Center Roughriders 5-2 (2-1) @ Carthage Bulldogs 8-0 (4-0) Senior Night

JBizzle

Who wins?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Mojo1000 said:

I hope they get a competitive game. Playoffs are a different game. However, no one stopping Carthage. Probably would win D1 if you let them lol.

Same story, new chapter.  The game will be won or lost in the trenches.  The Center athleticism will have little impact on the game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Same story, new chapter.  The game will be won or lost in the trenches.  The Center athleticism will have little impact on the game.

I agree and will add, the Dawg D line would be good at any classification. 
Big, strong, and quick off the ball and only Sophomores. I believe we see the Dawg D grab another gear next Friday. 
I also believe the offense is starting to play at a very high level and from here on, they will be better every week. 

1 hour ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Big, strong, and quick off the ball and only Sophomores. I believe we see the Dawg D grab another gear next Friday. 
I also believe the offense is starting to play at a very high level and from here on, they will be better every week. 

I don’t believe anyone can match their intensity and greatness. Carthage is simply too elite. 

On 10/16/2022 at 8:58 AM, cowboyandchrist said:

I love your eye for talent. Have you ever got to be with kgas? Like I said before we are witnessing history in the making. The bulldawgs are what winners strive for.

Edited by Mojo1000
  • Like 1

Carthage is playing chess while everybody else is playing checkers.  Carthage is on another level than anybody else in 4A right now, in my opinion.  Dawgs roll, and Center rolls........over.

The Carthage defense will stuff Center, and Center won't be able to move the ball consistently at all against the starters, but like someone said, Scott will be working on the Dawgs more so than the opponent.  Later in the game, I look for the scrubs to get a lot of PT.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, blackflag79 said:

Carthage is playing chess while everybody else is playing checkers.  Carthage is on another level than anybody else in 4A right now, in my opinion.  Dawgs roll, and Center rolls........over.

The Carthage defense will stuff Center, and Center won't be able to move the ball consistently at all against the starters, but like someone said, Scott will be working on the Dawgs more so than the opponent.  Later in the game, I look for the scrubs to get a lot of PT.

“Scrubs”

On 10/16/2022 at 7:21 AM, PantherNation2015 said:

The game may won or loss with the coin toss.  If center defers, which a lot of teams do against carthage, they could easily be  behind 7-0 before they ever touch the ball.  That usually spells disaster against carthage.  

1 hour ago, blackflag79 said:

Maybe I should've said the second and third stringers?  The entire team will get at least some playing time, in my opinion.

No you’re good, I knew what you meant. It’s just funny because Carthage’s backups are really good starters at most other schools.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MoCo said:

No you’re good, I knew what you meant. It’s just funny because Carthage’s backups are really good starters at most other schools.

Unfortunately, or fortunately, whichever way you look at it, you're right.  With the coaching staff they have over there, along with good depth, they could make a very good team out of the second and third stringers.  They have an embarrassment of riches over there.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

56 minutes ago, blackflag79 said:

Unfortunately, or fortunately, whichever way you look at it, you're right.  With the coaching staff they have over there, along with good depth, they could make a very good team out of the second and third stringers.  They have an embarrassment of riches over there.

We have very good players here at Carthage, but I don’t believe we have an excessively large talent advantage. There are some true studs, no doubt, but the coaching staff at Carthage puts us over the top. They put in a lot of work to make this program what it is. To say we just have better athletes takes away from what they do. 

1 hour ago, JBizzle said:

We have very good players here at Carthage, but I don’t believe we have an excessively large talent advantage. There are some true studs, no doubt, but the coaching staff at Carthage puts us over the top. They put in a lot of work to make this program what it is. To say we just have better athletes takes away from what they do. 

I "blame" the majority of Carthage's success on the their coaching staff.  No doubt about that.  But to be honest, Carthage has more "coached up depth" than just about anybody else at the 4A level.  The talent level is deep, and has been for many years, but I've always said it's the coaching that puts them over the top.  A team that has won 8 championships in 8 tries over the last 14 seasons tells me it is a combination of talent and coaching, with coaching being the number one reason.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1