Week 8: Jefferson at Atlanta

Sportsjunkiee

Week 8: Jefferson at Atlanat  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, Jeffersondawgs96 said:

Jefferson defense literally causing havoc and turnovers.  So far Atl offense has been nonexistent.  I'm sure they'll have a nice sooner or later. 

In Atlantas defense, they haven’t really had an offense all season. So y’all ain’t doing anything special. 

2 minutes ago, Jeffersondawgs96 said:

Either both defenses were good or both offenses stunk.  Those offensive numbers for both teams were horrible.  Take the last snap away from Atl and we hold them under 100 yards of offense.  I sure hated to see both teams get all those unsportsmanlike flags. It was getting real chippy out there

Both defenses played lights out. 

Best defensive performance I’ve seen in years. Hats off to both teams, but Jefferson DC deserves this one along with the team. There was some popping going on tonight and Idgad how many points atl puts up on avg bc they worked for every single yard tonight! And btw, that game was fought in the trenches! 

Hats off to Jeffy. They made some great adjustments and figured out some ways to move the ball. 

They did a few things I felt Atlanta struggled with, and one was getting the ball in the hands of your playmakers. #20 and #22 are going to be a great duo, but the absence of #4 and #9 in the backfield was odd to me. Not sure how much of a difference it would have made, as Jefferson won the battle up front on what seemed like every single snap. The edge rushers came across almost untouched it seemed. Atlanta's QB ran for his life all night. 

Atlanta's late touchdown went to possibly the fastest kid on the field. He only played a handful of snaps on offense. Atlanta and Jeffy both had a wide open touchdown pass dropped, which was wild. 

I know the absence of #3 hurt, but #5 is a dawg. They found all sorts of ways to get him the ball, and that was a huge difference maker. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tabasco said:

Best defensive performance I’ve seen in years. Hats off to both teams, but Jefferson DC deserves this one along with the team. There was some popping going on tonight and Idgad how many points atl puts up on avg bc they worked for every single yard tonight! And btw, that game was fought in the trenches! 

They did. Lots of big hits. I haven't seen 2 teams going at it like that in a while it feels like. 

1 minute ago, H3llR4z0r said:

They did. Lots of big hits. I haven't seen 2 teams going at it like that in a while it feels like. 

It felt like the old days for sure. Don’t think I’ve ever seen a game where they didn’t let the teams shake hands after the game either

• Like 1

I will admit when I’m wrong, Jefferson is better than what I thought. Better clean some the extra curricular stuff up though. Several players threw punches, that didn’t get caught. The refs let that go way to long.  It was a great defensive game though. As far as Atlanta offense, gotta figure it out. People can talk offense line all they want to but it simple mathematics. Jefferson rushed 5 to 6, we have 5 to 6 blockers. Then Jefferson linebackers stepped in holes and made plays. Jefferson edge guys read the boot really well. Very athletic.
The difference is, their backend is good enough for them to do that. The safety, #7 is pretty dynamic. The cb closed on some balls last night, that makes you go wow. Our youth showed its head a little last night. That’s ok though, will definitely be better for it in the long run. Now, Atlanta defense was pretty salty themselves. Holding that offense to two touchdowns. There was definitely some licks being traded last night.  Side note, that touchdown for us in the 4th qtr was way bigger than most people think. I would rather be -8, instead of -16. Three way tie is possible.  On to next week. 

Edited by Dadgoat
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dadgoat said:

I will admit when I’m wrong, Jefferson is better than what I thought. Better clean some the extra curricular stuff up though. Several players threw punches, that didn’t get caught. The refs let that go way to long.  It was a great defensive game though. As far as Atlanta offense, gotta figure it out. People can talk offense line all they want to but it simple mathematics. Jefferson rushed 5 to 6, we have 5 to 6 blockers. Then Jefferson linebackers stepped in holes and made plays. Jefferson edge guys read the boot really well. Very athletic.
The difference is, their backend is good enough for them to do that. The safety, #7 is pretty talented. The cb closed on some balls last night, that makes you go wow. Our youth showed its head a little last night. That’s ok though, will definitely be better for it in the long run. Now, Atlanta defense was pretty salty themselves. Holding that offense to two touchdowns. There was definitely some licks being traded last night.  Side note, that touchdown for us in the 4th qtr was way bigger than most people think. I would rather be -8, instead of -16. Three way tie is possible.  On to next week. 

Yes, Jefferson is better than I thought also.  We need to figure some things out on offense cause they stacked the box and dared us to throw on them.  We couldn't do that cause of the pressure.  The oline couldn't hold up with that many guys in the box.  Jefferson just showed how to stop our run game and I'm sure we will see that the rest of the year.  Should have been 10-8 but a costly turnover inside our 5 cost that easy td.  

• Like 1