Texas A&M vs Alabama

Exciting game. I don’t either team can be very successful in the future with the QBs that played tonight. King played tough. I just think he is a reverse Tannehill after this year. Put him at the slot. No way Milroe can lead Alabama after Bryce leaves. 

Alabama did absolutely everything they could to try to lose that game, but squeaked by.

Four turnovers, two missed field goals and even multiple big penalties on A&M’s final drive of the game.

You have to give credit to the Aggies for hanging in there and almost pulling off the win.

Man, am I glad Milroe didn’t sign with Texas as a QB..

Alabama with Young as compared to Alabama with Milroe are two completely different teams.

Edited by HearEmaGrowlin

1 minute ago, Lhornfan said:

Exciting game. I don’t either team can be very successful in the future with the QBs that played tonight. King played tough. I just think he is a reverse Tannehill after this year. Put him at the slot. No way Milroe can lead Alabama after Bryce leaves. 

Everyone thinks Weigman gets a look after this week because you have an entire bye week to prep him before a easier SC opponent for his first start. I don’t think King is the solution, but I also don’t know how much Jimbo will weigh in that 2 starting oline were out and King found a way to do just enough to keep them in it until then end. Will it be seen as progress from the offense? I’ve seen it said that this close loss was worse outcome than a blowout. A embarrassing loss demands changes going into the bye. A close one makes you believe just enough to stay the course. 

@WETSU, that very scenario has been discussed on Gig’Em. Do you root for a 55-0 blowout because you know that will lead to changes or knowing that a close game more than likely reinforces Jimbo’s belief that it’s just an execution problem.

Just now, Stoney said:

@WETSU, that very scenario has been discussed on Gig’Em. Do you root for a 55-0 blowout because you know that will lead to changes or knowing that a close game more than likely reinforces Jimbo’s belief that it’s just an execution problem.

Why would you ever root for your team to get blown out? Because fans think a different player should play? That’s as dumb of a reason as anything. Nobody but Jimbo has seen Weigman play at this level. 

Just now, Stoney said:

I personally think this close loss is better for the program long term than a blowout. With the amount of injuries and the amount of youth on the roster anything you can get from a positive momentum standpoint is huge. 

I’m going to enjoy being pleasantly surprised that this team hung with Bama and had a shot to win on the last play. It wasn’t a 35+ blowout as predicted by our resident geriatric prognosticator. We saw the talent that these true freshman have brought to the program. Answer the questions at QB, OL and with the offensive system and it could be fun times in Aggieland.

2 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Everyone thinks Weigman gets a look after this week because you have an entire bye week to prep him before a easier SC opponent for his first start. I don’t think King is the solution, but I also don’t know how much Jimbo will weigh in that 2 starting oline were out and King found a way to do just enough to keep them in it until then end. Will it be seen as progress from the offense? I’ve seen it said that this close loss was worse outcome than a blowout. A embarrassing loss demands changes going into the bye. A close one makes you believe just enough to stay the course. 

I tend to agree. You signed the #1 class last year and playing a lot of young guys. Playoffs are out of the picture. Play to win, but take the next two weeks to get Weigman ready. You’ve got to let him play against SC to give a chance verse Ole Miss IMO. 

2 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Why would you ever root for your team to get blown out? Because fans think a different player should play? That’s as dumb of a reason as anything. Nobody but Jimbo has seen Weigman play at this level. 

They were hoping a blowout would make Jimbo realize he needs a new OC. That was my take away.

1 minute ago, Stoney said:

I’m going to enjoy being pleasantly surprised that this team hung with Bama and had a shot to win on the last play. It wasn’t a 35+ blowout as predicted by our resident geriatric prognosticator. We saw the talent that these true freshman have brought to the program. Answer the questions at QB, OL and with the offensive system and it could be fun times in Aggieland.

Love the positive outlook, but let’s not forget Bama’s QB was as bad as the guy quarterbacking for OU today. Not going to play the what if game, but it was a blessing for Aggies to basically play 9 in the box with safeties playing around the LOS at times. Any inclination of a passing game in the second half opens up Bama’s running game. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stoney said:

They were hoping a blowout would make Jimbo realize he needs a new OC. That was my take away.

