Week 9: Timpson Bears (7-0, 3-0) at Joaquin Rams (6-1, 4-0)

trueblue82

Very likely 11AA D1 District Championship   

61 members have voted

1. 1. Bears or Rams?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/22/2022 at 12:00 AM

RETIREDFAN1
This post was recognized by RETIREDFAN1!

trueblue82 was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 25 points.

Alright folks we will go ahead and get it started. This is the one we’ve been waiting for. The Timpson Bears have looked unbeatable this year. No one has kept a game close with them, even 3A stalwarts like Daingerfield and Jefferson. They are winning by 50 point margins with regularity, behind elite athletes Terry Bussey, Vosky Howard and Amari Bruton. Led by one of the best coaches in Texas, Coach Kerry Therwanger, the Bears have steamrolled through a tough non-district schedule and only picked up speed entering league play. They run a high octane spread offense that gets their speed guys in space where one missed tackle leads to a TD. It appears that if Shelby County is going to see a school win a football state title, it will be the Timpson Bears in 2022 or 23. Then you have the Joaquin Rams. They have been impressive as well, albeit as the antithesis of the high flying Bears. The Rams are as old school as it gets, pounding away on teams with a 4-headed monster of a backfield running behind an offensive line that uses all the grace and subtlety of a D-9 dozer clearing a cutover. Although we have seen Coach Wade Lawson let his QBs sling the pigskin around a little in recent weeks, that may be just a ruse. This team lives and breathes smash-mouth football. Timpson has ruled Region 3 over the last two and a half years, with their only 2 losses since the end of the 2019 season coming to 2-time state champion Shiner in the state semifinals. The Rams have struggled to finish the season over the same span, going a collective 0-5 against Timpson and the teams they have played after facing the Bears. The Rams look different this season. Will it be enough? Can the Rams keep the football moving enough to keep it out of the hands of the Bear playmakers and grind out a W? Will the Bear machine continue to roll? I’ve already screwed my stadium seat to my spot on the 46 yard line. Y’all better get there early. 

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

Alright folks we will go ahead and get it started. This is the one we’ve been waiting for. The Timpson Bears have looked unbeatable this year. No one has kept a game close with them, even 3A stalwarts like Daingerfield and Jefferson. They are winning by 50 point margins with regularity, behind elite athletes Terry Bussey, Vosky Howard and Amari Bruton. Led by one of the best coaches in Texas, Coach Kerry Therwanger, the Bears have steamrolled through a tough non-district schedule and only picked up speed entering league play. They run a high octane spread offense that gets their speed guys in space where one missed tackle leads to a TD. It appears that if Shelby County is going to see a school win a football state title, it will be the Timpson Bears in 2022 or 23. Then you have the Joaquin Rams. They have been impressive as well, albeit as the antithesis of the high flying Bears. The Rams are as old school as it gets, pounding away on teams with a 4-headed monster of a backfield running behind an offensive line that uses all the grace and subtlety of a D-9 dozer clearing a cutover. Although we have seen Coach Wade Lawson let his QBs sling the pigskin around a little in recent weeks, that may be just a ruse. This team lives and breathes smash-mouth football. Timpson has ruled Region 3 over the last two and a half years, with their only 2 losses since the end of the 2019 season coming to 2-time state champion Shiner in the state semifinals. The Rams have struggled to finish the season over the same span, going a collective 0-5 against Timpson and the teams they have played after facing the Bears. The Rams look different this season. Will it be enough? Can the Rams keep the football moving enough to keep it out of the hands of the Bear playmakers and grind out a W? Will the Bear machine continue to roll? I’ve already screwed my stadium seat to my spot on the 46 yard line. Y’all better get 

Joaquin has a very solid football team. I can see them doing some damage in the playoffs. I just don't see them beating Timpson. Timpson has way to much firepower for Joaquin to handle. The Bears really worked hard during the bye week correcting a lot of issues they had and it really showed last night. They are much improved and really focused on finishing strong the rest of the district games. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Alright folks we will go ahead and get it started. This is the one we’ve been waiting for. The Timpson Bears have looked unbeatable this year. No one has kept a game close with them, even 3A stalwarts like Daingerfield and Jefferson. They are winning by 50 point margins with regularity, behind elite athletes Terry Bussey, Vosky Howard and Amari Bruton. Led by one of the best coaches in Texas, Coach Kerry Therwanger, the Bears have steamrolled through a tough non-district schedule and only picked up speed entering league play. They run a high octane spread offense that gets their speed guys in space where one missed tackle leads to a TD. It appears that if Shelby County is going to see a school win a football state title, it will be the Timpson Bears in 2022 or 23. Then you have the Joaquin Rams. They have been impressive as well, albeit as the antithesis of the high flying Bears. The Rams are as old school as it gets, pounding away on teams with a 4-headed monster of a backfield running behind an offensive line that uses all the grace and subtlety of a D-9 dozer clearing a cutover. Although we have seen Coach Wade Lawson let his QBs sling the pigskin around a little in recent weeks, that may be just a ruse. This team lives and breathes smash-mouth football. Timpson has ruled Region 3 over the last two and a half years, with their only 2 losses since the end of the 2019 season coming to 2-time state champion Shiner in the state semifinals. The Rams have struggled to finish the season over the same span, going a collective 0-5 against Timpson and the teams they have played after facing the Bears. The Rams look different this season. Will it be enough? Can the Rams keep the football moving enough to keep it out of the hands of the Bear playmakers and grind out a W? Will the Bear machine continue to roll? I’ve already screwed my stadium seat to my spot on the 46 yard line. Y’all better get there early. 

