Texas A&M vs Alabama

23 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

I think A&M makes this closer than most people expect. 

Agreed. I can’t help but feel like they have saved some tricks and will have a few wrinkles. I also think the health of Young might play a factor. Not that they can’t win with Milroe it’s just that having inexperience at that position could keep it closer than expected. 

39 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Before anyone freaks out, I am not even remotely saying I think A&M wins this. I just think it’s probably closer to a 27-16 type game than a 56-6 one. 

I can’t help but remember the 2014 and 2015 Ole Miss games. Ole Miss pulled the upset in Oxford and everyone assumed that BAMA would make them pay in Tuscaloosa. We started Cooper Bateman over Jake Coker and the results were disastrous. Five turnovers and a couple of fluke plays and Ole Miss got a win at Bryant-Denny before the burner phone scandal caught up to Hugh Freeze. Am I predicting a similar scenario? No. But there are no guarantees with a funny bouncing ball and two groups of early 20s men.

9 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

I can’t help but remember the 2014 and 2015 Ole Miss games. Ole Miss pulled the upset in Oxford and everyone assumed that BAMA would make them pay in Tuscaloosa. We started Cooper Bateman over Jake Coker and the results were disastrous. Five turnovers and a couple of fluke plays and Ole Miss got a win at Bryant-Denny before the burner phone scandal caught up to Hugh Freeze. Am I predicting a similar scenario? No. But there are no guarantees with a funny bouncing ball and two groups of early 20s men.

Weren't they close the next year too? Like 48-45? Ole Miss was insane those years.

5 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

You nailed it with that last sentence. And the thing is this A&M team is extremely talented on both sides of the ball. If you catch A&M at their best or getting the lucky bounces it’s not like this is a mid major roster. They have struggled offensively but I mean with a home run threat like Achane you’re talking about this game being one or two missed gap assignments for Bama defensively and you’ve got yourself a game. 

I have not bet on an A&M game in my entire life. But a 24 point spread has me thinking about it. 

10 hours ago, WETSU said:

You nailed it with that last sentence. And the thing is this A&M team is extremely talented on both sides of the ball. If you catch A&M at their best or getting the lucky bounces it’s not like this is a mid major roster. They have struggled offensively but I mean with a home run threat like Achane you’re talking about this game being one or two missed gap assignments for Bama defensively and you’ve got yourself a game. 

I have not bet on an A&M game in my entire life. But a 24 point spread has me thinking about it. 

24 points makes everyone think about betting on the game. It looks as though A&M could cover that. Could I win enough to pay off the house? :rofl:

3 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Wasn't Alabama supposed to kill Texas A&M last year too?

Yes. But to be fair it was a home game at night for A&M. I was there and it was the most eclectic that stadium has ever been. There was something in their at kickoff that you just knew it was going to be a game. 

A&M has really struggled on the road. 8pm kickoff doesn’t help. I just think 24 points is high for this game. Especially not knowing who the starting QB for either team is. I think that everyone is just expecting Saban to come out for blood and run it up and not call off the dogs to prove a point. 

50 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Yes. But to be fair it was a home game at night for A&M. I was there and it was the most eclectic that stadium has ever been. There was something in their at kickoff that you just knew it was going to be a game. 

A&M has really struggled on the road. 8pm kickoff doesn’t help. I just think 24 points is high for this game. Especially not knowing who the starting QB for either team is. I think that everyone is just expecting Saban to come out for blood and run it up and not call off the dogs to prove a point. 

Hell, I could've told you after their week of practice that they were going to be in that game. After a drive or two, you're right- the game had a feeling about it. 

3 hours ago, WETSU said:

It just always seem that whenever Team A is supposed to "kill" Team B in the regular season it does not typically go that way.

3 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

It just always seem that whenever Team A is supposed to "kill" Team B in the regular season it does not typically go that way.

More times than not, it does, though. 

A&M is gonna have to play out of their minds like they did last year. And get lucky here or there. 

31 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

A&M is gonna have to play out of their minds like they did last year. And get lucky here or there. 

I'm not saying A&M wins, but Alabama has looked mortal at times this year. A&M has a good defense and plenty of talent. If one of their QB's has a great game then who knows.

36 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I'm not saying A&M wins, but Alabama has looked mortal at times this year. A&M has a good defense and plenty of talent. If one of their QB's has a great game then who knows.

They have to pressure the QB more. Their defense is good but they let teams control the game too much. They have to force the issue a little bit and get off the field this week. 

I think Bama wins this pretty handily. Not saying it's a blow out, but I think they will be able to control both sides of the ball for the most part of the game.

I go back to what I said about the Mississippi State game, I just haven't seen anything from A&M on offense that would convince me they can stay in the game all four quarters. It could be a very wide margin, but I'm thinking like a 38-17 kind of game.

5 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I agree.  Nothing has clicked like it should have offensively this year to feel confident that the Aggies will keep it close.  

Not knocking the Aggies, but they don’t have it this year.  Its the coaching, QB play, and at times the entire offense that doesn’t give me any confidence that my pick of TAMU finishing 2nd in the West will come to fruition.