Week Nine: Longview vs McKinney North

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (7-0, 4-0) vs McKinney North Bulldogs (6-1, 3-1)  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • McKinney North in a close one
    • McKinney North in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/22/2022 at 12:30 AM

RETIREDFAN1
This post was recognized by RETIREDFAN1!

LoboFan07 was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 25 points.

longview.pngmckinneynorth.png

LONGVIEW LOBOS (7-0) VS MCKINNEY NORTH BULLDOGS (6-1)

DATE: Friday, October 21st
TIME: 7:30 PM
LONGVIEW BROADCAST: 106.5 FM JACK FM
MCKINNEY NORTH BROADCAST: n/a
LONGVIEW LIVE STREAM: Longview Gameday
MCKINNEY NORTH LIVE STREAM: n/a

longview.pngSERIES TIED 1-1-0 mckinneynorth.png

The two schools have never played a non-district contest.
The two schools are tied 1-1 when the game is a district contest.
The two schools have never played a  playoff contest.
The two schools have never played at a neutral location.
The Lobos have a 1-0 lead when the game is played at Longview.
The Bulldogs have a 1-0 lead when the game is played at McKinney North.
McKinney North won the last meeting with the Lobos.
Longview is 1-0-0 all-time against McKinney North at Lobo Stadium (new), with the Lobos winning the last meeting there.
The two schools have never played on October 21st.

LAST FIVE GAMES IN SERIES:
10.21.2021 - McKinney North 37, Longview 35 - McKinney ISD Stadium
11.27.2020 - Longview 55, McKinney North 10 - Lobo Stadium
FULL GAME LOG

GAME PREVIEW & SERIES REVIEW:
Revenge. Head coach John King won’t want many people thinking that’s what is on the mind of his Lobos and the fans of his number one ranked team, but it will be hard to think of anything else. Revenge will be the headline as the Lobos welcome in McKinney North’s Bulldogs in the third meeting between the two programs. Last season, Longview visited McKinney ISD Stadium on a cold, windy Thursday night only to suffer a 37-35 defeat that saw the Lobos turn the ball over five different times on top of recording 13 penalties for over 120 yards. It was a nightmare for the Lobos in every which way, one that saw McKinney North’s Elijah Alexander completely steal the show offensively for the Bulldogs as he tallied up four touchdowns on the night. The second loss in district play last season marked just the second time under head coach John King that Longview had suffered two district losses within the same season. The two teams enter Longview’s Lobo Stadium in a cross road. For Longview, the Lobos are looking to clinch a playoff berth AND at least a top two seed within the district meaning a home playoff game regardless of what happens the rest of the day. The Lobos are the district’s lone remaining unbeaten team within the district. McKinney North, however, comes in at 3-1 in district play. For the Bulldogs, they will be coming in thinking a win would get them back into the district title race. McKinney North’s lone loss came to Lancaster, while Lancaster lost to Longview previously. A loss for the Bulldogs see the Lobos and Tigers pulling away while the Bulldogs would drop into battling for the third and fourth spots in district play. Last week, the Lobos sat their star backs in Taylor Tatum and Alijah Johnson but got a massive effort out of sophomore sensation Kelvin Washington, who registered four touchdowns on the night, in a 42-19 victory over the North Mesquite Stallions. The win was Longview’s eighth in a row over North Mesquite. The Lobos saw their mark of surrendering just eight points in the second half come to an end as a fumble late in the fourth quarter ended the shutout streak that had lasted since the third quarter of the second game of the season. The defense did not allow North Mesquite to pass midfield the entire half, once again. McKinney North got a highly emotional victory over Lufkin in three overtimes that saw the Bulldogs overcome a 17 point deficit in the second half before the two teams traded scores back and forth until being forced to decide a likely playoff spot, at least for Lufkin, on trading two point conversion attempts. McKinney North returns to Lobo Stadium for the second time in three years, following their 2020 Black Friday visit. The Bulldogs actually grabbed the lead early in that first meeting between the two programs, before the Lobos rolled up 340 yards rushing in a 55-10 beatdown of McKinney North. Friday’s contest will only be the 6th meeting between Longview and a McKinney ISD school, but it will be the second of the season. Longview first met McKinney High back in 1937, knocking off the Lions 32-7. The Lobos met McKinney Boyd in a 2013 playoff contest that saw the Lobos walk away with a 27-10 victory before also opening the 2022 season with a 36-10 victory over Boyd. The Lobos, of course, have been in a district with North the last three years. Longview is scheduled to meet McKinney High to open the 2023 season, as well as visit the Bulldogs in October 2023. Longview returns to Lobo Stadium for their 250th appearance inside the stadium they’ve called home since 1976. The Lobos are currently riding an 11-game winning streak at home, having won 205 of the previous 249 games they’ve played there. Highly documented, the Lobos have rarely lost at home under head coach John King, who just picked up his 204th victory as Lobo head coach. Longview sits at 86-6 under King at Lobo Stadium, but even more impressively, the Lobos are 56-2 in district ball games at home against King.

