Lindale 4-3 (2-1) @ Chapel Hill 4-2 (2-0)

GoodOleBoy73

Lindale @ Chapel Hill   

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

CH is legit. Lindale absolutely couldn’t stop them. That honestly was the worst defensive game I’ve seen Lindale play in like 15 to 20 years. The offense still looked good but just couldn’t keep up. The CH/Kilgore game should be good. I think I give the edge to CH though.

FIRST and foremost, let me congratulate Chapel Hill on a game well played. Congratulations! You beat us, no doubt whatsoever. Chill came ready to play and Lindale started somewhat tentative again. I'm seeing a different Lindale defense than the one that came out for Q2 at Athens. Less intensity. Less pop. Less flying to the ball. Less attitude honestly. Tonight, they were absolutely DREADFUL and played tentative. Just kind of going through the motions. Tackling and wrapping up has become an issue. NO DOUBT. And WOW - CHill is absolutely LOADED with team speed. I'm talking 4-5 guys that can absolutely FLY. Speed to burn all over the field. And truthfully, they didn't throw the ball much tonight because they didn't need to. I bet they ran for over 500 yards. Maybe over 600. It was an absolute DISPLAY of firepower and Lindale was completely powerless to stop it. They had ZERO answers for the CHill offense. I love my Eagles, but we did not play well on the defensive side of the ball tonight. Not at all. Some of that was us, and some of that was CHill is just freaking LEGIT offensively. Next level. No doubt. 

• Like 1

And I don’t know who thought it would be a good idea to kick it deep to these guys but they were bad wrong. After pop-up kicking and squib-kicking it for 7 games, THIS is the game we decide to kick it deep? That was a massive head scratcher for sure. This is the team you squib kick every single time. SMH 

Lindale has absolutely GOT to figure out what is going on with the defense. Before these last 2 games the defense was legit even against Gilmer. Something has changed. The only thing I know for sure is different is Brett Maya has been out both games. Not sure why. Does anyone have any info about him?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chill5000 said:

Lindale licking their wounds on the way home. 2 beat downs in a row!  

To be honest. Lindale has never been known for having a stable full of athletes. Nothing like y'all, Kilgore, Gilmer, Carthage, or etc. They don't have the speed and athleticism that y'all have. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jakeelee05 said:

CH is legit. Lindale absolutely couldn’t stop them. That honestly was the worst defensive game I’ve seen Lindale play in like 15 to 20 years. The offense still looked good but just couldn’t keep up. The CH/Kilgore game should be good. I think I give the edge to CH though.

Totally understandable. But the outcome of this game let Kilgore know that they can't just go through the motions and get healed up over the next couple of weeks.... we will have to ratchet up a few notches in all facets to be ready for them blue and yellow dogs.

32 minutes ago, Jakeelee05 said:

Lindale has absolutely GOT to figure out what is going on with the defense. Before these last 2 games the defense was legit even against Gilmer. Something has changed. The only thing I know for sure is different is Brett Maya has been out both games. Not sure why. Does anyone have any info about him?

All I know is he’s no longer playing football. Don’t know why. He’s still on the team. Just not playing anymore. We’ve now lost 2 RB’s for the season, a kid who had a D1 scholarship (Maya) & our starting TE (Watts) - we’re a MASH unit. So many keys losses in the last few weeks. Devastating. Oh well….. next man up. 

Just now, LetsGoEagles said:

All I know is he’s no longer playing football. Don’t know why. He’s still on the team. Just not playing anymore. We’ve now lost 2 RB’s for the season, a kid who had a D1 scholarship (Maya) & our starting TE (Watts) - we’re a MASH unit. So many keys losses in the last few weeks. Devastating. Oh well….. next man up. 

I was told by a Lindale buddy of mine  he(maya) had to medically retire. 

25 minutes ago, VonG said:

To be honest. Lindale has never been known for having a stable full of athletes. Nothing like y'all, Kilgore, Gilmer, Carthage, or etc. They don't have the speed and athleticism that y'all have. 

Your right. Lindale doesn’t have the athletes  like CH, Gilmer Etc but over the last several years they have been coached well and do everything right. But I agree, they let it turn into a track meet tonight and that will not play into Lindales  favor 

Chapel Hill did exactly what they needed to do to win this game. Like I said before the game started. Establish the run with Stewart and control the game from there. When he wears a defense down it gives so many playmakers more opportunities. 

CH defense didn’t look great BUT they were on the field all night. Lindale would score on a long multi play drive. Kick off and CH ran kick off back, or got the ball Scored on 3 or 4 plays. Putting the defense right back on the field. 

• Like 2

One of the biggest things that stood out to me tonight, was CHill’s improved line play. Last year, we absolutely MAULED Chill’s front 7 with our O-line. This year, no. I’d say about even - their defensive front against our O-line. It was a draw at best for us there. But their o-line against our D? Total domination. We rarely penetrated into the backfield. They thoroughly abused us. 

• Like 1

Just now, Chill5000 said:

Chapel Hill did exactly what they needed to do to win this game. Like I said before the game started. Establish the run with Stewart and control the game from there. When he wears a defense down it gives so many playmakers more opportunities. 

CH defense didn’t look great BUT they were on the field all night. Lindale would score on a long multi play drive. Kick off and CH ran kick off back, or got the ball Scored on 3 or 4 plays. Putting the defense right back on the field. 

You’re so right. It was amazing how quickly ya’ll scored. Most drives were 7 plays or less and a TD. As for kicking it off to deuce mac……. SMH. No clue why anyone, especially us who is not the fastest team, would do that. Makes no sense at all. 

• Like 1