Week Nine: Longview vs McKinney North

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (7-0, 4-0) vs McKinney North Bulldogs (6-1, 3-1)  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • McKinney North in a close one
    • McKinney North in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/22/2022 at 12:30 AM

37 minutes ago, LOBOFAN84 said:

This post was meant for you, not VonG. An error on my part. My sentiment is the same, though.

You apparently have no idea who you are talking about. King will not run a score up on anyone. How exactly do you tell the 3rd string not to score? How many times do you take a knee? How about when an opposing coach wont allow a running clock? I can't speak for any other team than ours....if the score was 56-7, it could have been much worse than that. 

Your sarcasm was NOT lost on actual Lobo fans. SMH!

Go Lobos!

Relax mama , I was joking. No need to get defensive. Longview hasn’t really ran up the score on anyone no matter how inferior the team was.

3 hours ago, Mojo1000 said:

Any chance this game competitive? Record looks nice but Lobos are on a different level.

I mean they beat us last year with a lot of the same team.

Chance yes, but…just like last year…if Longview shows up to play and doesn’t give up 5 turnovers again, it should be a comfortable win.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

I mean they beat us last year with a lot of the same team.

Chance yes, but…just like last year…if Longview shows up to play and doesn’t give up 5 turnovers again, it should be a comfortable win.

McNorth will not score a single point

37 minutes ago, gtee2 said:

McNorth will not score a single point

If they don't, we ain't seen a better defense than this.

Not that McNorth is 2008 Lake Travis or anything...but they do have some D1 weapons offensively. I think we win it big but a shutout would be impressive.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ANTI said:

If they don't, we ain't seen a better defense than this.

Not that McNorth is 2008 Lake Travis or anything...but they do have some D1 weapons offensively. I think we win it big but a shutout would be impressive.

It wouldn’t surprise me at all. Lufkin held them to 21 until the 4th qtr and that includes a shutout 3rd qtr. We looked good doing it too. That is until bubble screen green tried to get cute and we turned the ball over a trillion times and put the defense on the field 5 times in a 4 minute span. Lobos won’t allow more than a TD 

Watching the Lancaster-McNorth game, it was evident why that score was as lopsided as it was.  Those McNorth turnovers were at the worst possible times.  They actually were able to move the ball for a few drives.  The key to them obviously is the stopping their RB. What I did see was that Lancaster played them soft on the corners and McNorth took advantage of that early on with the play action.  As soon as Lancaster tightened that up, the game was over.

If we can slow the RB and keep them from having a successful short passing game, we should win by 40+. If we let them throw the ball around like Lancaster, they may score some points.

14 minutes ago, kingwolf said:

If we can slow the RB and keep them from having a successful short passing game, we should win by 40+.

It's going to be really interesting, the running attack vs our D line. It's no secret we've dominated on the ground on both side of the ball.

Nearing 2,000 rushing for ourselves, should get there tonight.

Yet, only allowing 475 yards on the ground through 7 games. Averaging less than 70 yards a game.

North is averaging over 300 yards a game on the ground, with 2,175 through 7. So yea, fascinating match up.

2 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

It's going to be really interesting, the running attack vs our D line. It's no secret we've dominated on the ground on both side of the ball.

Nearing 2,000 rushing for ourselves, should get there tonight.

Yet, only allowing 475 yards on the ground through 7 games. Averaging less than 70 yards a game.

North is averaging over 300 yards a game on the ground, with 2,175 through 7. So yea, fascinating match up.

That is insane. 

Our front 7 is extremely athletic. I wouldn't want to have to try and block those guys. I felt bad for Forney lol. 

Edited by JohnnyFootball

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

That is insane. 

Our front 7 is extremely athletic. I wouldn't want to have to try and block those guys. I felt bad for Forney lol. 

There are 4 guys in the front 7 that I legit believe are having all state seasons.

Billy Smith (had 4 sacks in the first half last week), Xaryus Sheppard, Ta'Darion Boone and Omarion Watkins.

We get Billy Smith and Xaryus Sheppard back next year!!

• Like 1