***Week 8: Alto Yellowjackets (4-2 | 1-0) @ Tenaha Tigers (2-4 | 0-1) - Saturday | 7:00 p.m.***

StingEmALTO

Alto @ Tenaha  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/16/2022 at 12:00 AM

Area Football Preview for Week 8

Alto Yellowjackets (4-2, 1-0) at Tenaha Tigers (2-4, 0-1)

7:30 p.m. Friday at Raymond Johnson Stadium in Tenaha

Last Week: Alto 46, Mount Enterprise 34; Carlisle 48, Tenaha 0

Next Week: Overton at Alto; Tenaha at Cushing

Game Notes: The Tigers are struggling this season and will come into the game on a four-game losing streak...Rashawn Mumphrey of Alto needs just five yards rushing to hit the 1,000-yard mark for the season. Not sure if one of Tenaha’s infamous speed traps could even slow down Mumphrey. Look for Mumphrey to have a big night and the Mean Sting to come home with the win.

https://www.jacksonvilleprogress.com/sports/area-football-previews-for-week-8/article_dbf0157c-4a4f-11ed-9568-cbd7798d7deb.html

• Like 1
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Game may be closer than stats would indicate! Or it could just be my delusional hopes.

I expect a battle. Never underestimate your opponent, especially one who is hungry for a dub, playing in front of a homecoming crowd, AND who is used to winning!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Tenaha is young and in trouble this year...but they come after you every play..they will be a handful next season tho,returning 9/9 👀

Sounds like our seniors when they were sophomores. We had 10 sophomores on the field at times. You have to grow up fast….and take some licks. 

7 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

Sounds like our seniors when they were sophomores. We had 10 sophomores on the field at times. You have to grow up fast….and take some licks. 

They took some last week,think qb1 is in concussion protocol this week,but you'll have to fact check me on that..they play hard but young and out gunned this year 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DropTine said:

Yeah, its a solid group.  22 Freshman.  Future looks bright.

Lovelady JV - 49

Alto JV - 0

That’s a huge class! I couldn’t believe how many kids were on the sideline. Definitely a solid group. That senior year is gonna be fun!

So did Hull not have a JV season or did y’all just not want to travel that far on a Thursday night?

2 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

That’s a huge class! I couldn’t believe how many kids were on the sideline. Definitely a solid group. That senior year is gonna be fun!

So did Hull not have a JV season or did y’all just not want to travel that far on a Thursday night?

I’m not sure if anyone in our district will have a jv. Shoot they probably make the playoffs in our district 

Edited by Lion1996

12 minutes ago, Lion1996 said:

I’m not sure if anyone in our district will have a jv. Shoot they probably make the playoffs in our district 

I was thinking y’all’s JV might be the second best team in the district….behind your varsity.  I can remember years like that! Makes it nice. 

22 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

I was thinking y’all’s JV might be the second best team in the district….behind your varsity.  I can remember years like that! Makes it nice. 

I’m not sure if they would be the second best but they definitely would be good games 

• Like 1