Jump to content

Gilmer vs Pleasant Grove


 Share

Gilmer vs. Pleasant Grove  

66 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins???


This poll is closed to new votes


Recommended Posts

If PG has a lot of kids playing both ways, as one post stated, that should help Gilmer. Gilmer rotates a lot of players on defense, which often makes a big difference in the 4th quarter.   Gilmer D has certainly played better against PG the last two games.  Don’t know if that was players or scheme.   I think Gilmer should win, but I haven’t seen PG this year. After being off for 2 straight Friday nights, I’m just looking forward to a great game!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gilmer has the edge in this one, unless PG can show me something different than I’ve seen this year up till now. Very little pressure on the QB by (so called) D1 athletes. Glimpses of greatness, but nothing like the 16-17, 17-18, 19-20 teams. Gibson will have to run a lot of different looks(not wing-T) to have any success. As Gilmer and Carthage figured that offense out 2 years ago. PG secondary is Improving, but we haven’t seen a quality pass heavy team like Gilmer up to this point. PG has the athletes to compete, just have to cut out the negative plays and win the battle in the trenches and have our best game to win this. A. Johnson is the most athletic QB PG has had in while. But needs the B. Harmon leadership. If he can find that, he’ll be great. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, HawkNation12 said:

Gilmer has the edge in this one, unless PG can show me something different than I’ve seen this year up till now. Very little pressure on the QB by (so called) D1 athletes. Glimpses of greatness, but nothing like the 16-17, 17-18, 19-20 teams. Gibson will have to run a lot of different looks(not wing-T) to have any success. As Gilmer and Carthage figured that offense out 2 years ago. PG secondary is Improving, but we haven’t seen a quality pass heavy team like Gilmer up to this point. PG has the athletes to compete, just have to cut out the negative plays and win the battle in the trenches and have our best game to win this. A. Johnson is the most athletic QB PG has had in while. But needs the B. Harmon leadership. If he can find that, he’ll be great. 

He's the best they have had under center since Antonio Graves. Wish he would have stayed at LE

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gilmer should win this one hands down! Will be interesting to see if Gilmer has any rust being on bye for two weeks. That can either help them or hurt them. With all of that being said, Gilmer's speed on offense and them loading the box will make a long night for PG. District championship right here folks!!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, HawkNation12 said:

Most athletic, wouldn’t say the best….Yet

Graves was a much better QB than Johnson.   Graves ran a spread O and could sling it all over the yard and was a huge running threat.    Johnson is in a completely different offense most of the time.   When the O is in the multi receiver look it’s not the true “spread” (football people know what I’m talking about). I don’t think he is more athletic than Graves.   Graves played at TCU and got plenty of playing time.   We will see where Johnson ends up.   Graves was also bigger than Johnson.   

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/4/2022 at 7:26 PM, BlackShirtD said:

Graves was a much better QB than Johnson.   Graves ran a spread O and could sling it all over the yard and was a huge running threat.    Johnson is in a completely different offense most of the time.   When the O is in the multi receiver look it’s not the true “spread” (football people know what I’m talking about). I don’t think he is more athletic than Graves.   Graves played at TCU and got plenty of playing time.   We will see where Johnson ends up.   Graves was also bigger than Johnson.   

I wasn’t comparing Graves and Johnson. I was saying that Ben Harmon was probably the better leader. Talent wise Graves was a beast, but heart and leadership goes to Ben.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, CasualObserver70 said:

Thursday night round up:  Gilmer JV won.  PG didn’t field a Freshman team. Don’t know if they don’t have enough kids out or what. Gilmer 7th grade won. Haven’t heard a score from 8th grade 

They pulled some freshmen up to varsity, then combined the freshman and JV teams after that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Hawk20 said:

They pulled some freshmen up to varsity, then combined the freshman and JV teams after that

Wow u pull up 3 or 4 freshman and now you don’t have enough for a freshman team.  Did they only have 17 or 18 freshman to start with.  Sounds odd a place like PG can’t or doesn’t want to field a freshman team.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...