Garrison @ Shelbyville

SilkyJohnson

Garrison @ Shelbyville   

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, WolfNation said:

Did the Shelbyville players actually quit or was that just a rumor?

Doomer’s 3rd cousin’s baby mama’s girlfriend’s ex-husband’s nephew plays second string OLB from Garrison so he was at the game. Word is a couple of former starters are no longer on the team and one was on the sideline in street clothes. 

1 hour ago, upullinmychain said:

Was he the rumored instigator of the afore to mentioned mele in the previous weeks debacle?

I was told by someone who carefully observed the incident on film that the Shelbyville player that got ejected was about half way down with the ball and was stopped ... and an opposing team player ran in and twisted his helmet and jerked it off his head, then ran off ... then the melee began .... he went beserk and lost it after that and deserved to be severely punished .... from what I was told the Shelbyville player didn’t instigate the thing .... the defensive player that was ejected along with the Shelbyville player wasn’t the same player that ripped the Sville players helmet off ....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama

2 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I was told by someone who carefully observed the incident on film that the Shelbyville player that got ejeted was about half way down with the ball and was stopped ... and an opposing team player ran in and twisted his helmet and jerked it off his head, then ran off ... then the melee began .... he went beserk and lost it after that and deserved to be severely punished .... from what I was told the Shelbyville player didn’t instigate the thing .... the defensive player that was ejected along with the Shelbyville player wasn’t the same player that ripped the Sville players helmet off ....

So the tru villain escaped like in the movies and left some sucker holding their bag...ingenious ✌️

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

So the tru villain escaped like in the movies and left some sucker holding their bag...ingenious ✌️

I was told he was running around outside the melee basically being "congratulated" ... don't shoot the messinger,  that's just what I was told by someone who watched the film ... I was there but really didn’t see the initial incident or much of the early ruckuss ...

6 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I was told he was running around outside the melee basically being "congratulated" ... don't shoot the messinger,  that's just what I was told by someone who watched the film ... I was there but really didn’t see the initial incident or much of the early ruckuss ...

I got the video of it if you would like to see for yourself .. 

Cartwright was removed from the team and the best starting wide receiver Davis quit. One other key starter that was ejected was out last night with a shoulder injury. 

I'm not sure about the incident in Joaquin but part of the anger on the Shelbyville side was because the Joaquin player that ripped the helmet off was able to re-enter the game. 

It had appeared that both players were ejected but the Jaoquin player actually wasn't. 

Cartwright was ejected because he had two personal fouls and the Joaquin kid only had one. 

Personally I don't blame any one player, person or coach. I've been in Shelbyville most of my life and I actually played on the current Joaquin field a long time ago. In recent years I coached youth football in Shelbyville from about 2011 to 2019. 

I said that to say this. The bleachers in Joaquin are too close to the field!! EVERY year that I coached youth ball and EVERY game that I played in or was a spectator there has been fan interaction that contributed to at least one personal foul. 

And that's on the conservative side. There are usually multiple personal fouls, ejections, and fights. 

The rivalry is unhealthy because many of the adults (both sides) take it so personally. 

Then, during the games, the players can hear everything that is being said in the stands. 

Which usually leads to at least one player being triggered and it's a domino effect. 

I'm not excusing anything here but in my opinion the Shelbyville/Joaquin rivalry has became very unhealthy. 

Kids are different these days. Gang stuff is the cool thing to do and these incidents are carrying over long after the games end. 

The issue needs to be addressed. 

25 minutes ago, Gen7Dragon said:

Cartwright was removed from the team and the best starting wide receiver Davis quit. One other key starter that was ejected was out last night with a shoulder injury. 

I'm not sure about the incident in Joaquin but part of the anger on the Shelbyville side was because the Joaquin player that ripped the helmet off was able to re-enter the game. 

It had appeared that both players were ejected but the Jaoquin player actually wasn't. 

Cartwright was ejected because he had two personal fouls and the Joaquin kid only had one. 

Personally I don't blame any one player, person or coach. I've been in Shelbyville most of my life and I actually played on the current Joaquin field a long time ago. In recent years I coached youth football in Shelbyville from about 2011 to 2019. 

I said that to say this. The bleachers in Joaquin are too close to the field!! EVERY year that I coached youth ball and EVERY game that I played in or was a spectator there has been fan interaction that contributed to at least one personal foul. 

And that's on the conservative side. There are usually multiple personal fouls, ejections, and fights. 

The rivalry is unhealthy because many of the adults (both sides) take it so personally. 

