. Carthage is just that good.

9 minutes ago, AledoAlumni said:

Nothing is wrong with making comparisons. Its flattering.  

As it should be. I get that it might be annoying to some when you see some people say their team could beat this team a few classifications above, etc etc.

There are only a few years that I personally might agree with those that would say that. Otherwise I don’t like talking about it. Lol. Aledo has the most championships. Everyone  tied for 2nd should continue to aspire for and hope to catch and pass them. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mojo1000 said:

Most think they can beat them this year. Carthage is just that good.

I haven’t seen Aledo this year, I know they have taken a couple of rare losses but that is bound to happen every once in awhile even to a program like that. You can never be surprised if they still go win state this year. Lol

2 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

As it should be. I get that it might be annoying to some when you see some people say their team could beat this team a few classifications above, etc etc.

There are only a few years that I personally might agree with those that would say that. Otherwise I don’t like talking about it. Lol. Aledo has the most championships. Everyone  tied for 2nd should continue to aspire for and hope to catch and pass them. 

I've always had the opinion of punching up not down. I'd rather play Longview than Carthage every time. Not even interested in playing Marshall. 

3 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

I haven’t seen Aledo this year, I know they have taken a couple of rare losses but that is bound to happen every once in awhile even to a program like that. You can never be surprised if they still go win state this year. Lol

We have an uphill battle. We arent even favorites in our district lol. 

2 minutes ago, AledoAlumni said:

I've always had the opinion of punching up not down. I'd rather play Longview than Carthage every time. Not even interested in playing Marshall. 

Absolutely. It’s a lose/lose for an elite program to play a smaller school. If you lose or even get tested there will be frowns from some people. You win and many will not see it as proving anything or helping. 

Which is why we never see and never will these hypotheticals that some like to toss around. 

11 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Why, three dropped passes with no LH players within 10 yards and LH gets beat be 18. Instead they win by 3. 
yes I am still mad about losing that game. Can you tell me what happened the very next year and the year after that. 
Dawgs beat the same team that beat LH, not only beat them but spanked them. How many state titles does LH have again. I know crickets 

LH had three missed blocks that would of led to scores. 

6 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

Is that what was expected before the season started? Or is it just the story of how it’s gone so far?

Denton Ryan was the favorite from square one but tonights game against Burleson Centennial is just as big. Centennial beat Ryan last week. 

Just now, AledoAlumni said:

Denton Ryan was the favorite from square one but tonights game against Burleson Centennial is just as big. Centennial beat Ryan last week. 

I forgot y’all are in District with Ryan. Has Centennial always been good or are they newly on the rise? I’ll admit I’ve never heard of them until this season.