WEEK 8: Marshall (4-3), (2-1) Vs. Texas High (5-1), (2-0)

Mavchamp

Marshall Vs. Texas High  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Texas High in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Texas High in a blowout
    • Marshall in a blowout

This poll is closed to new votes

3 hours ago, EAST80MAVERICK said:

well, can't beat the refs too

Oh Lord......always get one of these.    Texas High got a couple of terrible calls early against them.  And the play you are probably talking about was whether the Marshall runner made the 1st down.  I thought he did by inches (yes it was close but I thought he made it on 3rd down), but sure didn't think he made it on 4th.

3 minutes ago, THSfanatic said:

Oh Lord......always get one of these.    Texas High got a couple of terrible calls early against them.  And the play you are probably talking about was whether the Marshall runner made the 1st down.  I thought he did by inches (yes it was close but I thought he made it on 3rd down), but sure didn't think he made it on 4th.

Y'all shouldn't be talking bad about refs.....🤣😂

8 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Man. I’m proud of this team.  No matter what happens  

Just went toe to toe with the #7 team in the state in their own backyard. 

Started watching this game in the 3rd. Felt like both the teams played well on offense and battled. Marshall was better than I thought. Good game. 

23 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Great game after reading the post. 
Marshall needs to play like that every time they take the field. Texas High is ranked number 7 for a reason and you guys almost beat them in their house. 
Marshall is heading in the right direction. 
Hope you guys win out and make some noise in the playoffs. 

Actually in Dave Campbell's Texas Football THS is ranked #4.

First of all, this was a really exciting football game.  I know there wasn't much defense played but that's okay, offensive football is much more entertaining (have you watched some of these 9-6 NFL games lately?).  Marshall was way better than I thought they would be and seem to be picking up their new coach's system at the right time.  I'm just glad that the Tigers got out of there with a win and hopefully they will find a way to get better defensively.  Good luck to Marshall the rest of the way, they gave Texas High all they could handle!

1 hour ago, RogerDorn said:

Good game for both teams going forward ! 
Marshall was needing a win and played like it. 

With Hallsville getting beat by Whitehouse I would think Marshall still has a chance at a first round home game 

Seems like it will be....

Texas High

Marshall/Hallsville

Marshall/Hallsville

Whitehouse/Pine Tree/Mount Pleasant 

• Like 1

The best offense in the district is Whitehouse, way too many weapons. That’s not a homer call, that’s facts and stats. You’ll have to get in a track meet with them and hope you don’t turn it over, otherwise they’ll score every possession. Or play keep away. So if they win out, they’ll host. 

Hallsville has the best player in the district. He’s very special. Again, their only hope is to score every possession, they have zero ability to stop anyone. I’ve seen them twice and their qb is the best player on the field, he just needs help.

1 hour ago, Ace1122 said:

The best offense in the district is Whitehouse, way too many weapons. That’s not a homer call, that’s facts and stats. You’ll have to get in a track meet with them and hope you don’t turn it over, otherwise they’ll score every possession. Or play keep away. So if they win out, they’ll host. 

Hallsville has the best player in the district. He’s very special. Again, their only hope is to score every possession, they have zero ability to stop anyone. I’ve seen them twice and their qb is the best player on the field, he just needs help.

Fair assessment for sure. Having seen WH and Hallsville, I'm curious what's your prediction for final standings? 

3 hours ago, tomlandry said:

Seems like it will be....

Texas High

Marshall/Hallsville

Marshall/Hallsville

Whitehouse/Pine Tree/Mount Pleasant 

Marshall has Whitehouse and Nac left . If they win out though I would think puts them in 2nd

1 hour ago, tomlandry said:

Fair assessment for sure. Having seen WH and Hallsville, I'm curious what's your prediction for final standings? 

T High

WH

Hallsville

Marshall

Marshall at WH the last week will decide alot I’m sure.

Edited by Ace1122

18 minutes ago, RogerDorn said:

Marshall has Whitehouse and Nac left . If they win out though I would think puts them in 2nd

Some mathematic gymnastics to see how it would all pan out If Marshall, Whitehouse, and Hallsville all ended (4-2).....With all the bad defenses in this district....no one is safe from an upset. 

MP is lurking....and they are better than their record shows.  Hallsville would be unwise to overlook PT.  And while Nac is a huge question mark....they already got an upset this year. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Some mathematic gymnastics to see how it would all pan out If Marshall, Whitehouse, and Hallsville all ended (4-2).....With all the bad defenses in this district....no one is safe from an upset. 

MP is lurking....and they are better than their record shows.  Hallsville would be unwise to overlook PT.  And while Nac is a huge question mark....they already got an upset this year. 

There’s no question mark for Nac. With lack of depth and grades and injuries we won’t put up much of a fight these next two games

3 minutes ago, nacdragon07 said:

There’s no question mark for Nac. With lack of depth and grades and injuries we won’t put up much of a fight these next two games

Maybe so.....but I don't think it would be wise to overlook them.  

And considering they are up next for Marshall....I certainly won't be looking past them......

ALTHOUGH ...my mind might be elsewhere that game.... as soon as that game is over....I'm headed to Galveston to get on a cruise ship and heading to Cozumel...then home just in time for the WH game.

These last three weeks will all be very interesting games. It seems like anyone can beat anybody on any night! 

Hallsville QB is a great player and kid. Whitehouse QB is a special player too with lots of weapons to choose from. It was a great game last night by both offenses. 

3 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Marshall would have to beat whitehouse by more than Hallsville beat Marshall if I had to guess . 

20 minutes ago, RogerDorn said:

Marshall would have to beat whitehouse by more than Hallsville beat Marshall if I had to guess . 

If 3-way tie between WH, Marshall and Hville……..Hallsville is locked at minus 10………..Marshall is negative 4 and WH is plus 14

If Marshall beats WH by 9 then they would both be plus 5…….Most district rules would give the better seeding to Marshall based on the win between them. 

• Like 1