Week 9: Timpson Bears (7-0, 3-0) at Joaquin Rams (6-1, 4-0)

trueblue82

Very likely 11AA D1 District Championship   

61 members have voted

1. 1. Bears or Rams?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/22/2022 at 12:00 AM

1 minute ago, DB2point0 said:

Sorry, but y’all started the brawl.  Yes it was over the late hit, but a different player came after him and started it.  

I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree on that. I’m certain Shelbyville started that one last week too. 

Joaquin came out and played excellent in the first half. Timpson coaches were slow to make adjustments in my opinion. Our young O/D lines played a lot better after halftime adjustments. The Rams should do well in the playoffs. Who knows, maybe we’ll meet again in a few weeks.

1 hour ago, EaglesN2000 said:

I thought Timpson was supposed to blow Joaquin out? Bad night? Bad calls? Or Timpson overrated? 

Timpson came out flat, because I believe in the minds of teenagers, not coaches, they were slightly underestimating the Rams. They may have still had last seasons game on their minds and thought they could just show up. But after the Rams punched them in the mouth a couple of times, the Bears started to wake up and realize that the Rams are no joke. They come to play. But Timpson imo, is NOT overrated. If anything, the Joaquin Rams are underrated. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Timpson came out flat, because I believe in the minds of teenagers, not coaches, they were slightly underestimating the Rams. They may have still had last seasons game on their minds and thought they could just show up. But after the Rams punched them in the mouth a couple of times, the Bears started to wake up and realize that the Rams are no joke. They come to play. But Timpson imo, is NOT overrated. If anything, the Joaquin Rams are underrated. 

Agreed on all points 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

I heard about that one also. Heard a kid took a swing at a coach.

A Shelbyville kid also took a swing at a Joaquin coach... If you want you can message me on Facebook and I'll send you the video... 

I'll tell you exactly what happened in this game. Timpson makes the short ride over expecting another big win with an easy night's work. Joaquin punches them in the nose a few times hard. Timpson has to go back to their corner and re group. They realize they're in a fight and begin to fight back. The Bears fight hard and win the game and get back to Timpson and breathe a sigh of relief. This game was an absolute dog fight and I can guarantee you if those kids did overlook Joaquin they will not make the same mistake again if they see each other in the playoffs. As for adults on social media calling a CHILD trash I have no words except I hope nobody ever says that about my children because if they do you'll see a reasonable man do unreasonable things. 

Edited by Lambo
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Lambo said:

A Shelbyville kid also took a swing at a Joaquin coach... If you want you can message me on Facebook and I'll send you the video... 

No need, I have no reason to doubt you. Discipline is sorely lacking it seems. I know many want to blame coaches when these things break out, but I think it starts more at home.

2 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

No need, I have no reason to doubt you. Discipline is sorely lacking it seems. I know many want to blame coaches when these things break out, but I think it starts more at home.

Definitely. I won't pretend to know anything about Shelbyville's coach. But from what I've heard he's a good man and a good coach. This is an issue he inherited and it was an issue that arose after I graduated in 2011 because the Shelbyville guys I played against where nothing but class.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lambo said:

I'll tell you exactly what happened in this game. Timpson makes the short ride over expecting another big win with an easy night's work. Joaquin punches them in the nose a few times hard. Timpson has to go back to their corner and re group. They realize they're in a fight and begin to fight back. The Bears fight hard and win the game and get back to Timpson and breathe a sigh of relief. This game was an absolute dog fight and I can guarantee you if those kids did overlook Joaquin they will not make the same mistake again if they see each other in the playoffs. As for adults in social media calling a CHILD trash I have no words except I hope nobody ever says that about my children because if they do you'll see a reasonable man do unreasonable things. 

You hit the nail on the head. No one should get on here calling any of these young athletes trash! I believe my response would be similar to yours. That tussle was the one cloud over this game tonight. Probably the best game I’ve been to this year except for that. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

You hit the nail on the head. No one should get on here calling any of these young athletes trash! I believe my response would be similar to yours. That tussle was the one cloud over this game tonight. Probably the best game I’ve been to this year except for that. 

10-4! Probably the proudest I've been of a Joaquin team since one of my brothers went for about 250 on 9 carries and 2 touchdowns in a playoff game 🤣🤣. Tonight was one of those games that everyone involved will remember forever.

Edited by Lambo

12 minutes ago, Lambo said:

10-4! Probably the proudest I've been of a Joaquin team since one of my brothers went for about 250 on 9 carries and 2 touchdowns in a playoff game 🤣🤣. Tonight was one of those games that everyone involved will remember forever.

They definitely played their butts off. Some are asking if Timpson was overated, but I think Joaquin is very underrated. The Rams have a solid team and you have every reason to be proud of them.

2 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Ol’ TRUEBLUE’s thoughts: 

first of all, congratulations to Timpson. Y’all have a heckuva football team. Terry Bussey is an elite athlete that makes everyone around him better. Good kid too. I met him after the game. I thought our first two possessions were masterpieces of play calling and execution. Bussey made a Bussey play that probably kept it from being 21-0 at halftime. Timpson made some really good defensive adjustments at halftime that allowed them to get stops. That, and Terry Bussey were the difference in this game. I couldn’t be more proud of my team. Those young men stood toe-to-toe with a loaded team that no one believed they could play with and traded haymakers for four quarters. They fought to the last second. That’s all a fan can ask. Good luck to the Bears in Shelbyville next week. We’ll head down to West Sabine and try to nail down the 2 seed. 

Well said

Good job Rams! I DO believe in moral victories! 

Just ask the 2008 NY Giants who were the victims of a close loss to the Patriots for their 16th win to complete a perfect regular season. 

Only to wind up 18 and 1 a few weeks later falling to the same Giants in the Big Show! 

In hindsight the Giants players and coaches all unanimously agreed that the close regular season loss to the GREAT Patriots gave them the confidence they needed to go on their magical run. 

I know this is high school and much different but the Rams HAVE to be feeling pretty good about their team and their chances to go far in the playoffs! 

Congrats to the Bears on a hard win! I think now they will really go on a tear! 

Will possibly meet Joe for the regional championship. I hope so. 

28 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

I still think timpson win's it All.. they have The tools And The grit to make it happen,and The coaching as well... Good luck fellas 

I think a team that runs the ball well and plays good defense will get them. They are good, but their weakness is on film now.