Liger01

LE vs Gilmer  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Gilmer
    • LE

This poll is closed to new votes

A few quick observations:

1.  Football is about matchups, and I think this was a more difficult matchup for Gilmer than PG.  forget the final score:  this was a 28-20 Gilmer lead with LE driving to tie the score right before halftime.  With PG, once Gilmer stopped the running game, it was basically game over.  But LE threw the ball very well, and it took Gilmer time to adjust.

2.  This game did show the benefit of getting the second half kickoff.  Gilmer was only up 28-20, but they got the pick six right before halftime.  Then they took the opening kickoff of the second half and scored in two plays.  Suddenly, an 8 point game was a 22 pt game, and all the wind went out of the sails of PG.

3.  This also shows the importance of special teams.  Gilmer downed a punt inside the 10, returned a punt for a TD, and in essence recovered 3 onside kicks (even though only one was intentional).

4.  Gilmer did make good second half adjustments, particularly to the running game.  In the first half, they kept trying to get to the edge, and LE was shutting in down.  Most o the second half was spent running off tackle.  The O line of Gilmer played much better in the 2nd half.

5.  LE vs PG will be a good game.  LE has a chance to win.  If they can stop the running game of PG, I think they will.  But again, it’s all about matchups.

A good win for Gilmer.  They took a close game and dominated the 3rd quarter to put the game away.  They just need to stay focused now, as the schedule is pretty weak until the playoffs.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, CasualObserver70 said:

A few quick observations:

1.  Football is about matchups, and I think this was a more difficult matchup for Gilmer than PG.  forget the final score:  this was a 28-20 Gilmer lead with LE driving to tie the score right before halftime.  With PG, once Gilmer stopped the running game, it was basically game over.  But LE threw the ball very well, and it took Gilmer time to adjust.

2.  This game did show the benefit of getting the second half kickoff.  Gilmer was only up 28-20, but they got the pick six right before halftime.  Then they took the opening kickoff of the second half and scored in two plays.  Suddenly, an 8 point game was a 22 pt game, and all the wind went out of the sails of PG.

3.  This also shows the importance of special teams.  Gilmer downed a punt inside the 10, returned a punt for a TD, and in essence recovered 3 onside kicks (even though only one was intentional).

4.  Gilmer did make good second half adjustments, particularly to the running game.  In the first half, they kept trying to get to the edge, and LE was shutting in down.  Most o the second half was spent running off tackle.  The O line of Gilmer played much better in the 2nd half.

5.  LE vs PG will be a good game.  LE has a chance to win.  If they can stop the running game of PG, I think they will.  But again, it’s all about matchups.

A good win for Gilmer.  They took a close game and dominated the 3rd quarter to put the game away.  They just need to stay focused now, as the schedule is pretty weak until the playoffs.

We are the only team that I don’t know who the actual starters are. Tonight we started some kids I’ve hardly even seen play. In particular the secondary, the same kid kept getting burnt.