Week Eight: Longview at North Mesquite

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (6-0, 3-0) at North Mesquite Stallions (2-4, 1-2)  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Forney in a close one
    • Forney in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/15/2022 at 12:00 AM

55 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Yes.

North Mesquite complained when realignment came out about travel for the sub varsity teams.

I know originally they were talking about doing a round robin type of things with zones, Longview was just suppose to play Tyler/Lufkin/Forney. But it looks like that changed and it's just North Mesq that's left off the schedule for whatever reason.

On Friday, our varsity will deliver the message on behalf of the JV and freshman....💥💥💥💥

• Like 2

On 10/8/2022 at 1:08 AM, LoboFan07 said:

The second half points is what is baffling. 

95-8 in the second half, 53-0 in the 4th alone.

Marshall’s third quarter score followed by the trick two pointer have been the only points scored against us in the second half this season.

We've had multiple goal line stands along the way. The other team has definitely had chances. Heck, we gave them two prime chances tonight. We muffed the kickoff, started on our 32. Then we had a horrible snap on the punt and they started on our 29. They didn’t get a single first down on either drive.

Just beyond impressive from our D.

Feels like #1 contender. No clear hurdle including Ryan. Longview is  impressive.

Edited by Mojo1000

7 hours ago, Mojo1000 said:

Carthage as well. I would be shocked if both didn’t win it all.

We’ve still had way too many heartbreaks over the years for me not to feel some uncertainty. 

One week, one game, one half, one quarter, one drive, one down at a time. It’s been an extremely fun season thus far. Just gotta keep on keeping on.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

We’ve still had way too many heartbreaks over the years for me not to feel some uncertainty. 

One week, one game, one half, one quarter, one drive, one down at a time. It’s been an extremely fun season thus far. Just gotta keep on keeping on.

I agree just fun seeing the full potential. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Mojo1000 said:

I believe this is the Lobos year. I haven’t really seen anyone that really as impressive as Longview. 

We shall see other teams may peak come playoff time we have had teams in past that peaked during regular season then then we bow out in playoffs 

27 minutes ago, WolverBean said:

When was the last time we only had one win going into week7 cough Tyler knows far to well about that 😂

Going into week 7? 1963, we were 1-5 going into the Marshall game and won.

1963, 1952 (had won in week 6 but had to forfeit), 1948 and 1916. That's it in our history.

Edited by LoboFan07
  • Wow 1