Week Eight: Longview at North Mesquite

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (6-0, 3-0) at North Mesquite Stallions (2-4, 1-2)  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Forney in a close one
    • Forney in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/15/2022 at 12:00 AM

Glad Willie got a pick. 
This win felt super ugly and sloppy. A win is a win. On the road, even better. Lots to clean up as always. Get guys healthy. Reminded me a bit of that year we played Ruston in Ruston when Joel Armstrong was having meniscus surgery and we won 14-0. Really sloppy and ugly but we’ll always take a win. 

• Like 1

Missing key players (and staff), mistakes all over the field, penalties everywhere (some legit, some not), playing an extremely dirty team, a horrible reffing crew.

Just glad we got out of there with a big win with no injuries or ejections.

• Like 5

I know you can't really coach field awareness. It's one of those "intangibles" a person just has or doesn't. I sure would like to see QB1 develop that area though. The TD run he had that was called back was 100% on him. He had a wide open slot to the inside of his tackle he could have more easily gone through without even the slightest need for his holding. However, he took it to the outside and the tackle's only option was to hold or get his QB clobbered. Every other scramble saw QB1 run directly into a defender 

6 minutes ago, Five0pd310 said:

I know you can't really coach field awareness. It's one of those "intangibles" a person just has or doesn't. I sure would like to see QB1 develop that area though. The TD run he had that was called back was 100% on him. He had a wide open slot to the inside of his tackle he could have more easily gone through without even the slightest need for his holding. However, he took it to the outside and the tackle's only option was to hold or get his QB clobbered. Every other scramble saw QB1 run directly into a defender 

Honestly, he is what he is at this point (from a Longview stand point).

My week, every week at this point, is that he continues to be the average QB that he is with spurts of above average play with no similar game to the McKinney North game he had last season. That sounds harsh a bit, but just where my mindset has been with him all year.

He's greatly improved from sophomore/junior years, there's no question. But my reservations will always be there just because of his past showings. I don't think the coaching staff, or whomever was calling plays last night, did him any services (just like they didn't against Lancaster).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

Honestly, he is what he is at this point (from a Longview stand point).

My week, every week at this point, is that he continues to be the average QB that he is with spurts of above average play with no similar game to the McKinney North game he had last season. That sounds harsh a bit, but just where my mindset has been with him all year.

He's greatly improved from sophomore/junior years, there's no question. But my reservations will always be there just because of his past showings. I don't think the coaching staff, or whomever was calling plays last night, did him any services (just like they didn't against Lancaster).

All true. I have no reservations about admitting how much his passing has improved this year. Doesn't even look like the same guy. It's just the scrambling. He's plenty fast enough, but it just seems like his brain goes into vapor lock when it's time to escape. I swear it's like he sees the opposite jersey intentionally runs right at it or chooses a path that makes it 1000 times harder on himself. Lol

• Thanks 1