***Week 8: Alto Yellowjackets (4-2 | 1-0) @ Tenaha Tigers (2-4 | 0-1) - Saturday | 7:00 p.m.***

StingEmALTO

Alto @ Tenaha  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/16/2022 at 12:00 AM

On 10/13/2022 at 8:01 PM, Doomer said:

I don't think so Hoss!

Well so there's that Doomy, game WAS closer!

On 10/13/2022 at 7:51 PM, Hayseed said:

Game may be closer than stats would indicate! Or it could just be my delusional hopes.

9 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

Ballgame. 

That was a colossal meltdown. 

Congrats Tenaha. 

I would like to know why?  I mean Damn yall was smoking them ans just went into idle..yall got athletes every where, seasoned seniors..well we live and we learn..congratulations tenaha,back to the drawing board for the jackets 

I was having that meltdown with them walking up and field with them trying to encourage 4 quarters of football. I will say we have extra eyes on us this year, and some one needs to let these boys know every personal foul called whether intentional or not is gonna be reported to the UIL. Standing up at the fence (bc I sure couldn't sit myself down) I saw that young man come off the field point to his chest then collapsing.....My head just dropped thinking I wasn't there the night DeVonte went down but I was there when Cam went down, and I told myself I never ever wanted to witness anything remotely close to that again. He gave a thumbs up as he left on the stretcher, and I am thankful for that, but until folks have witnessed what Alto folks have been through I don't know ever want to hear anyone bad mouthing my school or the community. My little 4'11 frame will go some kinda crazy on you. I'm a good person, but with what individuals did to these kids they feel the world is against them. I will not take not one thing from Tenaha they didn't give up, but we honestly had that win in the column, and we just let it slip away. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cowboys1970 said:

I was having that meltdown with them walking up and field with them trying to encourage 4 quarters of football. I will say we have extra eyes on us this year, and some one needs to let these boys know every personal foul called whether intentional or not is gonna be reported to the UIL. Standing up at the fence (bc I sure couldn't sit myself down) I saw that young man come off the field point to his chest then collapsing.....My head just dropped thinking I wasn't there the night DeVonte went down but I was there when Cam went down, and I told myself I never ever wanted to witness anything remotely close to that again. He gave a thumbs up as he left on the stretcher, and I am thankful for that, but until folks have witnessed what Alto folks have been through I don't know ever want to hear anyone bad mouthing my school or the community. My little 4'11 frame will go some kinda crazy on you. I'm a good person, but with what individuals did to these kids they feel the world is against them. I will not take not one thing from Tenaha they didn't give up, but we honestly had that win in the column, and we just let it slip away. 

Many of us were there when cam fell..I was holding my two youngest kids on the other sideline..my heart still hurts from that night 👀. That's why many of us consider Alto our brothers...I'll shut up and back out now ✌️

• Love 1

Upullinmychain, I wasn't referring to you or any other of our brothers and sisters from Carlisle. I know y'all know exactly what we went through that night as the same goes for Mount Enterprise understands bc they were there when DeVonte went down. Y'all have never looked down on us or these kids, and you were the first the question who was the responsible for as you called it donkey punch before the season could get started. It's like our kids have a target on their backs, and the refs are looking for anything to call. On some of the calls, yes sir I will be the first to say it needs to be called, and bring that one of the game and make him think about what actions that might have resulted in that six or seven points. When a whistle is blown for some reason and the ref has his hands up waving off the play, you better let off your momentum or make a decision to change direction. As for as the personal foul on a jersey take down, I do not and will side with the officials. I know for a fact when I was going up and down the field with the team late in the game, I saw our QB get brought down with hands clearly on his facemask with no calls. You keep posting brother, I actually like reading your post! You keep it entertaining even thou we know every week is week closer to end of our the season! Hopefully my Cowboys will save this weekend gloom I'm in. :)

• Like 2

On 10/16/2022 at 7:56 AM, upullinmychain said:

I would like to know why?  I mean Damn yall was smoking them and just went into idle..yall got athletes every where, seasoned seniors..well we live and we learn..congratulations tenaha,back to the drawing board for the jackets 

Hi Chain, took me a moment to collect myself, regroup you might say. Lol Had to have a little cooling off period. Let’s just say a Saturday night loss (the way we lost it) didn’t do anything for my Sunday morning go-to-church state of mind.

