Texas A&M vs Alabama

4 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

If Young starts and plays the first half, Alabama by 35+ ... if Young doesn’t play, Alabama by 35+ ....

Do you understand how hard it is to beat a team by 35 points? I know you’re just trolling but dang at least be reasonable lol. 

3 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

I agree.  Nothing has clicked like it should have offensively this year to feel confident that the Aggies will keep it close.  

Not knocking the Aggies, but they don’t have it this year.  Its the coaching, QB play, and at times the entire offense that doesn’t give me any confidence that my pick of TAMU finishing 2nd in the West will come to fruition.

Ole miss is the clear second best west team right now. 

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

Do you understand how hard it is to beat a team by 35 points? I know you’re just trolling but dang at least be reasonable lol. 

Sleepy Joe and reasonable don’t jive when it comes to trolling.

• LOL! 1

14 hours ago, WETSU said:

Ole miss is the clear second best west team right now. 

So of the 7 teams in the SEC West--Where do the Aggies fall at this point, because we know at the end of the season where they will actually be. Just wondering. I know they are better than Arkansas at this point and time. 

• LOL! 1

52 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

So of the 7 teams in the SEC West--Where do the Aggies fall at this point, because we know at the end of the season where they will actually be. Just wondering. I know they are better than Arkansas at this point and time. 

Just so hard to tell. When the offense is this poor, every game is in question… I would say say gun to my head that they finish 4-4 in conference play which will likely put them somewhere around 4th in the west. 

9 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Just so hard to tell. When the offense is this poor, every game is in question… I would say say gun to my head that they finish 4-4 in conference play which will likely put them somewhere around 4th in the west. 

I can agree with that..I say they beat Auburn, South Carolina for sure....I think LSU & Florida are toss up games....I think at this time they lose to Alabama and Ole Miss. 

It's those toss up games that could determine their bowl game. 

6 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

What happened to 10 wins with a mediocre qb and Jumbo the elite coach is the floor?  ...

Nobody said 10 wins was the floor. Everyone said 10 wins was what it would take to have a an acceptable season. This always was a team capable of going 7-5. What you’re confusing is what is acceptable vs what could worst case happen. 

If A&M goes 8-4 it’s not acceptable to Aggies. Doesn’t mean we didn’t know it was possible. 

And Jimbo is still elite. A coach needing to make a change does not mean he all of the sudden stops being a good coach. 

And let me go ahead and clarify again before you troll more, nobody is calling for Jimbo to be fired. Not realistically anyways. What we are calling for are changes. There was a point in time even the great Nick Saban was forced to change the way he did things. Jimbo has to change and adapt. Not accepting a 8-4 season means that the pressure to hire a real oc heats up. It doesn’t mean buyouts are being gathered and scrapping the program is underway. This is still a team that is playing the second youngest 2 deep in all of college football. The potential is there. It’s not a bare roster or a complete rebuild. 

56 minutes ago, WETSU said:

And let me go ahead and clarify again before you troll more, nobody is calling for Jimbo to be fired. Not realistically anyways. What we are calling for are changes. There was a point in time even the great Nick Saban was forced to change the way he did things. Jimbo has to change and adapt. Not accepting a 8-4 season means that the pressure to hire a real oc heats up. It doesn’t mean buyouts are being gathered and scrapping the program is underway. This is still a team that is playing the second youngest 2 deep in all of college football. The potential is there. It’s not a bare roster or a complete rebuild. 

Why do you even engage him? If you just ignore/mock him, maybe he'll go spend is time doing what he claims are tons of other hobbies. 

45 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Why do you even engage him? If you just ignore/mock him, maybe he'll go spend is time doing what he claims are tons of other hobbies. 

If nobody engages the trolls there would only be a reason to check this board about once a week. Very little intelligent football conversation ever happens here…. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, WETSU said:

If nobody engages the trolls there would only be a reason to check this board about once a week. Very little intelligent football conversation ever happens here…. 

That's not true. Plenty does, and there are plenty of awesome people from each team. I, like a few others presumably, just rarely choose to even try when we know that the trolls will drown out any good discussion. 

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

That's not true. Plenty does, and there are plenty of awesome people from each team. I, like a few others presumably, just rarely choose to even try when we know that the trolls will drown out any good discussion. 

Aggies stink!  Hook em \m/
Horns down!  Boomer! 
It's 4:00 and OU still sucks!  
etc etc etc

Lot's of intelligent things are thrown around on this forum :p 

• LOL! 3
  • Grumpy 1

The issue is the post are dead except for weekends. There’s some decent football talk one day a week like I said. And you engaged him plenty earlier. 

36 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

17 minutes ago, WETSU said:

The issue is the post are dead except for weekends. There’s some decent football talk one day a week like I said. And you engaged him plenty earlier. 

Well, right now all of our teams are in doom and gloom mode.  There are only so many stats we can throw at Jimbo, Brian Kelly, etc

2 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Yep. Then he admitted he was there to troll. Now he's worth mocking, but that's about it. 

Okay, let's try this scenario just for some excitement.

If OU, Texas, Texas A&M, and LSU were to line up and all play each other at the same time, right now, who wins?

I believe LSU would have a legitimate shot to win based solely on the QB being able to run and the wild chance that he can throw it to one of his 4 great WRs.  

I mean, all 4 teams look like a train wreck in one way or another right now...  So why A&M?  Why Texas?  Why OU?

6 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Okay, let's try this scenario just for some excitement.

If OU, Texas, Texas A&M, and LSU were to line up and all play each other at the same time, right now, who wins?

I believe LSU would have a legitimate shot to win based solely on the QB being able to run and the wild chance that he can throw it to one of his 4 great WRs.  

I mean, all 4 teams look like a train wreck in one way or another right now...  So why A&M?  Why Texas?  Why OU?

LSU.

They have the most talent and have looked the best, I think. Week 1 was their only "bad" week, and all bets are off in the first game of the season. A&M's offense isn't good enough. OU's defense isn't good enough. Texas is just too inconsistent. 

16 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Well, right now all of our teams are in doom and gloom mode.  There are only so many stats we can throw at Jimbo, Brian Kelly, etc

When is the last time all 4 programs have been in this state at the same time? I can’t think of a time in my lifetime.

11 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Why is it that the BAMA fan is the only guy here giving the Aggies a snowballs chance in hell of beating BAMA?

I think there’s a slim chance. I do expect Jimbo, like last year, though he could walk through Miss St and saved a few wrinkles for this week that will keep this one closer than the spread. How close just depends on turnovers.