WEEK EIGHT RESULTS FOR 7-5A DIVISION I:
Forney 6 Lancaster 56
Longview 42 North Mesquite 19
Lufkin 51 McKinney North 53 (3 OT)
West Mesquite 0 Tyler 21

WEEK NINE 7-5A DIVISION I SCHEDULE:
McKinney North at Longview
North Mesquite at Forney
West Mesquite at Lancaster
Tyler at Lufkin

DISTRICT 7-5A DIVISION I STANDINGS:
1st. Longview (7-0, 4-0)
2nd. Lancaster (5-2, 3-1)
3rd. McKinney North (6-1, 3-1)
4th. Forney (4-3, 2-2)
5th. Tyler (2-5, 2-2)
6th. Lufkin (4-3, 1-3)
7th. North Mesquite (2-5, 1-3)
8th. West Mesquite (3-4, 0-4)

DISTRICT 8-5A DIVISION I OVERVIEW:
Last week - Crosby defeated Baytown Sterling, 69-21. Humble Kingwood Park defeated Baytown Lee, 54-18. New Caney Porter defeated La Porte, 35-14. Port Arthur Memorial defeated Baytown Goose Creek Memorial, 63-13. Mont Belvieu Barbers Hill was off.
This week - Baytown Sterling travels to La Porte. Humble Kingwood Park travels to Mont Belvieu Barbers hill. Baytown Lee plays Port Arthur Memorial. Baytown Goose Creek Memorial plays New Caney Porter. Crosby is off.

LONGVIEW LOBOS
Record: 7-0 (4-0)
District: 7-5A Division I
Coach: John King (204-44 in 19 seasons) (Playoffs: 45-17)
First Year of Football: 1909
All-Time Record: 763-355-52 (Playoffs: 74-44-1)
Playoff Appearances: 47
Last Playoff Appearance: 2021, Class 5A Division I Regional Round
State Championships (2): 1937 (1A), 2018 (6A D2)
State Championship Appearances (5): 1937 (1A), 1997 (5A D1), 2008 (4A D1), 2009 (4A D1), 2018 (6A D2)
SCHEDULE:
08.26 - at McKinney Boyd - Win 36-10
09.02 - vs Marshall - Win 48-11
09.09 - at Tyler Legacy - Win 69-0
09.16 - at Lufkin - Win 56-7
09.23 - vs Lancaster - Win 21-13
10.07 - vs Forney - Win 46-7
10.14 - at North Mesquite - Win 42-19
10.21 - vs McKinney North
10.28 - at Tyler
11.04 - vs West Mesquite

MCKINNEY NORTH BULLDOGS
Record: 6-1 (3-1)
District: 7-5A Division I
Coach: Kendall Brewer (6-1 in 1 season) (Playoffs: 6-9)
First Year of Football: 2002
All-Time Record: 117-106-0 (Playoffs: 7-11-0)
Playoff Appearances: 11
Last Playoff Appearance: 2021, 5A Division I Bi-District Round
State Championships (0): None
State Championship Appearances (0): None
SCHEDULE:
08.25 - vs Garland - Win 38-10
09.02 - at Justin Northwest - Win 47-39
09.08 - at Frisco Memorial - Win 59-28
09.16 - vs Lancaster - Loss 74-7
09.22 - vs Tyler - Win 34-13
10.06 - at West Mesquite - Win 34-14
10.14 - vs Lufkin - Win 53-51 (3 OT)
10.21 - at Longview
10.28 - vs Forney
11.03 - at North Mesquite

