My Week 8 3A DI Rankings

Yoe09

RETIREDFAN1
This post was recognized by RETIREDFAN1!

Yoe09 was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 5 points.

1. Franklin - OFF
2. Columbus - W 35-13 over Hallettsville
3. Brock - OFF
4. Cameron Yoe - W 48-13 over Little River Academy 
5. Lorena - W 49-21 over McGregor
6. West - W 56-0 over Dallas A+
7. Grandview - W 73-14 over Dallas Gateway  
8. Malakoff - W 32-18 over Teague 
9. Bushland - W 34-0 over Muleshoe
10. Winnsboro - W 28-14 over Mt. Vernon 
11. Hitchcock - W 49-20 over Yoakum 
12. Whitesboro - W 61-13 over Peaster 
13. Mount Vernon - L 28-14 to Winnsboro
14. Edna - W 45-0 over Palacios  
15. Breckenridge - W 42-0 over Iowa Park 
16. Hallettsville - L 35-13 to Columbus
17. Diboll - OFF 
18. Woodville - W 18-8 over Coldspring 
19. Llano - W 21-14 over Randolph
T20. Pottsboro - W 55-14 over Bonham 
T20. Shallowater - OFF   
T20. Tatum - W 28-22 over Gladewater 
T20. Paradise - W 33-13 over Boyd 

Others: Industrial, Orangefield, Goliad
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Yoe09 said:
1. Franklin - OFF
2. Columbus - W 35-13 over Hallettsville
3. Brock - OFF
4. Cameron Yoe - W 48-13 over Little River Academy 
5. Lorena - W 49-21 over McGregor
6. West - W 56-0 over Dallas A+
7. Grandview - W 73-14 over Dallas Gateway  
8. Malakoff - W 32-18 over Teague 
9. Bushland - W 34-0 over Muleshoe
10. Winnsboro - W 28-14 over Mt. Vernon 
11. Hitchcock - W 49-20 over Yoakum 
12. Whitesboro - W 61-13 over Peaster 
13. Mount Vernon - L 28-14 to Winnsboro
14. Edna - W 45-0 over Palacios  
15. Breckenridge - W 42-0 over Iowa Park 
16. Hallettsville - L 35-13 to Columbus
17. Diboll - OFF 
18. Woodville - W 18-8 over Coldspring 
19. Llano - W 21-14 over Randolph
T20. Pottsboro - W 55-14 over Bonham 
T20. Shallowater - OFF   
T20. Tatum - W 28-22 over Gladewater 
T20. Paradise - W 33-13 over Boyd 

Others: Industrial, Orangefield, Goliad

09 you’re pretty much staying the course. 
Offensively Yoe’s  line is getting better weekly.  Running, passing who knows what you’ll get. 
Defensively the line play is coming around nicely. 
Once they get a few kids back from nagging injuries, let’s just say this district race is getting interesting. 
If the LRA doesn’t get well quick their season is a wash. 

Top 10 Breakdown

Region I: 2

Region II: 4

Region III: 4

Region IV: 0

Edna is really the only team I could consider for the top 10 out of region IV.  I know DCTF has Llano in there, but I just don't see it right now.  The SOS is not there and that 7-point win over Randolph was not all that impressive to me.  

13 minutes ago, player73 said:

Not sold on Yoe being a top 10 team. Defense has given 40 plus points in three big games. 

I think Cameron is a top 10 team.  Now, I could see the argument that the 7-10 spot may be more accurate.  That all comes down to me potentially not lowering Lorena enough.  Time will tell on all of that.  There are still plenty of big games upcoming.  

3 minutes ago, THEHARDWAY said:

Everyone is sleeping on Bushland…….

Bushland is undefeated, and knocked off what was the number 8 4ad1 team. Yoe lost to Waco Caonnaly, and has two losses total. What is the logic behind Bushland at 9 and Yoe at 4?

Not complaining, just honestly curious. 

Guest Tiger03lb
28 minutes ago, THEHARDWAY said:

Bushland is undefeated, and knocked off what was the number 8 4ad1 team. Yoe lost to Waco Caonnaly, and has two losses total. What is the logic behind Bushland at 9 and Yoe at 4?

Not complaining, just honestly curious. 

Imo, it would be strength in schedule. They played two top 10 teams Connally and Bellville and Bellville is just very good this year and depending on what poll you look at Lago vista is a top 20/25 team as well. Then add in Lorena a top 5/10 team. 

Then look at yoe the team this year. They are getting there on their defense but the offense is doing well and with starting players out. If those two teams were to play, I'd pick Yoe to win with their offense. 

I've seen Bushland on film and they look good. I don't think anyone is sleeping on them. As some polls have them at the #1 spot. 

We'll find out in 3 weeks when they play Franklin where they stand. 

With regards to region I, I still have Brock as my favorite, so that is why Bushland is a little lower.  If I did not still feel as strongly about Brock, I'd have Bushland in the 3 slot and Brock at 9.  I could certainly be wrong, and that will play out over time.  

On a side note, Bushland has been the highest rising team out there.  They are opening a lot of eyes and have been fairly dominant.  

Edited by Yoe09

16 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

Imo, it would be strength in schedule. They played two top 10 teams Connally and Bellville and Bellville is just very good this year and depending on what poll you look at Lago vista is a top 20/25 team as well. Then add in Lorena a top 5/10 team. 

Then look at yoe the team this year. They are getting there on their defense but the offense is doing well and with starting players out. If those two teams were to play, I'd pick Yoe to win with their offense. 

I've seen Bushland on film and they look good. I don't think anyone is sleeping on them. As some polls have them at the #1 spot. 

We'll find out in 3 weeks when they play Franklin where they stand. 

I feel ya. One thing I think that’s interesting about Bushland is this. They are running the 10-1, which was designed to stop run/snide stuff. The spread was supposedly a neutralizer for it. However, Bushland thrives on stopping the spread. We lined up in a tight/heavy package (basically a wing T) and moved the ball fine. 

I think a team like Franklin would be a bad matchup for them. 

Guest Tiger03lb
23 minutes ago, THEHARDWAY said:

I feel ya. One thing I think that’s interesting about Bushland is this. They are running the 10-1, which was designed to stop run/snide stuff. The spread was supposedly a neutralizer for it. However, Bushland thrives on stopping the spread. We lined up in a tight/heavy package (basically a wing T) and moved the ball fine. 

I think a team like Franklin would be a bad matchup for them. 

Usually have to play that scheme very well and have the right personnel. Brock ran it good but we were able to run it on them up the middle at that. 

I honestly think Brock could beat them if they play. 

On 10/8/2022 at 11:07 PM, player73 said:

Not sold on Yoe being a top 10 team. Defense has given 40 plus points in three big games. 

I agree that giving up 40+ is a big deal, and could come back to haunt you later down the line in big games. But as 79 said earlier, their D is getting better each week.

The real question is; who can stop the Yoe offense? They're a 2 headed monster that can beat you in the air and/or ground. Choose your poison. 

9 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

Usually have to play that scheme very well and have the right personnel. Brock ran it good but we were able to run it on them up the middle at that. 

I honestly think Brock could beat them if they play. 

I have seen them a few times this year. From what I have seen this year, I don’t think they can. From what/who Brock has been, I think they might. If each team plays to their potential, I think we will get to find out!