Jump to content

Game of the week?


Eagleborn
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 10/5/2022 at 2:41 PM, chevyman said:

Ive been fortunate enough to see some pretty high profile games played in Winny and i cant argue with this one being very high if not at the very top of the list. 2001 Winny vs. MV, 2003 Winny vs. Gilmer are the only other two that pop into my head with being up there with this week. Obviously im only 15 days away from 36 so folks a little more aged could likely add some to the list.


 Man, you just missed a huge game then.  In Mt. Vernon, 1997, Winnsboro came into the game undefeated with ridiculous stats and being ranked 8th in the state.  Peoples were everywhere, the crowd was absolutely electric…the whole game!  Mv had a great team but had a few losses going into this game.  Mv won 21-7.  Went on to be 5-0 in district and lost to PG in triple OT in first round.  Winnsboro ended up losing to Pittsburg also and just missed the playoffs.  In my time, this has been the biggest game between the two of them to date.  This game should trump it just because of where both teams are statistically and rankings.  Only bigger game might be if they were to meet again in playoffs.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, mvtiger99 said:


 Man, you just missed a huge game then.  In Mt. Vernon, 1997, Winnsboro came into the game undefeated with ridiculous stats and being ranked 8th in the state.  Peoples were everywhere, the crowd was absolutely electric…the whole game!  Mv had a great team but had a few losses going into this game.  Mv won 21-7.  Went on to be 5-0 in district and lost to PG in triple OT in first round.  Winnsboro ended up losing to Pittsburg also and just missed the playoffs.  In my time, this has been the biggest game between the two of them to date.  This game should trump it just because of where both teams are statistically and rankings.  Only bigger game might be if they were to meet again in playoffs.  

I do not remember the 1997 edition.  I’m getting old…..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

I do not remember the 1997 edition.  I’m getting old…..

I’ve heard that if you sleep on a memory foam mattress, all those memories will come back. Haha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, mvtiger99 said:

I’ve heard that if you sleep on a memory foam mattress, all those memories will come back. Haha

I remember the 99 one. Bet we fumbled 5-6 times just on the drive home from mv after i left early 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...