***Week 6: Mount Enterprise (1-4) @ Alto Yellowjackets (3-2) - Friday | 7:00 p.m.***

StingEmALTO

Mount Enterprise @ Alto  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/08/2022 at 12:00 AM

Sparks will definitely fly. We have quite a few weapons to throw at them Wildcats!!! Then again, I'm sure Mount Enterprise hasn't played against a defense like Alto's either!!    The JACKETS will be fired up for the home crowd!!! 

Edited by Cowboys1970
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cowboys1970 said:

Sparks will definitely fly. We have quite a few weapons to throw at them Wildcats!!! Then again, I'm sure Mount Enterprise hasn't played against a defense like Alto's either!!    The JACKETS will be fired up for the home crowd!!! 

Can’t believe it’s been since 1979 that these two have played! We play BASKETBALL every year….practically. Lol

Edited by StingEmALTO

1 hour ago, upullinmychain said:

We gon see if we can soften tenaha up for yall next week...you know they gonna throw the kitchen sink and the toilet at us tonight,it is what it is...lol 😂😂 

Yes sirrrr! Y’all do that. However, you’ll probably just make ’em mad and they’ll come out the next week motivated and playing with their hair on fire in front of the homecoming crowd! You know how that goes. Lol

Dod you realize they have a 13-game district winning streak going? They haven’t lost a district game since 2019 I believe. 😬😬😬 That could be in jeopardy tonight! 

30 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

Yes sirrrr! Y’all do that. However, you’ll probably just make ’em mad and they’ll come out the next week motivated and playing with their hair on fire in front of the homecoming crowd! You know how that goes. Lol

Dod you realize they have a 13-game district winning streak going? They haven’t lost a district game since 2019 I believe. 😬😬😬 That could be in jeopardy tonight! 

Well when they came up and played with using a couple years and then dropped back down,they weren't really gonna be challenged in that dist.

Playing field is level now and it'll be a little harder next couple years 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, upullinmychain said:

Forgot it was hoco..duh...couldn't figure out how they scored 34 on that D..homecoming always screws up kids concentration..ain't gon ask now...good game Sting,take care of bidness ✌️

Yep. SMH I think every kid on the homecoming court but one was a football player.

Mount started the game with an onside kick which they recovered. Drove and scored. Kicked another onside kick. Recovered. SMH We held them but man. They are a scrappy group and #3 RB is just a freshman but he ran tough. They couldn’t stop us and we scored fast every time but they also chewed off a lot of the clock with sustained drives. It was not our best night and officiating didn’t help but I’m not gonna blame them. No one punted and Mount always kicked an onside kick. Lol

Glad to get the dub. As they say, “I’ll take an ugly win over a hard fought loss any day.”

Congrats on the big win at Tenaha!

Edited by StingEmALTO

Davis tosses 5 TD passes in Alto's 46-34 win over Wildcats

ALTO - Alto capped off Homecoming 2022 by claiming a 46-34 win over Mount Enterprise on Friday night.

Mean Sting quarterback Keegan Davis tossed five touchdown passes in the game, with Khalil Reagan, a senior, hauling in scoring grabs covering 55, 30 and 19 yards, respectively.

Jackson Duplichain and Zach Battle each made touchdown grabs covering 25 yards.

Alto’s leading rusher was Rashawn Mumphrey (9-104).  Davis tacked on 93 yards in seven scampers, which included a 65-yard scoring burst.

The Jackets amassed 420 total yards in the game with 243 yards coming by land.

Landon Cook (25 tackles (13 solo), 2 tackles for loss,3 forced fumbles/fumble recoveries) led Alto defensively.

Davis finished with 22 tackles (12 solo).

Other defensive leaders fro the Mean Sting included Duplichain (17 tackles (11 solo), 1 tackle for loss, 1 interception) and Clayton Gresham (17 tackles (10 solo), 1 tackle for loss, 1 forced fumble/fumble recovery).

Reagan picked off a Wildcat pass.

Alto (4-2) will visit Tenaha next week.

https://www.jacksonvilleprogress.com/sports/davis-tosses-5-td-passes-in-altos-46-34-win-over-wildcats/article_27c0648a-4716-11ed-b012-a3a829c8cc9b.html

Edited by StingEmALTO
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

Yep. SMH I think every kid on the homecoming court but one was a football player.

Mount started the game with an onside kick which they recovered. Drove and scored. Kicked another onside kick. Recovered. SMH We held them but man. They are a scrappy group and #3 RB is just a freshman but he ran tough. They couldn’t stop us and we scored fast every time but they also chewed off a lot of the clock with sustained drives. It was not our best night and officiating didn’t help but I’m not gonna blame them. No one punted and Mount always kicked an onside kick. Lol

Glad to get the dub. As they say, “I’ll take an ugly win over a hard fought loss any day.”

Congrats on the big win at Tenaha!

Yeah after the first series of second half,coach pulled in the rains and started giving the youngsters some good playing time..it was a rap 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

On 10/7/2022 at 12:06 PM, StingEmALTO said:

Ummm...about that bro 👀

Yellowjackets sting Wildcats

The Daily Sentinel - staff report 

After having a bye a week ago, Alto’s football team returned to action and earned a 46-34 win over Mount Enterprise Friday. The Yellowjackets are now 4-2 overall and 1-0 in district play. The Wildcats fall to 1-5 overall and 0-1 against district opponents.

Keegan Davis accounted for all six of Alto’s touchdowns. He went 7-of-9 for 177 yards through the air for five touchdowns and one interception and added 93 rushing yards and a touchdown on six carries. He found Khalil Reagan three times for 104 yards and three touchdowns. Jay Benton caught two passes for 18 yards and one touchdown. Jackson Duplichain had one catch for 25 yards and a touchdown. Rashawn Mumphrey had nine carries for 104 yards.

Landon Cook led Alto’s defense in tackles with 25. He had two tackles for a loss and was in on a forced fumble or fumble recovery three times. Davis was next in line in tackles with 22. Duplichain had 17 tackles, one tackle for a loss and one interception. Clayton Gresham had 17 tackles and one tackle for a loss. Zachary Battle had 10 tackles.

Alto is slated to return to action Saturday when it travels to Tenaha to take on the Tigers. Mount Enterprise will take on Overton on the road Friday.

https://www.dailysentinel.com/sports/article_2d2d9dc7-edd6-52b7-9066-72d728260923.html#tncms-source=login