Week 9: Timpson Bears (7-0, 3-0) at Joaquin Rams (6-1, 4-0)

trueblue82

Very likely 11AA D1 District Championship   

61 members have voted

1. 1. Bears or Rams?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/22/2022 at 12:00 AM

29 minutes ago, Indaeast said:

No, Joaquin just lost. Played keep away like they had to do. Second half Joaquin scores once with 30 something seconds left. Great job by Timpson handling the adversity.  

Yes, they limited Timpson’s possession and played physical football.  Handling adversity isn’t starting a brawl.  That’s losing your emotions.  Better make sure that gets fixed.  

Just now, WolfNation said:

Which team was being dirty cus I’m hearing both sides 😂

Man both tbh. It was just a few players on each side. I actually wouldn't even call it dirty just emotional kids playing tough Football.

Ol’ TRUEBLUE’s thoughts: 

first of all, congratulations to Timpson. Y’all have a heckuva football team. Terry Bussey is an elite athlete that makes everyone around him better. Good kid too. I met him after the game. I thought our first two possessions were masterpieces of play calling and execution. Bussey made a Bussey play that probably kept it from being 21-0 at halftime. Timpson made some really good defensive adjustments at halftime that allowed them to get stops. That, and Terry Bussey were the difference in this game. I couldn’t be more proud of my team. Those young men stood toe-to-toe with a loaded team that no one believed they could play with and traded haymakers for four quarters. They fought to the last second. That’s all a fan can ask. Good luck to the Bears in Shelbyville next week. We’ll head down to West Sabine and try to nail down the 2 seed. 

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, WolfNation said:

I feel like a lot of people simply underrated Joaquin. If you want to say Timpson have any weaknesses (which I wouldn’t really go as far to say), the Rams perfectly fit into them. So I’d say a combination of an underrated team playing a team that isn’t playing their absolute best creates the shocker we had tonight.

I’ve seen Facebook posts about the refs being in favor of Joaquin, so I was curious. But the posts I’m seeing here show there were penalties for both sides. 
The outcome of this gane was shocking after all I’ve read and heard about Timpson. 

2 minutes ago, EaglesN2000 said:

I’ve seen Facebook posts about the refs being in favor of Joaquin, so I was curious. But the posts I’m seeing here show there were penalties for both sides. 
The outcome of this gane was shocking after all I’ve read and heard about Timpson. 

Everyone always wants to make the game about the refs. If the ref can win or lose a game for a team then it's their own fault for letting it be that close. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, EaglesN2000 said:

Well if you read it on Facebook it must be true. No one ever posts anything that they don’t have a clue about on there. Truthfully, the game was called pretty equally bad for both teams. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Lambo said:

Everyone always wants to make the game about the refs. If the ref can win or lose a game for a team then it's their own fault for letting it be that close. 

Absolutely agree. It’s part of it. And really a bad excuse nobody wants to hear, lol. 

2 minutes ago, EaglesN2000 said:

Timpson is a fine football team.  Joaquin has a great gameplan and executed it to perfection in the first half.  I know Daingerfield played them ok for a while, but they put them away.  I believe Timpson came in overconfident after the beat down they put on Joaquin last year and Joaquin went to throwing big punches and landing them.  Apparently they didn’t like it, much like one guy here doesn’t like me saying that.  At this classification your doing well if you get a set of refs, much less decent ones.  There were missed calls both ways. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DB2point0 said:

Timpson is a fine football team.  Joaquin has a great gameplan and executed it to perfection in the first half.  I know Daingerfield played them ok for a while, but they put them away.  I believe Timpson came in overconfident after the beat down they put on Joaquin last year and Joaquin went to throwing big punches and landing them.  Apparently they didn’t like it, much like one guy here doesn’t like me saying that.  At this classification your doing well if you get a set of refs, much less decent ones.  There were missed calls both ways. 

They definitely missed the face mask call against Timpson on Joaquin’s last drive. I just watched a good video with the view from the end zone. The kids hands were no where near his face mask. I will agree that the officiating stunk for both teams.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

The adversity they faced tonight will hopefully help them down the road. Good luck to be teams going forward!. 

6 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

They definitely missed the face mask call against Timpson on Joaquin’s last drive. I just watched a good video with the view from the end zone. The kids hands were no where near his face mask. I will agree that the officiating stunk for both teams.

I thought he tackled up high but it was very apparent he wasn't near the facemask. 

10 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

And they missed one of your OL bulldog a kid, jerk his helmet off and sling it 20 yards downs field.  That was another ejection that should’ve happened.  They missed a lot.  The staff better get the tempers in check, and what I understand they will.  Timpson is too good of a team for that to cost them in the 4th or 5th round.  Good luck the rest of the way.  Unless we face y’all again

8 minutes ago, Lambo said:

I thought he tackled up high but it was very apparent he wasn't near the facemask. 

Two hands on the back. About the top of the numbers. I definitely don’t blame the refs for an outcome of a game, because both teams had bad calls. It’s just part of the game.🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DB2point0 said:

And they missed one of your OL bulldog a kid, jerk his helmet off and sling it 20 yards downs field.  That was another ejection that should’ve happened.  They missed a lot.  The staff better get the tempers in check, and what I understand they will.  Timpson is too good of a team for that to cost them in the 4th or 5th round.  Good luck the rest of the way.  Unless we face y’all again

That’s the first brawl our team has been involved in this year. Number 2 for Joaquin I think. In as many weeks too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JMS1971 said:

That’s the first brawl our team has been involved in this year. Number 2 for Joaquin I think. In as many weeks too.

Sorry, but y’all started the brawl.  Yes it was over the late hit, but a different player came after him and started it.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1