Winnsboro @ Pottsboro 10/14

chevyman

Winnsboro @ Pottsboro   

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the battle of the boros.....

This poll is closed to new votes

Winnsboro had a great win, but Pottsboro is not someone to sleep on. They have been riding under the radar with the lone loss coming from a very talented undefeated whitesboro. With similar offensive style can winnsboro lock down the spread when facing multiple talented WRs? Prediction - Great film study… Winnsboro by 7. 

• Like 2

The most important benefit (besides being a district win) from the win over MV and what will affect the rest of the season and playoffs is HOW the Raiders won. Winny came in completely one dimensional of offense. Good defenses/teams love to scheme against these types of offenses. What Winny did by beating a very good MV team by almost completely switching their offense to a ground and pound attack sent shock waves to the defensive coaches that have to spend hours and hours studying video.

Now, what do you do as a defensive coach? Load up the box and stop the run? Go to an extra safety and stop the pass?  Or just play a base defense and hope you can match up? That's why the WAY Winny won was incredibly important...gonna be lots of extra hours spent by the teams Winny faces from here on out trying to figure it out!! And lots of fun watching how defenses try to stop Winny's offense and how Winny takes advantage of the defenses the teams use!!! 

Winny by 14

• Like 1

Guest Tiger03lb
11 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

The most important benefit (besides being a district win) from the win over MV and what will affect the rest of the season and playoffs is HOW the Raiders won. Winny came in completely one dimensional of offense. Good defenses/teams love to scheme against these types of offenses. What Winny did by beating a very good MV team by almost completely switching their offense to a ground and pound attack sent shock waves to the defensive coaches that have to spend hours and hours studying video.

Now, what do you do as a defensive coach? Load up the box and stop the run? Go to an extra safety and stop the pass?  Or just play a base defense and hope you can match up? That's why the WAY Winny won was incredibly important...gonna be lots of extra hours spent by the teams Winny faces from here on out trying to figure it out!! And lots of fun watching how defenses try to stop Winny's offense and how Winny takes advantage of the defenses the teams use!!! 

Winny by 14

Y'alls offense reminds me of Potts a few years ago. Especially with the QB play. I knew from seeing Finny earlier that he could run it some but did really well last night. 

Imo, MV had the right scheme, just didn't make the adjustments and got out coached. 

Whomever faces Winny, their defense will need to or have to have enough athletes to keep up with the offense. 

Potts may have trouble with the run but I think they can hang with the passing of Winny. But Potts also can put up points passing or running the ball. 

Should be a good game. 

4 hours ago, chevyman said:

Pottsboro is better than MV in their current offensive state by just a little bit. It will be a big challenge for us but i know these kids are hungry and will be ready.

I agree with you but I think MV's defense is much better than Pottsboro's...If it hadn't been for MV's defense that game would have been a blow out early. Winny will be able to score a lot more points this week. Potts will score some points but Winny's offense will control the game!

2 hours ago, blesseddaily said:

I agree with you but I think MV's defense is much better than Pottsboro's...If it hadn't been for MV's defense that game would have been a blow out early. Winny will be able to score a lot more points this week. Potts will score some points but Winny's offense will control the game!

Potts may try the same prevent defense that MV did vs Winnsboro.  Not sure if they have the dudes up front to stop Winnsboro’s run game though.

Guest Tiger03lb
40 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Potts may try the same prevent defense that MV did vs Winnsboro.  Not sure if they have the dudes up front to stop Winnsboro’s run game though.

It'll be interesting to see if they can or not. Completely different run styles with Finny than Pendergrass. 

This maybe a shoot out. 

I'm almost tempted to go this game. 

9 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

They have some big boys up front on both sides of the ball. QB runs and throws pretty well. RB is a dude. Will be a great challenge.

2 minutes ago, chevyman said:

They have some big boys up front on both sides of the ball. QB runs and throws pretty well. RB is a dude. Will be a great challenge.

We had a couple of big boys. But a dude from a team not named did shady stuff so big boys are out. 

Guest Tiger03lb

Stop beating around the brush and say it. Yes, you Eagleborn. The Eagleborn. 

Next man up, right? Or you guys out of them now?

3 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

Stop beating around the brush and say it. Yes, you Eagleborn. The Eagleborn. 

Next man up, right? Or you guys out of them now?

Next man up has nothing to do with dirty play. It’s cool though. You can do your lil sarcastic crying emoji over high school kids getting purposely hurt. You should be proud. 

Edited by Eagleborn

Guest Tiger03lb
7 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Next man up has nothing to do with dirty play. It’s cool though. You can do your lil sarcastic crying emoji over high school kids getting purposely hurt. You should be proud. 

Still beating around the bush I see. If it was a so called dirty play, call it out then instead dragging it out. 

Stop changing the narrative. I never said anything about the kid or even mentioned his name. You Eagleborn are the one  accusing a kid in harming another kid/s. 

Yes you crying about it and probably will the rest of the season. Don't get all butthurt when I put a crying emoji on your post, and putting my opinion out there in that. Just proving my point. 

This is football. Injuries happen. Every man knows this when stepping out on that field. So yes, next man up and keep moving on, instead of crying about it. You should know that I don't want to see Injuries to young men in high school but it's apart of the game. 

Guest Tiger03lb
5 minutes ago, TrumpisDump said:

Thankfully I will be in attendance for this game. The wife can't hold me back this Friday. I want to see how good winny is. When will tickets go on sale or will they sell at the gate?

Tickets are at the gate. May want to get there a little early. Parking isn't the greatest there.

Edited by Tiger03lb

On 10/8/2022 at 9:58 PM, gamewatcher63 said:

Trap game…..

I believe it is a trap game, also. A lot of preparation and energy went into the rivalry game against Mt. Vernon and now they have to play a good Pottsboro team. I am still picking Winnsboro to win, but you never know. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, blesseddaily said:

@chevyman I read that Winny was trying to get the equipment together to video and livestream the games but couldn't get it in place in time for the Mt. Vernon game...how about this week?? Any luck? Sure hope so!! I miss being there so much!!!

Its been on back order to the best of my knowledge so not certain when it will be up and going 

1 minute ago, chevyman said:

Its been on back order to the best of my knowledge so not certain when it will be up and going 

Ok! Not surprised at all...we had to wait 4 months for a part to fix our car so nothing about the supply chain interruptions would surprise me!! Oh well, the radio guys do a great job so I will be tuning in!! Best of luck!!