Too many penalties. Killer penalties (including 2 that negated 2 successful 2-point conversions! 😩) A player ejected….not just “a” player, but our leading tackler. A player with his bell rung who had to leave the game ….not just “a” player, but our senior starting center and d-lineman….and both of these excellent  players were also the first and second team long snappers (hence the snap over the punter’s head on our own 15). Turnovers. Illegal procedures. And my gosh it seems like I could go on and on but I’ll stop. Didn’t put it away when we were absolutely in the driver’s seat. I said “colossal meltdown” and that’s the way it felt and the way it played out. You remember when the Houston Oilers had that big lead in the playoffs a hundred years ago? High school version. I’ll never forget it. And the ride home s u c k e d and so did my night’s sleep and my Sunday. And not even a Cowboys win would’ve reversed my mood, but today was a new day. I got to go to practice and watch the boys and it was a great practice, very upbeat and it was good visiting with the some of the players and coaches afterward. Even with all the stuff that happened Friday night, we got the go ahead TD with 1:15 left to play. I contend that had we not lost two of our best players, we win. BUT we did lose them and we did lose the game.

”If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we’d…..have 5-6 state championships!” 😂 You thought I was gonna say “all have a Merry Christmas.”  Yep, that too.

Anyway, on to the next one! Overton gave Cushing all they wanted and I’m sure they’ll be ready for us. We’ll be ready on our end. 

7 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

Hi Chain, took me a moment to collect myself, regroup you might say. Lol Had to have a little cooling off period. Let’s just say a Saturday night loss (the way we lost it) didn’t do anything for my Sunday morning go-to-church state of mind.

Too many penalties. Killer penalties (including 2 that negated 2 successful 2-point conversions! 😩) A player ejected….not just “a” player, but our leading tackler. A player with his bell rung who had to leave the game ….not just “a” player, but our senior starting center and d-lineman….and both of these excellent  players were also the first and second team long snappers (hence the snap over the punter’s head on our own 15). Turnovers. Illegal procedures. And my gosh it seems like I could go on and on but I’ll stop. Didn’t put it away when we were absolutely in the driver’s seat. I said “colossal meltdown” and that’s the way it felt and the way it played out. You remember when the Houston Oilers had that big lead in the playoffs a hundred years ago? High school version. I’ll never forget it. And the ride home s u c k e d and so did my night’s sleep and my Sunday. And not even a Cowboys win would’ve reversed my mood, but today was a new day. I got to go to practice and watch the boys and it was a great practice, very upbeat and it was good visiting with the some of the players and coaches afterward. Even with all the stuff that happened Friday night, we got the go ahead TD with 1:15 left to play. I contend that had we not lost two of our best players, we win. BUT we did lose them and we did lose the game.

”If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we’d…..have 5-6 state championships!” 😂 You thought I was gonna say “all have a Merry Christmas.”  Yep, that too.

Anyway, on to the next one! Overton gave Cushing all they wanted and I’m sure they’ll be ready for us. We’ll be ready on our end. 

Jeez,I bet it did.I would have had to buy new fenders for my ride after I went into the parking lot and kicked them smooth of the vehicle...lol 😂 

• LOL! 1

16 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Jeez,I bet it did.I would have had to buy new fenders for my ride after I went into the parking lot and kicked them smooth of the vehicle...lol 😂 

Believe me. NO ONE wanted to be around me and the feeling was mutual! Lol That poor trailer I haul with all the “stuff” in it to all the games never hit the pavement on the way home! Record time I think. 😂

One thing I wanted to mention was the touching tribute by Tenaha before the game in memory of Vonte. Prior to the National Anthem, they put 9 seconds on the clock and had a very stirring speech and then a moment of silence. Never expected to have all those feelings and emotions stirred prior to the game, but it was special and meant a lot to our folks and players.

Very much appreciated. 

3F0511B1-14E0-4311-B4FE-F0698FAD6FDA.jpeg

• Love 1

On 10/16/2022 at 3:12 PM, upullinmychain said:

Many of us were there when cam fell..I was holding my two youngest kids on the other sideline..my heart still hurts from that night 👀. That's why many of us consider Alto our brothers...I'll shut up and back out now ✌️

A bond that will never be broken for any of us who were there and experienced that horrific night together. Today is exactly 7 years to the day that we lost Cam. I messaged back and forth with his mom today. That family is something else. Much love to the Matthews. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...