Week 9: Timpson Bears (7-0, 3-0) at Joaquin Rams (6-1, 4-0)

trueblue82

Very likely 11AA D1 District Championship   

61 members have voted

1. 1. Bears or Rams?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/22/2022 at 12:00 AM

21 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

In my old days of playing middle linebacker,Bussey gets hit on every play when he hands it off,hit him,when he throws,hit him,standing on the sidelines hit him,heck hit him at coin toss.the point I'm getting at is you gotta make him want to get ride of the ball quicker than he normally does, the longer that kid holds the ball the more dangerous he becomees..not saying play dirty but get after him non stop make him get rid of it quicker and maybe he makes a mistake you can capitalize on,play for any break you can get,because if you don't you are roasted.

That being said,it's Damn harder to do than say,hence why they are probably the best 2a team in the state,may the odds be ever in your favor.

Very few people ever get a chance to really get a solid hit on him .... he has a knack for avoiding contact .... 

18 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

I’m not going to give a score prediction. It’s a pretty well known fact that if the Rams (or any other AA team not named Shiner)  beats Timpson it will be a huge upset. That kinda goes without saying. They have been on a different level since the 2020 season started. I do know this for certain: this is by far the best Joaquin team they’ve seen over that span. The other thing I’m certain about is this: no one is going to beat Timpson trying to do what they do. Their scheme fits their athletes, they are extremely well coached in that scheme, and their athletes are elite. The fact that what Joaquin does, scheme-wise, is the polar opposite to Timpson is the reason I think the Rams have a puncher’s chance here. There is zero room for error by the Rams. Penalties or missed blocks that cause negative plays will put us behind schedule and you can’t have that against this defense. Will it happen? The experts all say no. I guess we’ll find out Friday night. 

I’m gonna stick with my 40-40 rule when it comes to them Bears…. You better be able to score 40 against us because we are gonna drop at least 40 on you….. Bears by 3Td’s 

On 10/15/2022 at 8:16 AM, WildBear said:

Joaquin has a very solid football team. I can see them doing some damage in the playoffs. I just don't see them beating Timpson. Timpson has way to much firepower for Joaquin to handle. The Bears really worked hard during the bye week correcting a lot of issues they had and it really showed last night. They are much improved and really focused on finishing strong the rest of the district games. 

I will admit that Joe does look like the best team they have had past two season’s but must I remind everyone that the Bears jr class is a combined 110-0 point spread in 20-21….. js 

• Like 2

I will say this. The 2020 team was very good.  14 - 1 Got blown out by Shiner in semi final. 2021 Timpson got better . 12-1 Competed with Shiner in semi finals pushed them further than any team in 3 years. At the end of the day we lost. No excuses. Now the 2022 Team is so much better. This team has one goal to accomplish and we all know what that is. No disrespect to Joaquin because they are solid. But in the Bears mind they are just another opponent standing in the way of the Bears mission. Timpson wins big in this game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SloppyJoe said:

Timpson has proved they have an answer for all 7 run plays and the variables off them plays. Wonder if old Joe goes up top Friday?

Those Bears are known for a few pick sixes and a little secondary ball hawking….. Joe better stick to what they do….js 

• LOL! 1

1 minute ago, corrigancamden09 said:

I’m gonna come to this game!   We are playing Thursday night this week, will y’all welcome a bulldog fan to sit with y’all ? Lol 

Seating will be limited on visitors side but they have a cool light show to kick the game off 😁

34 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

Yes sir!   The visitor stands are a lil on the small side .. lol 

i don’t mind standing on the fence for this showdown!  

Come on over to the home side. I’ll make a spot for you. If you’re wearing blue you’ll fit right in. I can’t promise the same courtesy if you’re wearing black and yellow. 

30 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

😂 it’s not my first choice..  but I will for a good game 

Every home game I could sit up in the booth ac/heat  but I choose to stand down by the fence, if I'm to old to be on the field any more,at least I can get as close to it as possible..for 10 years or so I put the run through tunnel up for the boys...it's just where I belong 🤷‍♂️

Edited by upullinmychain
Spell check blows 👀. You hear me ol son.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, upullinmychain said:

Everybody home game I could sit up in the booth ac/heat  but I choose to stand down by the fence, if I'm to old to be on the field any more,at least I can get as close to it as possible..for 10 years order some I put the run through tunnel up for the boys...it's just where I belong 🤷‍♂️

I completely understand that!   
I really enjoy blowing the horn cause I’m kinda up on a hill and can see everything good!   

Just my thoughts, The slot t’s only shot at winning is the ole school 3 1/2 yards and no cloud of dust. Gamble on 4th down if 3 and under, snap ball with one second on play clock. Error free football.  Oh yea , pop Timpson in the mouth when they get off the bus, like your life depends on it.