Week Eight: Longview at North Mesquite

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (6-0, 3-0) at North Mesquite Stallions (2-4, 1-2)  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Forney in a close one
    • Forney in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/15/2022 at 12:00 AM

47 minutes ago, WolverBean said:

Defense definitely better then 18

Still believe '19's defense is the best we've seen under King.

But who knows the way this D keeps playing. They have a chance to surpass it.

13 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Still believe '19's defense is the best we've seen under King.

But who knows the way this D keeps playing. They have a chance to surpass it.

Did someone say defense?

2004, 2005, 2012 (healthy), 2019, 2022....🔥🔥🔥

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Sadly the rest of the schedule is just a formality until the playoffs start. 

First round is just as such talent wise at least.

I expect McNorth to be coming into Lobo though, 3-1 in district. After next last season, am sure a lot will be built around the revenge from last season etc etc.

2 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

I expect McNorth to be coming into Lobo though, 3-1 in district. After next last season, am sure a lot will be built around the revenge from last season etc etc.

I hope we all get tired of hearing that horn and howl, this night!!! IJS

Go Lobos!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

King, for better and worse, never runs the score up on opponents. He'll say stuff to rile his team up, and I expect him to remind guys who played last year about the loss, but he will call the dogs off when push comes to shove. I wanted him to absolutely smash Sulphur Springs in 08 and 09 after how their fans acted here, but he took pity on them when up 45-0 in the third quarter lol

That one McNorth fan here last year has been strangely quiet this year. 

8 hours ago, ANTI said:

Did someone say defense?

2004, 2005, 2012 (healthy), 2019, 2022....🔥🔥🔥

The defense absolutely carried us in 04. On offense we were extremely hit and miss. Could explode for 49 against North Garland and score 34 against Tyler Lee (big scores when you considered this was back when yards were earned the hard way) but could only muster 14 against Neville and Rockwall. 

We knew this 2022 defense was going to be elite. In previous years they were strong, back when it was made up of underclassmen who have since matured. 

I was telling my buddy that Coach Vallery and Coach Berry have extremely easy jobs this season. Tons of talent on both sides of the ball. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

That one McNorth fan here last year has been strangely quiet this year. 

Don't know why because I don't think they're a bad team.

When they play Forney, that'll be a good game. True toss up.

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

The defense absolutely carried us in 04. On offense we were extremely hit and miss. Could explode for 49 against North Garland and score 34 against Tyler Lee (big scores when you considered this was back when yards were earned the hard way) but could only muster 14 against Neville and Rockwall. 

We knew this 2022 defense was going to be elite. In previous years they were strong, back when it was made up of underclassmen who have since matured. 

I was telling my buddy that Coach Vallery and Coach Berry have extremely easy jobs this season. Tons of talent on both sides of the ball. 

Cortez Beall didn't start in 2004. That's how you know that defense was serious.

Of course, '97 too.

2018 was a nice defense too, don't get me wrong...as well as others...but the ones I listed are definitely the best.

More elite defenses on the horizon. I actually think next year could be even better than this year. Xaryus Sheppard, Billy Smith, Buddha Garrett, Willie Nelson, Jaiden Simmons, Chase Smith....man they're all coming back. Then you add the long awaited, highly anticipated arrival of the elite '25 LB duo Kason Brooks and Brenden Reese (who has been making plays this year as a sophomore on varsity in spot time). Franklin is another solid, big '25 LB. 

24 minutes ago, TrumpisDump said:

Lol expect me to say this same comment until 4th round of playoffs

I don't expect Longview to face much competition until at least the 18th or 19th round.

We should easily win the State, National, and Global rounds, but there's gonna be some squads in the Galactic finals that should be pretty salty. 

• LOL! 6

5 hours ago, LOL said:

I don't expect Longview to face much competition until at least the 18th or 19th round.

We should easily win the State, National, and Global rounds, but there's gonna be some squads in the Galactic finals that should be pretty salty. 

Naw lobos vs whole universe 

• LOL! 2

55 minutes ago, WolverBean said:

Didn't sub varsity already play Lufkin? I see they playing again? Why not north mesquite

Yes.

North Mesquite complained when realignment came out about travel for the sub varsity teams.

I know originally they were talking about doing a round robin type of things with zones, Longview was just suppose to play Tyler/Lufkin/Forney. But it looks like that changed and it's just North Mesq that's left off the schedule for whatever reason.