New Waverly vs. Hemphill

HeatTested

Who takes this one?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes this one?

• NW
    • HH

This poll is closed to new votes

Is there a better route to being 2nd or 3rd? If you are 2nd you matchup with the district 9 champ in the first round. If you are 3rd you matchup with the district 10 champ in the 2nd round. Not that you ever want to lose a game, but I might go out on a limb and say if this is a competitive contest that the loser will get over it rather quickly when they realize their playoff route to a deep run probably got a little bit easier by finishing 3rd. 

13 hours ago, villagegenius said:

Is there a better route to being 2nd or 3rd? If you are 2nd you matchup with the district 9 champ in the first round. If you are 3rd you matchup with the district 10 champ in the 2nd round. Not that you ever want to lose a game, but I might go out on a limb and say if this is a competitive contest that the loser will get over it rather quickly when they realize their playoff route to a deep run probably got a little bit easier by finishing 3rd. 

its 1v4 2v3 

district 12 plays 11 and 9 plays 10 

2 hours ago, NewtonBaller said:

He is talking about the second round matchup. Playing Dekalb vs playing West Rusk.

Correct. 2nd round game. I would guess 3rd is probably the best bet, but your first round game gets real interesting at that point. If I’m picking which team I have to play out of De Kalb or West Rusk I’d think De Kalb would be the common pick. 

35 minutes ago, SAPACK1 said:

I wonder how Hemphill and New Waverly match up with Waskom and Harmony? 

Waskom will have the most athletes out of all involved. They aren’t the last few years Waskom but they are still there. Type of team who if they put it all together can really get after folks, but don’t think they’ve clicked all the way yet. 

Harmony is very similar to New Waverly in how they play, but NW probably holds the athletic advantage. Harmony does have some big size, more so than Waskom for sure. 

Any combination of these games would be good ones. Id think Waskom would be the “favorite” over either of the 2, but not by much and then Harmony would be the other dog to either of the 2. 

Hemphill has turned the ball over several times and committed penalty after penalty......  they are playing horrible!!  Hopefully they will come out a different team in the 2nd half.  New Waverly is pretty good, very good passing game.