Lindale 4-3 (2-1) @ Chapel Hill 4-2 (2-0)

GoodOleBoy73

Lindale @ Chapel Hill   

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

12 hours ago, JugLine said:

CH by 21

Ch has not been settling in until the 2nd half for whatever reason. If that is the case this week lindale will get the win. If we get rolling early I’ll stand by my prediction. When CH is right, this offense is jaw dropping explosive. Look at the points scored in the second half the last two week. I’m hoping we get rolling early and come away with a nice win. 

Tomorrow night we find out what both these teams are. This is a tough call. Lindale laid an egg in the 1st half against a very very good Kilgore team. Some of that was Kilgore being very good and ready to play, and some of that was Lindale starting slow, having some mental errors and helping Kilgore. Lindale has played a very tough schedule to date with games against Kaufman #8 in state, lost a close game. Gilmer #2 in state, lost a close game. Kilgore, now #10 in state and never really looked good until late in 3rd quarter. Lindale has a quality win over Van. Chapel Hill got absolutely drilled by Gilmer in the 1st game of the season and blown out, then followed that up with a surprising loss to Van. Since then, they are riding a 4 game win streak and their offense seems to be hitting on all cylinders. However, not so fast my friend! The teams CH has beaten over those last 4 games are a combined 7-18 this season. None of those wins are quality wins. Greenville and Nacogdoches are terrible 5A teams, and Palestine and Jacksonville are definitely on a lower tier than Kilgore, Lindale and CH. I think this actually comes down to the big boys. Can Lindale's O-line be dominant against CH? If they can, they can control the clock and that's huge against a very dynamic CH offense by making them sit on the bench and keeping them off the field. Can Lindale hold CH's offense under 38? They absolutely MUST get pressure on Brisbon and make him run for his life. Even then, the kid can make plays. I think they have to in order to win. This game will be high scoring. I think it would shock all of us if it wasn't. I look for a 42-38 type game, maybe higher like 52-49. I think it's close. Give me Lindale by 3. CH will experience frustration like they haven't for a few games and will struggle with that at times. Maybe some PF penalties as they try and take out some pent-up frustration from the last 2 years. In addition, I think it's safe to say CH has the superior skill position players overall. However, Lindale's style of play presents a problem for CH. It's been evident for these past 2 seasons. I just don't think CH values line play that much. They put all their stock in trying to run up the score & just out outscore you in a fast-paced game. Their lines are not their strength and with Lindale it is. Look for Lindale to be Novocain here - slow and steady. Keep CH offense off the field and grind clock. Lindale by 3 in what may end up being the 9-4A game of the year.      

Edited by LetsGoEagles

Chapel Hill freshman win 21-7

Lindale JV was winning 34-14 and driving in the fourth quarter when I left. 

Lindale will be CH first quality opponent since week 2. That might not play into their favor. If Ch can establish the run game early and stick to it then they have a good chance at winning this game. If they start slow like they did against Palestine or Jville then it will be Lindale big. CH can’t get into a shootout and expect to win. Brisbon is a talented passer but young and inexperienced.Chapel Hills Ricky Stewart is  a very talented running back that is capable of dominating a team and gets better as the game moves on. He can wear a defense down. I’m excited about the trenches in this game. CH D has been playing better and better each week and have good size on the front. Lindale Oline never lacks in size. Should be fun to watch. Chapel Hills offense can be electric at times and always capable of a big play with 2 talented receivers. Lindale does not want to make this a track meet. 

Either  way I think it’s going to be one hell of a game! CH and Lindale fans are in for a treat. 

CH- 42

Lindale- 38

Good luck to all the boys tomorrow and pray for no injuries! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chill5000 said:

Lindale will be CH first quality opponent since week 2. That might not play into their favor. If Ch can establish the run game early and stick to it then they have a good chance at winning this game. If they start slow like they did against Palestine or Jville then it will be Lindale big. CH can’t get into a shootout and expect to win. Brisbon is a talented passer but young and inexperienced.Chapel Hills Ricky Stewart is  a very talented running back that is capable of dominating a team and gets better as the game moves on. He can wear a defense down. I’m excited about the trenches in this game. CH D has been playing better and better each week and have good size on the front. Lindale Oline never lacks in size. Should be fun to watch. Chapel Hills offense can be electric at times and always capable of a big play with 2 talented receivers. Lindale does not want to make this a track meet. 

Either  way I think it’s going to be one hell of a game! CH and Lindale fans are in for a treat. 

CH- 42

Lindale- 38

How is Chapel Hill qb inexperienced when he is a returning starter? 🤷‍♂️

5 hours ago, Chill5000 said:

CH- 42

Lindale- 38

I agree. Feed Stewart early and often. 

It looks like Kilgore exposed Lindale's run defense last week. CH will need to establish the run game early which will open up the passing game. Lindale has a great offensive line and will get their points. Hopefully CH comes out focused with intensity. They can't afford to lay a first half egg like they did in Palestine. If both teams play to their potential it should be an exciting, high scoring affair. Good luck to both teams. CH by 3

9 hours ago, VonG said:

How is Chapel Hill qb inexperienced when he is a returning starter? 🤷‍♂️

He played a total of 8 games last year including playoff run. Not saying he’s a newby but he’s just a sophomore. He’s not ready to take control of a game like Lindale if he has to depend on the passing game only. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Chill5000 said:

He played a total of 8 games last year including playoff run. Not saying he’s a newby but he’s just a sophomore. He’s not ready to take control of a game like Lindale if he has to depend on the passing game only. 

Yeah he a sophomore but he is not a young sophomore.

Edited by VonG
  • Like 1