Week 8: Jefferson at Atlanta

Sportsjunkiee

Week 8: Jefferson at Atlanat  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

3 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Hope Williams will be alright. Was kinda hard to see what happened because the play went away from the camera. Did see some Atlanta players celebrating something afterwards. 

I'm sure some of those boys were keyed in on stopping Kam. Gotta remember, he was in Atlanta for a bit and played with these boys, then left and all they've heard is how well he's doing in Jefferson. There's definitely some animosity there. They weren't celebrating past the immediate aftermath of the play though.

• Like 1

Just now, H3llR4z0r said:

I'm sure some of those boys were keyed in on stopping Kam. Gotta remember, he was in Atlanta for a bit and played with these boys, then left and all they've heard is how well he's doing in Jefferson. There's definitely some animosity there. They weren't celebrating past the immediate aftermath of the play though.

I believe you. 

Hard game to watch. Lots of nothing happening fast if that makes sense. I feel like this game should of had a 7 man crew as well. 

1 minute ago, Eagleborn said:

I believe you. 

Hard game to watch. Lots of nothing happening fast if that makes sense. I feel like this game should of had a 7 man crew as well. 

It got extremely chippy. I can give you several different times where there was a late hit, or punches thrown. 

I'm trying to find the clip where our back did a front flip and was shook up. I'm 99% sure I heard a chant from the Jeffy side while he was down. 

9 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I know the absence of #3 hurt, but #5 is a dawg. They found all sorts of ways to get him the ball, and that was a huge difference maker. 

I firmly feel #5 McMullen is the best weapon on that team. Kam is good but McMullen is it in my opinion.

21 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

It got extremely chippy. I can give you several different times where there was a late hit, or punches thrown. 

I'm trying to find the clip where our back did a front flip and was shook up. I'm 99% sure I heard a chant from the Jeffy side while he was down. 

Yes you did hear them celebrating/canting when our guy was down.

Ultimately the turnovers proved extremely costly. The only drive Atlanta really put together through the first 45 minutes of the game was ended with a fumble. We have got to find a way to hang on to the ball. I hate to sound like Charlie but, Donnie, you got to hold on to the football. 

3 minutes ago, DoubleTeam said:

There was no celebration of an injured player. When the kid made a big hit they were chanting his nickname, as soon as they noticed he was hurt, it stopped. There was a lot of big hits from both teams. 

I got you. It just sounded bad from out side lol. I went back and tried to make out what it was. 

1 hour ago, Dadgoat said:

I will admit when I’m wrong, Jefferson is better than what I thought. Better clean some the extra curricular stuff up though. Several players threw punches, that didn’t get caught. The refs let that go way to long.  It was a great defensive game though. As far as Atlanta offense, gotta figure it out. People can talk offense line all they want to but it simple mathematics. Jefferson rushed 5 to 6, we have 5 to 6 blockers. Then Jefferson linebackers stepped in holes and made plays. Jefferson edge guys read the boot really well. Very athletic.
The difference is, their backend is good enough for them to do that. The safety, #7 is pretty dynamic. The cb closed on some balls last night, that makes you go wow. Our youth showed its head a little last night. That’s ok though, will definitely be better for it in the long run. Now, Atlanta defense was pretty salty themselves. Holding that offense to two touchdowns. There was definitely some licks being traded last night.  Side note, that touchdown for us in the 4th qtr was way bigger than most people think. I would rather be -8, instead of -16. Three way tie is possible.  On to next week. 

3 way tie for what 4th place😁

• LOL! 1

I watched the 2nd half of this game on NFHS.....you can still go back and watch the whole game. Two very tough D's and some quality athletes on both sides.  The game did not disappoint.  Atlanta's QB makes an absolutely PERFECT long ball dime to his deep receiver in a play that may have won it for Atlanta....and it goes right thru his hands. He must have not watched it all the way into his hands.....only explanation. He had the defender beat for sure.  Just a perfect pass on the long ball.....with the perfect trajectory......very impressive for sure.  Regardless, it was a great game by both squads.

This game mirrored the UT/Iowa State game today...both teams dropped sure touchdown passes.  Jefferson hit #5 inside the 10 and he dropped it with no one around.  This was a very physical game with both teams showing great intensity.  Both teams got personal fouls and unsportsmanlike conduct penalties, but only one player was ejected and that was in the last minute of the game.

9 hours ago, IronWall913 said:

Yes you did hear them celebrating/canting when our guy was down.

We 100% were not cheering because a kid was hurt. We were chanting "Wooda". That's the nickname for #70 after he made a good stop. He became a sensation sorta after running the punt back against White Oak

Edited by Jeffersondawgs96
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

Where the hell have you been? Lol, that's all anybody that doesn't have a maroon A for their avatar has been saying for the last 3 weeks lol. 

That's not true lol. We've been saying for weeks that the offense was a work in progress. Everyone was wondering why we weren't beating teams by larger margins, and we said multiple times that this isn't a high powered offense. Very TOP based and very ground and pound. 

• Like 1