Yoe/LRA

Columbus/Hallettsville

4a

Gilmer/pg

Van/rusk

Lindale/kilgore

Edited by Tiger03lb

19 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Who’s your pick for game of the week this week? To me, and it’s not even close, is Mount Vernon at Winnsboro. Two undefeated ranked teams with high octane offenses. 

Obviously i have Winny colored glasses but its a no brainer to me especially in our neck of the woods 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Who’s your pick for game of the week this week? To me, and it’s not even close, is Mount Vernon at Winnsboro. Two undefeated ranked teams with high octane offenses. 

Why wouldnt your game of the week be between two Texas teams? Mt. Vernon is in Virginia.... interesting matchup for sure, but not the game of the week IMO

• Grumpy 2

17 minutes ago, DeKlabBeers said:

Why wouldnt your game of the week be between two Texas teams? Mt. Vernon is in Virginia.... interesting matchup for sure, but not the game of the week IMO

Just don’t. That was dumb last season and it’s still dumb this season

• LOL! 4

2 hours ago, Crawford said:

#2 Gilmer vs #3 Pleasant Grove 

Gilmer vs PG looks good on paper, but it won’t look good on the field when the dust settles.  

Winnsboro & MV game checks all the boxes.  Both 6-0.  PF and PA are almost identical.  Finney used to coach at MV, both top 10, first district game, arguably the highest profile football game ever to be played in Winnsboro, etc.

26 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Gilmer vs PG looks good on paper, but it won’t look good on the field when the dust settles.  

Winnsboro & MV game checks all the boxes.  Both 6-0.  PF and PA are almost identical.  Finney used to coach at MV, both top 10, first district game, arguably the highest profile football game ever to be played in Winnsboro, etc.

Ive been fortunate enough to see some pretty high profile games played in Winny and i cant argue with this one being very high if not at the very top of the list. 2001 Winny vs. MV, 2003 Winny vs. Gilmer are the only other two that pop into my head with being up there with this week. Obviously im only 15 days away from 36 so folks a little more aged could likely add some to the list.

If I was a neutral bystander, I'd go with Gilmer - PG for sure.

Guess I'll have to settle for Lindale - Kilgore, which in the last 3 meetings has been...

38  - 31 Lindale, District Championship Game 2020

56 - 42 Lindale, State Quarterfinal Game 2020

65 - 58 Kilgore, District Championship Game 2021

• Like 2