SDC College Top 10 Week 8

RETIREDFAN1

5 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

If Ewers had played the entire game and the officials had called a clean game, Texas with Ewerd would have beaten Alabama convincingly and TT as well ...

Yet the pollsters drop Texas out of the top 20 even though they only lost to the #1 team by 1 point .... they should have actually moved up in the polls after the Alabama game. I see why they dropped after the TT lose ... still they have proven they are better than a lot of teams ranked ahead of them .... my point is the pollsters have shown a huge bias toward Alabama after barely beatin both Texas and your aggys ... There is a lot of bias toward traditional powerhouse teams and games they look bad in don't seem to hurt them like other teams ... there is no denying it .... and yes, Texas would blow out USC if they played now ....

Have they proven it? How?  By beating a bad OU team that everyone else is also killing lately and beating a wvu team that is 3-3? That’s all they have done under Ewers. You want to poke fun at USC schedule but then praise Texas for doing exactly what USC has done. Blow out weaker opponents. One team should be hyped for it the other just hasn’t played anyone. 

You’re attitude is exactly why Texas hasn’t made it back and why the rest of the country makes fun of Texas. It’s because you played well for 2 consecutive weeks against 3-3 teams and now all of the sudden you’re sitting at 4-2 and would blow out top ten teams left and right. If Texas continues this same surge through the next 4 weeks they will get all the hype they deserve. But for now they are really no better than usc other than losing the close game they should have won and keeping the game they should have lost close but still losing. 

This really isn’t a about Texas or usc to me, it’s about you having complete double standards for how you evaluate teams. 

10 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Have they proven it? How?  By beating a bad OU team that everyone else is also killing lately and beating a wvu team that is 3-3? That’s all they have done under Ewers. You want to poke fun at USC schedule but then praise Texas for doing exactly what USC has done. Blow out weaker opponents. One team should be hyped for it the other just hasn’t played anyone. 

You’re attitude is exactly why Texas hasn’t made it back and why the rest of the country makes fun of Texas. It’s because you played well for 2 consecutive weeks against 3-3 teams and now all of the sudden you’re sitting at 4-2 and would blow out top ten teams left and right. If Texas continues this same surge through the next 4 weeks they will get all the hype they deserve. But for now they are really no better than usc other than losing the close game they should have won and keeping the game they should have lost close but still losing. 

This really isn’t a about Texas or usc to me, it’s about you having complete double standards for how you evaluate teams. 

You are delusional, if USC had played Alabama they would have gotten blown out, I believe they would lose to TT as well .... Texas HAS proven themselves for the reasons I stated ... they lost by one point to the #1 ranked team with a back up QB playing most of the game ... you don’t seem to want to give them credit for that ... that's why everyone except your aggy buddies think you are the #1 troll on SDC ... do you really want to compare the schedule Texas has played to the schedule USC has played thus far? .... your bias against Texas is glaring ... talk about double standards ....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

If Ewers had played the entire game and the officials had called a clean game, Texas with Ewers would have beaten Alabama convincingly and TT as well ...

Yet the pollsters drop Texas out of the top 20 even though they only lost to the #1 team by 1 point .... they should have actually moved up in the polls after the Alabama game. I see why they dropped after the TT lose ... still they have proven they are better than a lot of teams ranked ahead of them .... my point is the pollsters have shown a huge bias toward Alabama after barely beatin both Texas and your aggys ... There is a lot of bias toward traditional powerhouse teams and games they look bad in don't seem to hurt them like other teams ... there is no denying it .... and yes, Texas would blow out USC if they played now ....

I think most people would agree that had Ewers not gotten hurt, Texas beats Bama. You can’t make the same claim for the Tech game, however. QB is not why Texas lost that game, defense is. As good as Texas’ defense has played this season, they did not in that game. 

23 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

I think most people would agree that had Ewers not gotten hurt, Texas beats Bama. You can’t make the same claim for the Tech game, however. QB is not why Texas lost that game, defense is. As good as Texas’ defense has played this season, they did not in that game. 

Good points  .... people don't want to give TT credit for their offense ... they would give any SEC defense fits ... the Texas defense I believe was playing too far off theiir receivers and giving them 2nd and short too many times ... if Ewers had played that game the offense probably stays on the field longer and puts up more points ... it could have been the difference .... I do believe there is way too much bias in the polls in favor of "traitional" powerhouse teams like Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, etc. .... and teams they always rank higher than they deserve early in the season like USC, Notre Dame ....

You are delusional, if USC had played Alabama they would have gotten blown out, I believe they would lose to TT as well .... Texas HAS proven themselves for the reasons I stated ... they lost by one point to the #1 ranked team with a back up QB playing most of the game ... you don’t seem to want to give them credit for that ... that's why everyone except your aggy buddies think you are the #1 troll on SDC ... do you really want to compare the schedule Texas has played to the schedule USC has played thus far? .... your bias against Texas is glaring ... talk about double standards ....