I think at this point either he knows he needs one (games earlier this season) or he will never do it. A big loss tonight wouldn’t change that. I’ve never been one to root for my team to get beat bad just cause I think a change would be made. 

• Like 3

Just now, Lhornfan said:

Love the positive outlook, but let’s not forget Bama’s QB was as bad as the guy quarterbacking for OU today. Not going to play the what if game, but it was a blessing for Aggies to basically play 9 in the box with safeties playing around the LOS at times. Any inclination of a passing game in the second half opens up Bama’s running game. 

A&M had tons of guys out too. And were technically playing a backup QB. 

1 minute ago, JohnnyFootball said:

A&M had tons of guys out too. And were technically playing a backup QB. 

Well your “back-up QB (I disagree)” is way better than Bama’s. In the first 3 quarters Alabama had WRs open but Milroe held onto the ball too long and couldn’t read defenses. Aggies finally said screw it, and dared him to pass. 

Proud of the fight in this Aggies squad. Still a lot of bad and questionable things, but made it a down to the wire game in Tuscaloosa. Hopefully Ags will get some guys healthy with the bye week and then BTHO South Carolina.

Evan Stewart balled out tonight.

1 hour ago, Lhornfan said:

Well your “back-up QB (I disagree)” is way better than Bama’s. In the first 3 quarters Alabama had WRs open but Milroe held onto the ball too long and couldn’t read defenses. Aggies finally said screw it, and dared him to pass. 

Give the A&M defense credit too. Durkin had a lot of new looks that threw the Bama OL for loops in the first half and Milroe never really got comfortable. He had some good scrambles, though. 

7 hours ago, Lhornfan said:

It would be painful to watch what Alabama put on the field yesterday vs the Oklahoma team we say yesterday ... neither team has a decent  backup QB  .... 

6 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Give the A&M defense credit too. Durkin had a lot of new looks that threw the Bama OL for loops in the first half and Milroe never really got comfortable. He had some good scrambles, though. 

Oh I give Durkin tons of credit for taking advantage of the situation. He realized quickly that Milroe could only hurt them if he got outside the tackle box with room to run. I wish they would have pulled it off in the end. 

27 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

This is why I can’t stand this guy, and before some of y’all deflect, there’s Texas guys I don’t like either. 

8AF941B0-E5E6-4550-8AD2-CCA31F3CD626.png

8DDC4345-BAC5-4536-8421-6B8FA465DA2B.png

Looch drinks deep from the A&M koolaid. As a news source for A&M he is what he is. Any Aggie fan that could take off the burnt orange hating sunglasses could see that UT had improved and should have beat Bama. I’ll go even one step further. The Bama slide is in full effect. Bama is Bama but Bama ain’t BAMA like they were. Ewers is a good QB. He’s got playmakers. A young o-line that will get better with experience. Just keep building that defense up and UT will be more than okay when they make the move to the SEC. See it’s possible for Aggies to say good things about the Longhorns. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Billy has always seemed like a turkey to me.

Billy is the kid that wasn’t cool enough or athletic enough to hang with the jocks, so he went and made the money so he could be cool enough to hang with the jocks.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

I can’t believe they didn’t have someone better to play at QB ...

Ol’ 35+ Sleepy Kirt has woken up. If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we’d all have a merrier Christmas. Both teams played the game with the players that they had. Would Bryce Young have a made difference? Yes. An interception, a interception there, a run from the 2 and maybe things would have been different for A&M too. We could play the infinite if game from here until the cows come home. Shockingly to some A&M fans and some of the SDC members A&M gave Bama a good game. 3-3 isn’t what we expected heading into the season. The flashes were seeing from this freshman talent, if they hang around, if Jimbo can put coaches in place to maximize their talent, maybe things will change. That doesn’t sound too far different from what UT fans wanted from Sark after Herman.

I also want to say piggyback on what Stoney said and say the offense under sark is going to be impressive. He’s probably the best in the game in creating plays that fit what he needs/wants to do with his personnel. My only concerns with him are as a HC not a OC. His entire career he’s been that guy that give you a lot of hope after a great looking win and then drops a game like the one he did against tech where you’re just like how did you manage that one. 

• Like 1