Lindale 4-3 (2-1) @ Chapel Hill 4-2 (2-0)

GoodOleBoy73

Lindale @ Chapel Hill   

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

Lindale coming off of a rough game against a very good Kilgore squad

Chapel Hill is riding a 4 game winning streak and probably one of the most athletic teams in the state. 

Lindale needs a win and CH to beat Kilgore in the finale to have a shot at the 1 seed. CH needs a win to set up a showdown for the district title in the last week  

Thoughts on this one?

12 minutes ago, Cat51993 said:

CH has some great talent. After watching them play I see issues with  what they are allowed to do on the field. Running to the other teams sideline after scoring and acting a fool pretty classless.  Maybe some coaches encourage that.

Same thing with their basketball program lol

This all depends on which Lindale team shows up. If it’s the Lindale team from 2nd quarter on in the Athens game, then Lindale can win. If it’s the Kilgore game version of Lindale, then CHill hangs 50+ on em and it’s ugly. Lindale needs to go ahead and decide who they wanna be, a 3rd or maybe 4th place team or a district championship contender. What they came out like Friday night was a 4th place team. Time to nut up or shut up for Lindale. Friday night is everything. 

• Thumbs Down 2

2 hours ago, LetsGoEagles said:

This all depends on which Lindale team shows up. If it’s the Lindale team from 2nd quarter on in the Athens game, then Lindale can win. If it’s the Kilgore game version of Lindale, then CHill hangs 50+ on em and it’s ugly. Lindale needs to go ahead and decide who they wanna be, a 3rd or maybe 4th place team or a district championship contender. What they came out like Friday night was a 4th place team. Time to nut up or shut up for Lindale. Friday night is everything. 

Most negative fan from Lindale. 

• Like 1

LoL..... just not a sugar-coat blow smoke up your butt fan. This game is huge and you can't poop the bed like they did Friday in 1st half. I'm not a rah-rah soccer mom. I'm honest about what I see and I'm going to state my opinion. Being a fan doesn't mean lying to yourself. Do you think they played well in the 1st half Friday? Because I can assure you those boys KNOW they didn't and they'd tell you that. Please let us know if you did. I will be there screaming for those boys Friday night, you can count on that.  

6 minutes ago, LetsGoEagles said:

LoL..... just not a sugar-coat blow smoke up your butt fan. This game is huge and you can't poop the bed like they did Friday in 1st half. I'm not a rah-rah soccer mom. I'm honest about what I see and I'm going to state my opinion. Being a fan doesn't mean lying to yourself. Do you think they played well in the 1st half Friday? Because I can assure you those boys KNOW they didn't and they'd tell you that. Please let us know if you did. I will be there screaming for those boys Friday night, you can count on that.  

I agree with you. All I’m saying is that they didn’t play well but let’s not pretend that the other team wasn’t really good. That COULD have been a matchup between the two best teams in the region. Kilgore not the best of our boys Friday, but I would prefer to look at the positives and the growth. We had 400 yards passing. Pretty sure that is the most ever if I’m not mistaken. You make it sound like Lindale is really bad “time to but up or shut up” but I choose to look at the fact that there is weekly improvement. 

• Like 1

Just now, GoodOleBoy73 said:

I agree with you. All I’m saying is that they didn’t play well but let’s not pretend that the other team wasn’t really good. That COULD have been a matchup between the two best teams in the region. Kilgore not the best of our boys Friday, but I would prefer to look at the positives and the growth. We had 400 yards passing. Pretty sure that is the most ever if I’m not mistaken. You make it sound like Lindale is really bad “time to but up or shut up” but I choose to look at the fact that there is weekly improvement. 

I will agree with you there. This is a VERY different team than the one that walked out onto the field against Kaufman. NO DOUBT. Fact is, we are now very difficult to stop because you can't shut 1 thing down because the other will thrive. Fine, load the box to stop the run, we'll pass for 300+; OK, play cover deep and don't load the box, we will run for chunk yardage every play almost. We've become difficult to stop. Clint has become a very good passer, and started to settle in and I think he will only get better and better. Dude is tough as NAILS and from what I hear he's an absolute model young man. A leader. We very well could be the best 2 teams in the region. You may be right, but that remains to be seen though and we have to beat some good teams. So far, we haven't, except Van. You also bring up a good point. Kilgore is a very good team and came ready to play. I don't want to take anything away from them. Well done K-Dawgs. You brought it Friday, no doubt. My comments were based more around how we started. You can't argue we started flat and spotted Kilgore 21 points. You just can't do that in big games and against good teams. It's a death sentence and last week and this week are the 2 biggest games of the year until playoffs. You can't argue with that. All I'm saying is I hope these boys come ready to play pissed off and angry about last week and ready to grind for 48 minutes until the final whistle. Start FAST & ANGRY and end strong. LETS GO EAGLES! 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, LetsGoEagles said:

I will agree with you there. This is a VERY different team than the one that walked out onto the field against Kaufman. NO DOUBT. Fact is, we are now very difficult to stop because you can't shut 1 thing down because the other will thrive. Fine, load the box to stop the run, we'll pass for 300+; OK, play cover deep and don't load the box, we will run for chunk yardage every play almost. We've become difficult to stop. Clint has become a very good passer, and started to settle in and I think he will only get better and better. Dude is tough as NAILS and from what I hear he's an absolute model young man. A leader. We very well could be the best 2 teams in the region. You may be right, but that remains to be seen though and we have to beat some good teams. So far, we haven't, except Van. You also bring up a good point. Kilgore is a very good team and came ready to play. I don't want to take anything away from them. Well done K-Dawgs. You brought it Friday, no doubt. My comments were based more around how we started. You can't argue we started flat and spotted Kilgore 21 points. You just can't do that in big games and against good teams. It's a death sentence and last week and this week are the 2 biggest games of the year until playoffs. You can't argue with that. All I'm saying is I hope these boys come ready to play pissed off and angry about last week and ready to grind for 48 minutes until the final whistle. Start FAST & ANGRY and end strong. LETS GO EAGLES! 

We can agree there. Our boys need to start fast on both sides of the ball. If the boys can do that then I like our chances moving forward. 

• Like 1