ON THIS DATE IN LOBO HISTORY: October 21st
In 1927, Bernie McCreary tallied four touchdown while Leonard Ray added three of his own as Longview rushed to a 73-0 victory over Mount Pleasant at Fair Park. The Lobos tallied up 495 total yards while holding the Tigers to 73
In 1932, Lufkin tallied 25 first downs while holding Longview to just one, as five different Panthers scored in a 34-0 Lufkin win over the Lobos at Panther Stadium.
In 1938, despite outgaining the Tigers 146 to 49 on the day, Longview was unable to push over a score as the two teams battled to a 0-0 tie. Longview was able to get to the three yard line of Texas High in the second quarter, before losing the ball on downs.
In 1949, Tommy Rae’s 21 yard rush in the first quarter lifted Longview to a 6-0 victory over Kilgore at Lobo Stadium.
In 1960, Willard Wright tallied two touchdown to lift Longview to a 47-8 win over Tyler Lee at Lobo Stadium in the two programs’ first ever meeting. The Lobos held the Rebels, at the time, to 144 total yards on the day.
In 1966, Keith Parker kicked three field goals in the only scorer of the game as Longview defeated Tyler Lee, 9-0, at Lobo Stadium.
In 1977, Jim Tutt kicked two field goals while Greg Brown hauled in a 23-yard scoring reception in a 13-7 Lobo victory over Texas High at Grim Park.
In 1978, trailing 14-3 at halftime, the Lobos stormed back in the second half with Rex Owns rushing in from three yards out in the third quarter before Mack Fa gett hauled in a 26-yard scoring reception with with 9 minutes left in the contest. James Redden intercepted Tyler Lee on the Lobo goal line with 1:30 to go to preserve the win over a Saturday night at Rose Stadium.
In 1983, Marlin Myers hauled in two scoring receptions while Joe Johnson added a 52-yard rushing tally and Leon Hendrix scored from 47 yards out in a 28-12 win over Marshall at Lobo Stadium.
In 1988, Odell Beckham tallied three times for Marshall, as the Mavericks broke a 19-year losing streak to the Lobos with a 28-0 victory at Maverick Stadium. Longview was held to just 106 yards on the day.
In 2011, Seven different Lobos scored for the Lobos as Longview rolled over North Mesquite, 49-13, at Lobo Stadium. Longview tallied up 419 total yards, including 231 passing yards, but four fumbles plagued Longview throughout.
In 2016, clinging to a 21-17 lead late in the 3rd quarter, John Tyler took off with 17 points that went unanswered until Jaylin Brown hauled in a 71-yard score late in the 4th as the Lions knocked off Longview 38-24, at Lobo Stadium. John Tyler managed 558 total yards not he day, holding Longview to 352.

lobohowl2.GIF
Edited by LoboFan07
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Five0pd310 said:

King gets the Lobos back to their game plan next week. Big win a-coming.

Feeling the same. I know King doesn't want to focus on revenge, but we all know the entire team is going to be thinking about last season.

• Like 1

First post updated.

Not sure if it's been posted on here, but a win over McKinney North would...

- Clinch Longview a playoff spot, the 22nd consecutive playoff season for Longview if it were to happen.
- Clinch a top two seed and a home bi-district contest for the 6th consecutive season.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Mojo1000 said:

Did they really get beat 74-7 by Lancaster oh my!! I bet Longview shows a little more class 56-7!

Yep. North had 6 turnover that day, two touchdowns for Lancaster by the defense.

Would love to see Longview with 6 turnovers or even just 2 defensive scores, but tough to duplicate that.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mojo1000 said:

Did they really get beat 74-7 by Lancaster oh my!! I bet Longview shows a little more class 56-7!

How is it not showing class when you beat a team bye that margin? So beating a team 56-7 is showing class. Lancaster scored 2 defensive touchdowns. Take that away and it's only 60-7. Is that better? It's only 4 more points than 56.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, VonG said:

How is it not showing class when you beat a team bye that margin? So beating a team 56-7 is showing class. Lancaster scored 2 defensive touchdowns. Take that away and it's only 60-7. Is that better? It's only 4 more points than 56.

You don’t pick up on sarcasm now do you?

1 hour ago, VonG said:

You apparently have no idea who you are talking about. King will not run a score up on anyone. How exactly do you tell the 3rd string not to score? How many times do you take a knee? How about when an opposing coach wont allow a running clock? I can't speak for any other team than ours....if the score was 56-7, it could have been much worse than that. 

Your sarcasm was NOT lost on actual Lobo fans. SMH!

Go Lobos!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LOBOFAN84 said:

You apparently have no idea who you are talking about. King will not run a score up on anyone. How exactly do you tell the 3rd string not to score? How many times do you take a knee? How about when an opposing coach wont allow a running clock? I can't speak for any other team than ours....if the score was 56-7, it could have been much worse than that. 

Go Lobos!

What the hell are you talking about? I never said Coach King ran the score up or will run the score up. I didn't even imply that. Quit making up :poop: in your mind. DAMN!!!

• LOL! 3

17 hours ago, VonG said:

What the hell are you talking about? I never said Coach King ran the score up or will run the score up. I didn't even imply that. Quit making up :poop: in your mind. DAMN!!!

Get your panties out of a bunch. I put that on the wrong post. I will make it right. The only part directed at you was the Lobo fan part. Please accept my apology for my error. 

Edited by LOBOFAN84

On 10/15/2022 at 7:11 PM, Mojo1000 said:

This post was meant for you, not VonG. An error on my part. My sentiment is the same, though.

Go Lobos!