Week 9: Timpson Bears (7-0, 3-0) at Joaquin Rams (6-1, 4-0)

trueblue82

Very likely 11AA D1 District Championship   

61 members have voted

1. 1. Bears or Rams?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/22/2022 at 12:00 AM

1 minute ago, SAPACK1 said:

My opinion after this game........   Timpson won't win the trophy again this year......  sorry Timpson, maybe next year!

Not a knock on joe.....Joe......  just think our neighboring regions are more than this Timpson team can handle......  Joex2..

2 minutes ago, EaglesN2000 said:

I thought Timpson was supposed to blow Joaquin out? Bad night? Bad calls? Or Timpson overrated? 

I feel like a lot of people simply underrated Joaquin. If you want to say Timpson have any weaknesses (which I wouldn’t really go as far to say), the Rams perfectly fit into them. So I’d say a combination of an underrated team playing a team that isn’t playing their absolute best creates the shocker we had tonight.

Just now, WolfNation said:

I feel like a lot of people simply underrated Joaquin. If you want to say Timpson have any weaknesses (which I wouldn’t really go as far to say), the Rams perfectly fit into them. So I’d say a combination of an underrated team playing a team that isn’t playing their absolute best creates the shocker we had tonight.

I thought Timpson’s line was their weakness. Still a very tough team but Joaquin is stout and well coached!  

4 minutes ago, Indaeast said:

No, Joaquin just lost. Played keep away like they had to do. Second half Joaquin scores once with 30 something seconds left. Great job by Timpson handling the adversity.  

Correct. I told Terry that the interception was the play of the year in my book. Good players don’t make that play. Great players don’t make that play. ELITE players make those kind of plays. Our kid had the corner beat and the ball was thrown perfectly. He made up 25 yards and picked it off. Unreal. 

3 minutes ago, WolfNation said:

I’m not sure Joaquin can replicate their performance from tonight in a rematch

We made adjustments on the D line second half that made the difference. We should have made that adjustment in the first quarter. 

12 minutes ago, Bear9T1 said:

Stupid penalties at that 

The late hit on the QB was a costly dumb penalty. Pass was incomplete, putting y’all in 4th and long. We converted it for you. But like you and I discussed, the officials waited till things got out of hand before they found their flags. We had several costly UC flags in the third quarter that put us in down and distance situations that we just aren’t built for. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gonpeace said:

This is honestly the worst officiated gamenive seen in a long time. These refs are letting the rams coach all over the field all day and no flags. The rams are dirty players!! Big time late hits all game!!

I agree on the officials.  They let Timpson players push, shove after the whistle.