Week 9: Timpson Bears (7-0, 3-0) at Joaquin Rams (6-1, 4-0)

trueblue82

Very likely 11AA D1 District Championship   

61 members have voted

1. 1. Bears or Rams?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/22/2022 at 12:00 AM

4 minutes ago, Destry said:

Just my thoughts, The slot t’s only shot at winning is the ole school 3 1/2 yards and no cloud of dust. Gamble on 4th down if 3 and under, snap ball with one second on play clock. Error free football.  Oh yea , pop Timpson in the mouth when they get off the bus, like your life depends on it. 

Yes. We definitely have to be able to establish the run and grind on them. No one is going to win a shootout with these guys. Daingerfield has the burn marks to prove it. 

Everybody thinks they have the game plan to beat Timpson. But in the last 2 1/2 years only 1 team has been able to do it. No one else has even come close. Anything is possible and everyone is beatable but the odds are not favorable. Centerville and Waskom tried the keep away approach but with little success. But maybe Joaquin can do it. And if they can I will be the first to tip my cap to you and say great game. One thing for sure we will find out Friday night. 

1 minute ago, WildBear said:

Everybody thinks they have the game plan to beat Timpson. But in the last 2 1/2 years only 1 team has been able to do it. No one else has even come close. Anything is possible and everyone is beatable but the odds are not favorable. Centerville and Waskom tried the keep away approach but with little success. But maybe Joaquin can do it. And if they can I will be the first to tip my cap to you and say great game. One thing for sure we will find out Friday night. 

I didn’t say it was some kind of magic bullet that will guarantee a win. I said it’s basically our only shot. Daingerfield is a team built for shootouts, and got smoked by Timpson doing it. If we can’t establish the run game and use it to keep the ball out of the hands of Bussey, Howard and the other Bear playmakers, we’re gonna get blown out as well. Even if we can run the ball, it’s an uphill battle. Stealing a possession or two with some creativity in the kicking game or a rare Timpson turnover would be a big help. Those things don’t happen often. 

12 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

I didn’t say it was some kind of magic bullet that will guarantee a win. I said it’s basically our only shot. Daingerfield is a team built for shootouts, and got smoked by Timpson doing it. If we can’t establish the run game and use it to keep the ball out of the hands of Bussey, Howard and the other Bear playmakers, we’re gonna get blown out as well. Even if we can run the ball, it’s an uphill battle. Stealing a possession or two with some creativity in the kicking game or a rare Timpson turnover would be a big help. Those things don’t happen often. 

Totally agree 👍 

34 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Yep!  A team can’t score if they don’t have the ball ..  

i miss CC running the wing T! 

Last year after Timpson played Booneville many were saying that Timpson couldn’t stop the run and that the game with Joaquin was gonna be interesting. Joaquin definitely a better team than the last couple years. People may think I’m stupid but it is possible Timpson’s line is slightly better than last years.

1 hour ago, upullinmychain said:

If you got a min, point out who has dominated the Los against timpson this year.  I'll wait 👀

No one. The last two years, Joaquin could not sustain a drive. Like I said in my post, if they don’t control both lines, they’re toast. 

10 hours ago, corrigancamden09 said:

Yep!  A team can’t score if they don’t have the ball ..  

i miss CC running the wing T! 

I like it too,if you have enough backs to rotate fresh legs.  Centerville tried the “keep the ball away” scenario on us last year…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bear9T1 said:

I like it too,if you have enough backs to rotate fresh legs.  Centerville tried the “keep the ball away” scenario on us last year…

I will always love the wing T  I guess..  I love a good ground n pound offense!

when CC used to run it we always had 2 backs sometimes 3 .. and 2 fullbacks that we rotated.. 

im not a big fan of the spread..  I have had to learn to try and like it and accept it..    the spread is only good if you have the athletes to run it ,  but you can build a tough running program and have success just about every year ..  I seen CC do it from 97 to 2020 by making the playoffs every year and winning a state title ..  once in 02..  and also won one in 88. 

everyone has their own offense they love ..  I guess mine will always be the wing T.. 

LIVE BY THE RUN..  DIE BY THE RUN..

Edited by corrigancamden09

39 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

I will always love the wing T  I guess..  I love a good ground n pound offense!

when CC used to run it we always had 2 backs sometimes 3 .. and 2 fullbacks that we rotated.. 

im not a big fan of the spread..  I have had to learn to try and like it and accept it..    the spread is only good if you have the athletes to run it ,  but you can build a tough running program and have success just about every year ..  I seen CC do it from 97 to 2020 by making the playoffs every year and winning a state title ..  once in 02..  and also won one in 88. 

everyone has their own offense they love ..  I guess mine will always be the wing T.. 

LIVE BY THE RUN..  DIE BY THE RUN..

Yes sir that's the ticket right there. Joaquin offense is very similar to the days of old CC teams!

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, GATA18 said:

Yes sir that's the ticket right there. Joaquin offense is very similar to the days of old CC teams!

Ground n pound man!  

i can remember coaches that would tell our old coaches Todd York and seven Armstrong ,  they would say we already know what y’all are gonna do ..  we don’t have to scout y’all … 

and they would just laugh and say yeah but you still gotta stop it … lol

18 minutes ago, GATA18 said:

In 96 I can remember as a lil boy we had the state ranked rusk eagles come to town!  Everyone was saying they was gonna wipe the floor with CC and that it would be a running clock after halftime… boy were they wrong….

i remember coach York running 6 A sweep right GAP on two !! He ran it 7 times in a row!!  And he was on the field screaming run it at them again!! I’ll never forget it !! 
we beat rusk that night by 2 touchdowns