Let's see if I can help Joaquin out here...

Timpson by 40!

Even though I feel that Joaquin can test Timpson’s defense, I don’t expect them to be able to contain that explosive offense. If Joaquin plays their best, and I mean VERY BEST, game I can see the score being 28-35 in Timpson’s favor or a nail biting finish. But if they aren’t able to eat the clock and keep the ball out of the hands of #10, we know Timpson can win by 50+ at will.

10 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

I can see this looking like the Beckville/Timpson game. The score could be even more lopsided also

I think it depends on if Joaquin can have any kind of success moving the ball. If they can move the ball, even for a few drives, it will shorten the game and the score. 

I still got Timpson by 28+

In my old days of playing middle linebacker,Bussey gets hit on every play when he hands it off,hit him,when he throws,hit him,standing on the sidelines hit him,heck hit him at coin toss.the point I'm getting at is you gotta make him want to get ride of the ball quicker than he normally does, the longer that kid holds the ball the more dangerous he becomees..not saying play dirty but get after him non stop make him get rid of it quicker and maybe he makes a mistake you can capitalize on,play for any break you can get,because if you don't you are roasted.

That being said,it's Damn harder to do than say,hence why they are probably the best 2a team in the state,may the odds be ever in your favor.

Watched Waskom D have some limited success with Timpson by not chasing Bussey but breaking down to wall him off.  40 points scored was misleading to the defensive play of Waskom in my opinion.  Waskom ran the ball better against  Timpson they did against weaker teams.  This all can mean Joaquin has a chance to keep it close. I enjoyed watching Joaquin in the scrimmage.  Love seeing misdirection make better athletes look foolish😋.  Hope the best for both programs.

2 hours ago, Ringside said:

Watched Waskom D have some limited success with Timpson by not chasing Bussey but breaking down to wall him off.  40 points scored was misleading to the defensive play of Waskom in my opinion.  Waskom ran the ball better against  Timpson they did against weaker teams.  This all can mean Joaquin has a chance to keep it close. I enjoyed watching Joaquin in the scrimmage.  Love seeing misdirection make better athletes look foolish😋.  Hope the best for both programs.

Waskom was down 20-14 going into the 4th quarter and had just stopped Timpson and got a little smart thinking they would cross them up and threw on the first down play and got it intercepted, Timpson then put up 20 unanswered points game over. 

I’m not going to give a score prediction. It’s a pretty well known fact that if the Rams (or any other AA team not named Shiner)  beats Timpson it will be a huge upset. That kinda goes without saying. They have been on a different level since the 2020 season started. I do know this for certain: this is by far the best Joaquin team they’ve seen over that span. The other thing I’m certain about is this: no one is going to beat Timpson trying to do what they do. Their scheme fits their athletes, they are extremely well coached in that scheme, and their athletes are elite. The fact that what Joaquin does, scheme-wise, is the polar opposite to Timpson is the reason I think the Rams have a puncher’s chance here. There is zero room for error by the Rams. Penalties or missed blocks that cause negative plays will put us behind schedule and you can’t have that against this defense. Will it happen? The experts all say no. I guess we’ll find out Friday night. 

5 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

In my old days of playing middle linebacker,Bussey gets hit on every play when he hands it off,hit him,when he throws,hit him,standing on the sidelines hit him,heck hit him at coin toss.the point I'm getting at is you gotta make him want to get ride of the ball quicker than he normally does, the longer that kid holds the ball the more dangerous he becomees..not saying play dirty but get after him non stop make him get rid of it quicker and maybe he makes a mistake you can capitalize on,play for any break you can get,because if you don't you are roasted.

That being said,it's Damn harder to do than say,hence why they are probably the best 2a team in the state,may the odds be ever in your favor.

Can’t hit what you can’t catch. Lol.

RETIREDFAN1
This post was recognized by RETIREDFAN1!

Ramfanforever was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 5 points.

Both of these teams are good. I am a Ram fan thru and thru, and I I will back them till it is over. That being said it will be hard for anyone to beat the Bears this year. No matter the outcome I pray that there are no injuries to either team and travel mercies for our neighbors. 

• Like 3