Then, during the games, the players can hear everything that is being said in the stands. 

Which usually leads to at least one player being triggered and it's a domino effect. 

I'm not excusing anything here but in my opinion the Shelbyville/Joaquin rivalry has became very unhealthy. 

Kids are different these days. Gang stuff is the cool thing to do and these incidents are carrying over long after the games end. 

I thought the same thing and then watched a bunch of Joaquin and Shelbyville players take pictures together after the game .  Maybe it’s more of an adult problem at this point 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gen7Dragon said:

I do agree with you on at least some points. The official did not come back and explain why the Joaquin player was allowed to re-enter the game. Had he explained it the way you just did, it would have gone a long way towards calming things down. The way it went, it led to the fans of one team feeling that the other team was receiving preferential treatment. As far as our stadium, we seem to have no problem like this with anyone else. The proximity of the stands to the field makes for an exciting atmosphere for a big game. Concerning the unhealthy nature of the rivalry, I don’t really have any answers. I don’t disagree with you that things get out of hand from time to time. It’s been my observation that ones from Shelbyville who contribute the most toxicity seem to be “outsiders” or move-ins, and not Shelbyville lifers like yourself. I have many friends from southern Shelby County. I’m definitely not going to claim that we don’t have our share of toxic folks that contribute to the problem. 

12 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

I was deliberating in a jury trial until about 8:45 last evening .... missed the game ....

It was still close at halftime but I decided to go see if my parole officer would let me take a pee test.

• LOL! 1

2 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

I do agree with you on at least some points. The official did not come back and explain why the Joaquin player was allowed to re-enter the game. Had he explained it the way you just did, it would have gone a long way towards calming things down. The way it went, it led to the fans of one team feeling that the other team was receiving preferential treatment. As far as our stadium, we seem to have no problem like this with anyone else. The proximity of the stands to the field makes for an exciting atmosphere for a big game. Concerning the unhealthy nature of the rivalry, I don’t really have any answers. I don’t disagree with you that things get out of hand from time to time. It’s been my observation that ones from Shelbyville who contribute the most toxicity seem to be “outsiders” or move-ins, and not Shelbyville lifers like yourself. I have many friends from southern Shelby County. I’m definitely not going to claim that we don’t have our share of toxic folks that contribute to the problem. 

I agree with the excitement levels and overall atmosphere of a big game. It can be almost other worldly, but when Sville and Joaquin meet up I would like to see our fans about 20 to 30 yards further back! Lol 

I have family and friends in Joaquin and while coaching youth ball I made several close acquaintences that are on going. Met some good people that really cared about the kids of all towns involved. Make no mistake though. They get extra fired up for Shelbyville. Even if it's a Tee ball game! Lol

I think it's just a Shelbyville/Joaquin thing? It's kind of in our DNA to not like each other when we play football.

We had an almost identical incident on youth football day in Joaquin back in 2014. Ironically, some of the same perpetrators back then were some of the same ones during the recent mele. 

There are some move ins involved as well, but they weren't the only problem. They just exacerbated the situation. 

I don't know the answer but it sure doesn't hurt to acknowledge that this thing has turned into a little more than just a cross town rivalry. 

I had some ideas after the 2014 youth ball incident but I couldn't get anybody that mattered to listen. . Im still trying. 

On 10/8/2022 at 10:49 PM, Gen7Dragon said:

I agree with the excitement levels and overall atmosphere of a big game. It can be almost other worldly, but when Sville and Joaquin meet up I would like to see our fans about 20 to 30 yards further back! Lol 

I have family and friends in Joaquin and while coaching youth ball I made several close acquaintences that are on going. Met some good people that really cared about the kids of all towns involved. Make no mistake though. They get extra fired up for Shelbyville. Even if it's a Tee ball game! Lol

I think it's just a Shelbyville/Joaquin thing? It's kind of in our DNA to not like each other when we play football.

We had an almost identical incident on youth football day in Joaquin back in 2014. Ironically, some of the same perpetrators back then were some of the same ones during the recent mele. 

There are some move ins involved as well, but they weren't the only problem. They just exacerbated the situation. 

I don't know the answer but it sure doesn't hurt to acknowledge that this thing has turned into a little more than just a cross town rivalry. 

I had some ideas after the 2014 youth ball incident but I couldn't get anybody that mattered to listen. . Im still trying. 

So what about playing at a neutral site? Center? I'm sure neither wants to give up homefield advantage, but does that take some of the edge off?