Lots of “if’s” and “i believes” in that statement. 

If we are gonna play that game A&M was missing players too. Im gonna go ahead and call that a win for us as well. Hell on the road in prime time too. Dang that’s awesome! The point is Texas lost. Period. When Ewers went out they were not up by 20 or something like that. It was still a game. Would they have won? Maybe. Would Bama make adjustments like they have done a million times under Saban? Maybe. But this bs about Texas fans thinking it is a lock Texas wins that game with Ewers has got to stop. You can’t walk around acting like a 4-2 team is actually 6-0 but that one thing happened that one time. Stop living in a fairy tale. A loss is a loss and a win is a win. 

And I’m not even trying to bash Texas in this thread. I’m trying to bash this mindset you guys have of praising Texas for its wins when none of them are any better than the usc wins. The only difference between usc and Texas right now is that USC hasn’t lost and beaten 6 mediocre-bad teams while Texas is 4-2 and beaten 4 mediocre to bad teams, lost to another and lost to a good team. There’s nothing Texas has done that usc hasn’t. If you can see this the world troll needs to never leave your mouth again. Because you haven’t put an intelligent thought together on this board in years you old fool. 

43 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Lots of “if’s” and “i believes” in that statement. 

If we are gonna play that game A&M was missing players too. Im gonna go ahead and call that a win for us as well. Hell on the road in prime time too. Dang that’s awesome! The point is Texas lost. Period. When Ewers went out they were not up by 20 or something like that. It was still a game. Would they have won? Maybe. Would Bama make adjustments like they have done a million times under Saban? Maybe. But this bs about Texas fans thinking it is a lock Texas wins that game with Ewers has got to stop. You can’t walk around acting like a 4-2 team is actually 6-0 but that one thing happened that one time. Stop living in a fairy tale. A loss is a loss and a win is a win. 

And I’m not even trying to bash Texas in this thread. I’m trying to bash this mindset you guys have of praising Texas for its wins when none of them are any better than the usc wins. The only difference between usc and Texas right now is that USC hasn’t lost and beaten 6 mediocre-bad teams while Texas is 4-2 and beaten 4 mediocre to bad teams, lost to another and lost to a good team. There’s nothing Texas has done that usc hasn’t. If you can see this the world troll needs to never leave your mouth again. Because you haven’t put an intelligent thought together on this board in years you old fool. 

Here is why you are delusional .... Texas played Alabama at full strength with a backup QB for most of the game and really should have won, we would have won deisively with Ewers in the game .... The aggys trotted out the best they have and Alabama basically played a running back at QB an still won ... big difference .... except you aren’t smart enough to figure that one out .... just keep on trolling your aggy 🐂 :poop: with your anti - Texas bias ... Here's a suggestion, save your nickles and save your dimes and maybe you can buy out Jumbo's contract in a couple of decades ... you aggy trolls are just #butthurt because Texas is on the upswing and coming over to the SEC and will STILL be your DADDY! and there ain't nothing aggyland can do about it .... you can run, but you cant hide ....

8 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Here is why you are delusional .... Texas played Alabama at full strength with a backup QB for most of the game and really should have won, we would have won deisively with Ewers in the game .... The aggys trotted out the best they have and Alabama basically played a running back at QB an still won ... big difference .... except you aren’t smart enough to figure that one out .... just keep on trolling your aggy 🐂 :poop: with your anti - Texas bias ... Here's a suggestion, save your nickles and save your dimes and maybe you can buy out Jumbo's contract in a couple of decades ... you aggy trolls are just #butthurt because Texas is on the upswing and coming over to the SEC and will STILL be your DADDY! and there ain't nothing aggyland can do about it .... you can run, but you cant hide ....

A&M had 9 starters out. Hardly the best they have. But sure man whatever you want to believe. Texas beat Alabama. They are 6-0. Keep dreaming fool. 

9 minutes ago, WETSU said:

A&M had 9 starters out. Hardly the best they have. But sure man whatever you want to believe. Texas beat Alabama. They are 6-0. Keep dreaming fool. 

You know I'm right ... aren’t you late for yell practice? ... :rofl:

image.png

7 minutes ago, Stoney said:

USC, USC, USC. Y’all burying the lead here. Some how, some way, Texas got 2 votes for the top 10. Are the guys collecting the votes the same ones that handled the 2020 presidential election?

Nahh.....some old fart voted them 9th place......😂🤣

8 minutes ago, Stoney said:

USC, USC, USC. Y’all burying the lead here. Some how, some way, Texas got 2 votes for the top 10. Are the guys collecting the votes the same ones that handled the 2020 presidential election?

