Week Nine: Longview vs McKinney North

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (7-0, 4-0) vs McKinney North Bulldogs (6-1, 3-1)  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • McKinney North in a close one
    • McKinney North in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/22/2022 at 12:30 AM

1 minute ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Another long Hale TD. If Allen can continue to drop bombs to him, Longview will be VERY tough to beat. 

The North defense is so, so bad in the secondary. But regardless, Allen has looked very solid tonight. We have to get him involved early for him to stay in it.

21 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Yet, only allowing 475 yards on the ground through 7 games. Averaging less than 70 yards a game.

North is averaging over 300 yards a game on the ground, with 2,175 through 7. So yea, fascinating match up.

Lobos held North to 112 rushing, a season low.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I mean, he's a dynamic runner, but look at the hole he has to run through.... 

That said, he makes one good cut and explodes. 

Dude, you're outing yourself as a former lineman  ;)  but it's a valid point.  

And your latter point is absolutely right. Taylor runs very, very intelligently. Some backs hit the hole full speed and outrun their blockers. Others dance around waiting too long for lanes to open. Taylor flows with the line, picking seams to power through, while also occasionally cutting back against the overpursuit. 

This line is certainly creating space for him, but he's shown exceptional ability to run to daylight. It's a devastating combination. 

6 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Lobos held North to 112 rushing, a season low.

Credit to McNorth, they came out and hit us in the mouth. But mad props to the Defense (and Berry's adjustments) to tightening up and shutting them out the rest of the way. Outside of a few big plays, the McNorth run game was non-factor. That's a huge win, within the win. 

10 minutes ago, LOL said:

Dude, you're outing yourself as a former lineman  ;)  but it's a valid point.  

And your latter point is absolutely right. Taylor runs very, very intelligently. Some backs hit the hole full speed and outrun their blockers. Others dance around waiting too long for lanes to open. Taylor flows with the line, picking seams to power through, while also occasionally cutting back against the overpursuit. 

This line is certainly creating space for him, but he's shown exceptional ability to run to daylight. It's a devastating combination. 

Hahaha guilty as charged. And you know as well as anyone what an OL guy Coach King is. He’s super hard on linemen but develops them well. 

But yeah. Even I could’ve run through that hole he had. But I wouldn’t have been able to make that cut and then just explode away from everyone. Tatum is a great back. But our line doesn’t get enough credit. I’ve watched them all year (as I do lol) and have seen that they’re stellar. 

• Thanks 1