I can't Be the only one who has noticed this

Ijustwatch

1 hour ago, YouFish said:

Politics is infiltrating a lot of our schools. Teachers are bullies now. It's a new generations mentality.

They need teachers from the sixties and seventies mentality that will teach history, math, science, English, and bring the heat on those rear-ends. 
kick them out if they don’t want to learn. 
Teachers need to teach and not have to be parents and councilors. 

• Like 2

On 10/6/2022 at 12:49 PM, TrumpisDump said:

Yeah I think a lot of kids have moved from football because of the physicality. I think a lot has to do with the East Texas lack of factory or plant jobs. This would bring in thousands of families to the area if we had more resources. Most smaller towns don't want big corporations to infiltrate the money flow of smaller towns because it's mainly the "have and have nots". Most people have moved away from ETX because of job opportunity isn't like the city. School choice is also a big factor too. Schools can choose to send kids out for behavior or grade problems but that would be the same kid you would need in football. If you look at dominate programs such as Longview, Carthage, Gilmer, Texas High they have that type of kid. 

I can’t speak for all of East Texas, but every industrial facility in the Texarkana area is hiring. They all say the same thing, “people don’t won’t to work or their work ethic is terrible”.  May be jobs and opportunities in some areas, but not for the majority.

On 10/7/2022 at 6:57 PM, cowboyandchrist said:

They need teachers from the sixties and seventies mentality that will teach history, math, science, English, and bring the heat on those rear-ends. 

The parents are the problem. My daughter called a parent about the son mis-behaving and the mom doubted her son had misbehaved. My brother left teaching because of the parents as well as not having the ability to discipline the kids. 

• Like 1

I have been saying this for years. Don't force someone to go to school if they don't want to be there. I'm all for heating that behind up also. To bad the vast majority disagrees with this. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, swaha said:

The parents are the problem. My daughter called a parent about the son mis-behaving and the mom doubted her son had misbehaved. My brother left teaching because of the parents as well as not having the ability to discipline the kids. 

You even think about disciplining a kid now, they'll throw you under the jail.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, swaha said:

I can’t speak for all of East Texas, but every industrial facility in the Texarkana area is hiring. They all say the same thing, “people don’t won’t to work or their work ethic is terrible”.  May be jobs and opportunities in some areas, but not for the majority.

Priefert in Mt Pleasant can't hire enough people, nobody wants to work ... my son is the hiring manager in human resources there and he says they could use 30 - 40 more welders and other labor positions now and can't get them ....

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

Priefert in Mt Pleasant can't hire enough people, nobody wants to work ... my son is the hiring manager in human resources there and he says they could use 30 - 40 more welders and other labor positions now and can't get them ....

If they want people all they have to do is match wages. I worked hundreds of miles away from home for years because places in our area think skilled labor is burger flipping wages.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

7 hours ago, Couchcoach said:

If they want people all they have to do is match wages. I worked hundreds of miles away from home for years because places in our area think skilled labor is burger flipping wages.

Their welders are on piece rate and the ones that want to work make good money .... some of their best welders are women who walked in the door with zero exerience willing to learn ... out of work oulfield welders don’t do well there, they have to walk around looking at what they are doing for 45 minutes and smoke 4 or 5 cigarettes for every 15 minutes they spend actually welding ...

• Stinks 1

On 10/7/2022 at 1:21 PM, KirtFalcon said:

Garrison has been to the State Championship finals three times since 1980 ... winning one in 2003 .... all in a classifiction higher than they are currently in ..... Garrison also has one of the highest all-time wiinning percentages in the state .....

You are right, they were pretty good twenty years ago! 😁

19 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Better than most these days ... not many schools with a winning record against them ... even some higher classification schools .... 

I agree. Garrison has been pretty consistent over the years. Always known as a tough hard nosed team. I have a lot of respect for Garrison. We took some big beat downs from them. In your opinion what is going on in Bulldog nation the last few years.

The average kids don't play sports anymore in general. There are a lot of kids that just walk the halls and are not involved in any extracurricular activities. In the 90s everyone played and not just organized sports. They played in the yard and knew how to play prior to playing organized sports. 

teachers are punching bags now too...

sure, you have some bullies, but at most of our schools (all ages) it's a thin, thin fine line of how much you need to scream and hollar to get your students to "stay somewhat in line"...without being able to lay down any "real discipline".

A couple questions

Why has L-K lost so much enrollment the last 20 years?

Has HS ever made a deep run? What has happened to them this year?

Why isn't ND any better?

What's going on in EF?

A couple observations

DeKalb - I enjoy getting to see our kids compete. We may not make a state run, but I feel we get the most out of our kids. 

PP is having a down year for them, but I think they've remained very competitive and respected at least across East Texas.