Any other team blows out Oklahoma 49 - 0 and y'all would put them in the top 3 ....

46 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Any other team blows out Oklahoma 49 - 0 and y'all would put them in the top 3 ....

When OU was 3-0 maybe. Not when they just got taken to the woodshed by two other teams… 

Texas looked impressive and I’ll admit that. It doesn’t make them a top ten team yet. Why is that such a hard concept to grasp? 

@LOL @Valhalla please forgive me when I say this. Oklahoma isn’t good right now. They are 4-3 right now and have given up 145 points in three straight losses. Texas is 4-2. Neither are top 10 teams. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, WETSU said:

When OU was 3-0 maybe. Not when they just got taken to the woodshed by two other teams… 

Texas looked impressive and I’ll admit that. It doesn’t make them a top ten team yet. Why is that such a hard concept to grasp? 

That and the impressive  showing agaist the then #1 team deserves a much higher ranking ...

• LOL! 1

30 minutes ago, Stoney said:

@LOL @Valhalla please forgive me when I say this. Oklahoma isn’t good right now. They are 4-3 right now and have given up 145 points in three straight losses. Texas is 4-2. Neither are top 10 teams. 

If USC is a top 10 team because they have "looked impressive" against Bugtussel, Seed Tick and Kalifornia Trans-women College, then Texas is just as deserving for their impressive showing agains Alabama and Oklahoma  ....

28 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

If USC is a top 10 team because they have "looked impressive" against Bugtussel, Seed Tick and Kalifornia Trans-women College, then Texas is just as deserving for their impressive showing agains Alabama and Oklahoma  ....

No. You don’t get to jump in the top 10 for a close loss at home. That’s ridiculous. You would not have that stance with ANY other team except Texas. 

You’re also not taking into account the Tech loss into account… none of the other top 10 teams have losses. And you want to include a team with two losses simply because one of them was “a close loss” and they beat a 3-3 team using a wildcat Qb scheme. Do you not see how ridiculous you sound? There’s not a Texas fan alive that agrees with you that Texas is deserving of being a top 10 team. Not today at least. They have plenty of chances coming up to get there, and if they go 4-0 in their next 4 I’ll have them there. But you’re showing literal signs of mental instability if you think 1 quarter of football vs Bama in a loss and the OU game justifies putting them there today. 

11 minutes ago, WETSU said:

No. You don’t get to jump in the top 10 for a close loss at home. That’s ridiculous. You would not have that stance with ANY other team except Texas. 

You’re also not taking into account the Tech loss into account… none of the other top 10 teams have losses. And you want to include a team with two losses simply because one of them was “a close loss” and they beat a 3-3 team using a wildcat Qb scheme. Do you not see how ridiculous you sound? There’s not a Texas fan alive that agrees with you that Texas is deserving of being a top 10 team. Not today at least. They have plenty of chances coming up to get there, and if they go 4-0 in their next 4 I’ll have them there. But you’re showing literal signs of mental instability if you think 1 quarter of football vs Bama in a loss and the OU game justifies putting them there today. 

Yes, I have taken the TT game into account, they are no slouch .... Don't tell me, If your aggys had done the same thing as Texas, you aggy trolls wouldn’t be crowing louder than a banny rooster or a aggy scream leader ... 

18 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

But they have looked bad, against Oregon State, lol. 

Even still, I'm still asking....why are you choosing to reward his team over Clemson, Ok State, Ole Miss, TCU, UCLA? 

And I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just curious your reasoning. 

Talent on the field.  But there are several of your schools listed ranked higher in my poll than USC.  

2 hours ago, Valhalla said:

But they are really solid.

They are. Coach McGuire was a good hire. Give his staff some time and Tech will be a good B12 program. When your girlfriend is a Tech Ex you gotta keep an eye on how they do.

ON IF TEXAS CAN WIN BIG 12, MAKE CASE FOR COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYOFF…

“I know this is wild and here's the deal: Texas has, we do this all the time with Texas, you know, they’re back and then they ebb and flow. Their charge now is to go out there and play with some level of consistency. Having said that, it's clear to me when I watched Texas with Quinn Ewers as their quarterback, they're a top-10 team. They can beat anybody in the country and certainly in their conference. I will ask you this then let me just paint the picture for you. This four-team scenario. OK. Are you ready for this? Alabama 12-1, losing the SEC Championship Game. OK, so non-champ. Michigan 11-1 non-champ, non-division champ. Pac-12: USC or UCLA one-loss champ. Texas, two loss, Big 12 champ. Who goes? There's one spot available, because in that scenario, Clemson, Big Ten champ and Georgia would go, who goes? Texas would be in the conversation. That's what I'm trying to say. Like, Texas would have an argument." .... Joel Klatt.   247Sports.com